The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another thing is, we will finally be able to improve at OUR pace, none of the constant bricking it, and bending over by the club " Oh no, we've got to get Europe/Champions League this season or he is off ".

Young team, with constant, steady, sustainable improvement. Who will form a strong bond.

I might be kidding myself, but I agree, being held hostage by a star who is clearly the main man at the club is a circus we can do without for the next few years, and I'm hoping we have a few players excited about the chance to make their mark on the team and not play second fiddle to Grealish every game.

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

Exactly.

Normal employee leaves company in order to further his career in line with his ambitions. "Fair play to him for taking on that new challenge", "good luck, maybe we will work together again in the future"

Footballer does the same. "He's a snake, a rat..."

Football isn’t like real life though. It’s an inflated bubble - especially in the top tier. Most footballers in this country in the lower leagues earn far little in comparison. Grealish was in the 1% of earners already, now it will be 0.1%. The average footballer will not get the wages Grealish gets at Villa. So any comparison with real life is simply untrue. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

None of the three parties will comment before its official. They never do. 

Every single respected journalist is stating the same. Its crazy to believe they're all just guessing. 

Ok agree to disagree on the status of it!

Just now, Follyfoot said:

One of the greatest days in BCFC history 

we're not going to retire the shirt number

we're not going to talk about him like he's still our player (like they've said we would do)

we DO have another 100m to spend to further widen the gap between the two teams

if i was a nose i certainly wouldn't be jumping for joy today

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

You conveniently leave all the good things about moving to that new company out of your analogy 

What?

Moving to a company in shithole of a city filled with people who have ridiculous accents?

I fail to see what positive there are other than being able to say that you were part of the “Company of the year”

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Ideally. Let’s be honest though if tomorrow Chelsea came in for Watkins etc they are off. 

To be fair, none of those being " off " would hurt like Jack anyway.

Obviously love all our players, but it's just not the same.

6 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Same, but think it’s a generational thing, there’s no where near the loyalty these days.

Yeah I agree, I’m only 44 but the difference me and the younger generation on things like this seem to be massive the more topics we discuss.

Just now, tomav84 said:

we're not going to retire the shirt number

we're not going to talk about him like he's still our player (like they've said we would do)

we DO have another 100m to spend to further widen the gap between the two teams

if i was a nose i certainly wouldn't be jumping for joy today

Yes, and we wont have to spend every penny of the transfer fee, and more, just trying to stave off bankruptcy.

Â