The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Too many fans of football who just happen to have villa as heir own club which sounds like it's secondary to them.

Holding him back my arse. Too many have been brainwashed by sky In to supporting their product and not the club they grew up supporting.

When I grew we hated the opposition, if any one said to me that a player I loved should go to Liverpool to further their career they'd be seeing stars.

The owners of shiteh could have started their little football hobby by buying SHA and would have won the same amount of trophies. Shite club with endless money and devious enough to buy their way out of any punishments they have gotten or will get.

Jack is off because the gamed is f****d.

So true, they can’t get their heads around the fact that city and Chelsea came from nothing, any other team trying to break into the top 6 is now offensive or audacious but i was ok for city and chelsea to do so

He will be a success at Man City, if they use him right he'll be their best player other than De Bruyne, the only thing that might stop that is if they try and use him as central midfielder in rotation with Gündoğan as I've read they might do, he'll still do okay for them and get game time but that postion won't get out the best in him, he needs to be in the final third being allowed to be creative.

Just now, AVTuco said:

Got angry first, but have calmed down now.

F*** you Jack, get the **** out of my club and never come back. 

'Kin hell mate, it's a good job you took some time to relax :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, daggy_333 said:

So once this is all finally confirmed, do we feel like the club have handled it badly?

Having the open training sessions, allowing fans to have pictures taken with him etc, not saying anything at all since the bid was placed. 

Not sure how I feel about it all.

Nah. It’s fans that went all nuts about it and in denial. Said from the start you could tell something wasn’t right by how he was getting no attention from the club social media.

So once this is all finally confirmed, do we feel like the club have handled it badly?

Having the open training sessions, allowing fans to have pictures taken with him etc, not saying anything at all since the bid was placed. 

it would have been a masterstroke.....IF he had stayed.

The way the club have handled it, especially the whole public circus thing, is reminiscent of something from the Lerner or Xia days....the only thing missing was no XIA tweeting lmao.

I am surprised as I thought we had tightended the comms side of things up. I dont buy that this resort thing was booked ages ago, they easily could have cancelled a booking, cost wouldnt matter to the club. Its caused us lot on VT to have a collective breakdown!

• Like 1

Yeah, I think that’s a fair question. I won’t claim to know how they should have handled it better, but the last week hasn’t been handled brilliantly if it was looking likely he’d leave all along. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I can't be arsed with all the people coming out with all the shit to attack him with that we've been feverously defending from other fans saying.  

Yes it's disappointing, and the legend of Grealish and his pure Villa status has died but cut out the vitriolic shit.  Hypocritical as ****.

I can only assume it’s people with either anger issues, a real sense of entitlement, a lack of intelligence, or that they’re simply children. Throw in an addiction to social media where they always have to be online checking updates and then getting involved in arguments, and you have a mess for the eyeballs. 

I’m mostly ignoring twitter this week, other than to literally check for signing updates. It’s just not worth seeing all of these completely biased points which hundreds of people agree with.

I just saw one about how City’s attackers played about 58% of City’s games last season, whereas Jack played 68% of Villa’s even with an injury….. nothing was mentioned about the City players injuries, nor was it mentioned that they probably played about 30 more games than us.

Bye Jack. I hope you have a stinker against us, but I also hope you win some things. But then I also hope we win things and you come to regret leaving when you could have become a true legend. But mostly… bye.

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Got angry first, but have calmed down now.

F*** you Jack, get the **** out of my club and never come back. I hope you'll become the biggest most expensive flop in English football. But I won't know that since I won't be following any city players ever. 

I thought you were like Giannis  well I hoped you were. But you want to do it the easy way: join a superteam which doesn't need you to win. Hope the bench is warm Jack.

This is you calm?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's absolutely **** genius. Bit of a reputation in the NFL, not known at all over here, so he's got absolutely **** all to lose while having a figleaf of potential insider knowledge. That's one hell of a wind up. Hats off to him.

Genius? Its one of the most small time things I've ever seen. Its the sort of thing you'd kind of expect from Blues or Albion fans. 

Its also pretty weird. This whole "rivalry" with Leeds is completely bizarre.

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm gonna be honest here, and this is something I've thought for a while. His only been a truly world class player for about a season. I think there are reasonable doubts as to whether he can continue to perform at the level he did for us in a team that isn't built nor focused around him. He wouldn't be the first player that fails to live up to the hype after a big money move to a top team and he certainly wouldn't be the last either.

It's his mentality. He's a driven individual. Even in his cameos in the EURO'S he stood out.

Anyone got Ben Mee's number?

2 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Nah. On the assumption that the club were still in negotiations with Man City, it was a way of us showing them "business as usual until you sort shit out your end:. 

13 minutes ago, blunther said:

Be interesting how this all works out. If he gets up to the same antics with Man City (and I can't see why he wouldn't) it'll be a lot more visible, and he'll be regular front page material for the rags. You get the impression that he doesn't exactly look after himself as best he could, and I wonder if that, along with his shins, will hamper his longevity in the game. I'd expect him to be more in Rooney shape than Ashley Young shape in ten years' time anyway.

Was thinking the same tbh. Look at pros who keep going well into there 30s they are dedicated pros.

I do wonder if the not playing every week is an attraction for Jack. I also wonder if villa have been a bit shrewd in bagging £100m tbh.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Anyone thinking he's not going to be a success at City is deluded. He's an elite footballer that I hoped we could hold on to for another season. That front 4 was potentially very frightening.

We have to get kamada at any cost. His commercial value to us in the far East will mean we can in 3/4 seasons go to City and try signing their best players. 

Sick of these clubs being able to stop us in our tracks. We need FFP gone.

Of course he will be a success. It’s hard not to be. I just don’t think he will be the megastar some think he will be.  

Not at all. It was fans going crazy trying to read into every little thing and inventing cryptic clues. 

The club carried on as normal and it spoke volumes that there was no fuss made about him returning or any focus on him from our social media account. 

We had fans on here convinced because some words were in bold for gods sake. 

The club carried on as normal. 

• Like 3

Think they've just treated him like any other player. The open training sessions allowed the fans to see Aston Villa training not Grealish. I've no issues with how the club have handled this at all - professional and without any fanfare or theatrics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â