The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don't think he was particularly poor, just not up to the standard of a few games ago

Unlike other teams, Arsenal were very careful not to foul him, the times they were able to contain him they had boxed him in with two or three around him, so he was rendered ineffectual on many occasions.

Grealish relies in being to play off his teammates - today no-one of his teammates ran to make themselves available and he ended up surrounded by Arsenal players pretty much every time. He played poorly yes but was badly let down by Cleverly who was anonymous and Delph who kept giving the ball away.

• Like 2

Not enough movement from forward players off the ball. Kind of told the tale from early on. We were never going to win that. Too tired, too nervous, whatever, Arsenal are so superior, even if we did show up, it would have been a very difficult match.

Not enough movement from forward players off the ball. Kind of told the tale from early on. We were never going to win that. Too tired, too nervous, whatever, Arsenal are so superior, even if we did show up, it would have been a very difficult match.

Agreed . Defending  against AVFC is  very easy.  Double team or Triple team their  threats and Benteke and grealish were both eliminated as a factor that way.  Nobody else raised their game enough to pick up the  slack. Delphie and Cleverly tried but couldnt  match the Arse  defence &   N'Zogbia had nothing to offer today.

Grealish actually didn't play badly he just didn't get the  same   support from the other role players that he had  versus  Liverpool .

Of course it didnt  help that we played  pool at their  worst and Arsenal at their best.

Yes  , Arsenal  are superior and I can't  see that chaging in a long time can you ?

I was startled at how bad the rest of our midfield was today. At 3-0 when Arsenal were only half interested, Jack was still working hard - but the movement around him had stopped - literally. We were standing still, giving Grealish nothing when he had the ball but play a safe ball backwards.

It was like watching Lambert's version of "tiki taka" all over again.

Top international pro's against a potentially outstanding young player,no contest yesterday.However,he wasn't helped one little bit by an appallingly poor midfield display from Delph,Westwood and Cleverley.

I watch t.v. yesterday, i notice only one midfield is make work well it is westwood as he dont give ball away and winner ball in midfield, i think he is good better that Delph which he is give ball near every time even other player scream for ball especial grealish and westwood. Cleverly look like he is go missing.

and grealish is play worst first half, because no one support him and asrenal closed him and dont tackle him beside neck takedown in penalty. second half he fight back and cleverly look give up and delph kept ball lost, he dont change his games plan. kept take a players..

Grealish change his games but too late and other players dont response to him, should play GIL and GREALISH rather Nzogbia, as he make Grealish hard work and blame him make Nzogbia look good.  

it is will learn curve for grealish, he good at same level and bit above him, but not as man city and chelsea, asrenal unfortune.. lucky he is only 19 he will learn much .. he need learn how released shot right time.. he try occassion which is good but he kept play too safe.

Wasnt his best game by a mile but he kept showing for the ball.

If any positive at least he probably wont be hounded by the media now all summer over a transfer or his international allegiance

He was a bit lazy at times. Richardson would move past the half way line and he seemed to just stand there watching him. Then Richardson was in trouble with 2/3 Arsenal players closing him down.

He was bullied and given no support by his team mates.

The better a team he plays in, the better he'll be. The way he feeds others is his big strength.

Very young English (Irish?) hype style, I would build the side round him for the future. Get him in a role up the top of the pitch where he doesn't have to do any defending as it's pointless for him. He's no good at it and we need him going forward. Obviously to have him and Gil competing for that position would be great, but it looks like that isn't going to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm torn between what you've said, and that he's a highly paid professional athlete.

Don't really hear of younger foreign players doing things like this. Seems to be a British foible.

He could even be having a laugh and posing for that picture though.

• Like 1

Â