The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Oh ffs.

it will be won in march /april time, when kane goes their too ,

if city win league & cups sky might have a problem ,,,they will have to try & get subscribers on board to settle for other teams to fight for second spot.

the race for second hots up etc, its not a fair system,ffp is worthless,

the pig 6 wanted their nose in troth only a few weeks ago to get richer, 

when will it end .UTV 

15 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Exactly.

Normal employee leaves company in order to further his career in line with his ambitions. "Fair play to him for taking on that new challenge", "good luck, maybe we will work together again in the future"

Footballer does the same. "He's a snake, a rat..."

Footballers really are not normal employees. They are being payed millions of pounds to kick a ball, a lot of the money coming from the pockets of us ordinary fans whose ONLY return on our investment is emotional in nature. Football’s only actual product is emotion. Fans will and should get emotional over stuff like this, and the footballers getting rich off of those emotions really should, and I suspect do, not get too upset about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can you imagine how gutted some of the younger Villa fans are?

I'm an adult and it's gutting, so I can't imagine how they feel.

I know the gravity of heroes when you're a child. Heartbreaking.

It is but young people are very impressionable too. Buendia and Bailey get debut goals next weekend, watch how fast the kids will move on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hiney said:

This is same guy that was regularly getting in the press for all the wrong reasons.. pictures of him collapsed on the pavements abroad, laughing gas, drink driving, leaving the scene of a crime, pictures with dodgy birds etc and we stuck with him. He always had the talent but we have nurtured that and molded him into the player and professional he is today, when he could have quite easily gone off the rails.

Be interesting how this all works out. If he gets up to the same antics with Man City (and I can't see why he wouldn't) it'll be a lot more visible, and he'll be regular front page material for the rags. You get the impression that he doesn't exactly look after himself as best he could, and I wonder if that, along with his shins, will hamper his longevity in the game. I'd expect him to be more in Rooney shape than Ashley Young shape in ten years' time anyway.

I may be a bit salty but I hope he flops at city, collects his medals as a bit part player whilst we push for champions league over the next 4 or so years. He's done wonders for the club on helping us get promoted but if he'd have captained us in Europe after the shite we've been through he'd have been a proper legend but now he's no better than Gareth Barry. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can you imagine how gutted some of the younger Villa fans are?

I'm an adult and it's gutting, so I can't imagine how they feel.

I know the gravity of heroes when you're a child. Heartbreaking.

He did a birthday message for my 6 year old so she has loved him even more since. She’ll be a little upset but fortunately she doesn’t really care about football enough yet to care for too long. 

5 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

We built the team around him for our own gain, not his. Yes, he's benefited from it but we clearly have to.

I just want the saga over now. I hope this doesn't disillusion the owners - but will be a huge battle to even finish top half, considering we couldn't do that with Jack. 

Well, yeah. But it’s not like our recent success is simply a product of Jack Grealish and not also very much the other way around. 

22 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Is that whats been reported? That's a kick in the teeth if true. 

Yes it’s being strongly rumoured and some of the so called reliable City sources have said this.

I think this whole week has been arguing over the structure of the payment but if we haven’t got all of it up front (still waiting on confirmation) then we’ve given him up to city too soon.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Conversely, the narrative is Grealish will have to justify the transfer fee and all the hype and can he handle the pressure? This will all be new to him. 

Sadly I think he'll take all that in his stride.

I do think there is something in what @JAMAICAN-VILLAN said about him getting Billy Big Bollocks.   His feet may leave the ground, it's happened to plenty before him.  I think that's more of a danger than his ability no shining though.

• Like 1

Â