The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Jeez this is getting nasty now. We’re all gutted and varying degrees of angry but I’m dreading the abuse he’s going to get on his social media and at VP. It’s going to sour every good memory we’ve had in the last few years. Why do it to ourselves?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Bollocks. If you were in his shoes you'd have left too. He's a professional footballer, has the chance to win the european cup, the league, treble his wages, work under one of the greatest managers of all time, etc. 

The begrudgery is laughable. Good luck to him he owes us nothing and will go down as one of the best players we've ever had. 

Exactly.

Normal employee leaves company in order to further his career in line with his ambitions. "Fair play to him for taking on that new challenge", "good luck, maybe we will work together again in the future"

Footballer does the same. "He's a snake, a rat..."

• Thanks 1

£100m… smashes the record for a British player. Not surprised the club have accepted, now time to reinvest and climb. I thought this would happen a year ago.

Bailey, Watkins, Buendia is still a top half forward line.

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Jeez this is getting nasty now. We’re all gutted and varying degrees of angry but I’m dreading the abuse he’s going to get on his social media and at VP. It’s going to sour every good memory we’ve had in the last few years. Why do it to ourselves?

I suspect he'll private is social accounts or something (if that's something you can do, not a big social media guy). He know he'll get a lot of stick and if he as any sense he'll wait till it all blows over. 

4 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

You’re right…

I can’t remember ever working for a company that I’ve loved and adored since I was a child… That my grandad used to work for…
Where people who like the company buy the company uniform with my name on the back and stand inside the company grounds on a weekly basis singing my name and cheering me on…

And then deciding that I wanted to stack shelves/serve tables/attend board meetings/change alternators for another company who I didn’t grow up loving and adoring (ultimately at the expense of the company that I do love and adore) for what is in the grand scheme of things a piffling pay rise, all so I could be a part of the new companies team to win the “Company of the year” award again

You conveniently leave all the good things about moving to that new company out of your analogy 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

A bit condescending mate.  City haven’t confirmed a bid, Villa haven’t confirmed they’ve received a bid, accepted a bid or rejected a bid and Jack has been training with the Villa since he returned from holiday.  Every day the reporters report something and when their last report is wrong they move the goalposts.  I’m not asking for much, just something a little more concrete before I would change my decision.  A photo of him in Manchester, a comment from any of the three parties just something more than journalists that keep getting it wrong.

None of the three parties will comment before its official. They never do. 

Every single respected journalist is stating the same. Its crazy to believe they're all just guessing. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

That reply is the bollox, well said that man.

Bwahahaha, finally the nail has been well and truly hit.  Found the articulation I've been searching for years 😂

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

100%. There is no bigger waste of time than putting negativity and hate out into the world. 

It's just a game.

He's a great player and fun to watch, that probably won't change, even if he leaves Villa.

I'll be happy for him if he does well and I'll get a kick out of it if he flops, but I hope he isn't abused, etc., it will make Villa supporters look really bad, IMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I hope anyone who has a subscription to The Athletic cancels it, they are **** clueless.

It's all being set up for "he wasn't actually all that good at Villa, but look how great Man City have made him"

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

Â