Jack Grealish

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

My big worry is we have inflated expectations of what that £100m buys us. It’s two Ben Whites. It’s not going to transform the club.

Got us a Watkins, Bailey and Buendia 😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jim said:

One I wholeheartedly agree with. Personally think we have had Citeh’s pants down.

In this Covid world - £100m is a lot more than it was a year ago

Lots of clubs on the continent are struggling - there are bargains to be had.

33 minutes ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

Well I don't frequent Bluemoon for a number of reasons, some already expanded on here.  I've been  a City fan since 1968 when I was 5 years old, not one of these bandwagon jumpers from the last 10 years.

..and I will post on other threads through the season, especially when we play each other, and I'll be the first City fan here to congratulate you if you win against us.

I have a mate who I work with who is a Villa fan (another ex-pat englishman) so discuss your team often.

I just wish you all the best for the season (except against us), hope its a good one for you guys.  

About as genuine as Grealish’s quote last season.

Been a hero for us for a long time but as soon as you leave you are one of them. I’ve no interest in the super nobs. I used to love the CL but it’s become more and more an irrelevance over the years. The only time I’ll see him play is against us.

Spend this money wisely 🙏 seen so many teams go backwards rather than forwards with this kind of cash. 

UTV really looking forward to the new season and a hopefully more rounded side. 

• Like 1

I hope when it's confirmed the club give it a one line statement.

Something along the lines of 'Jack Grealish has today left the club to join Manchester City'.

Nothing else, no fan fare, no video message, just 1 line.

• Like 1

Right - this is spoiling my holiday which ends on Friday so I’m leaving the phone in the safe for the day now.

Enjoyed the tongue and cheek comments from you all, it’s really made me chuckle.

As many have said, there’ll be an Aston Villa long after Grealish. 

Villa Forever. Enjoy your day everyone except the Man City fan who joined today. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, May-Z said:

So, if/when he leaves, who is he on a par with in terms of Villa status? Someone like Merson or Ashley Young? 

Did Benteke arguably have a similar impact?

I think Mellberg, Taylor, even Barry are a couple of legend rungs ahead.

Steady on, I knows he’s dumped on us but he’s left more of a legacy than Neil😂

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Silly. If Grealish was moving from Leeds or West Ham to City you wouldn't bat an eyelid and you'd probably say he has to go to win trophies. You've the emotional connection to the player because it's our club and it's clouding your judgement. Don't make it personal. Buendia bangs in a hatrick next week you'll forget fairly quick.

Normally I'd agree with you but the bloke bleeds claret and blue. This just hits different.

• Like 1

Just now, daggy_333 said:

I hope when it's confirmed the club give it a one line statement.

Something along the lines of 'Jack Grealish has today left the club to join Manchester City'.

Nothing else, no fan fare, no video message, just 1 line.

The good old non positive job reference

• Like 1

I don't understand why he would want to move,I live in Ireland and growing up it was my dream to play for villa, playing for villa for a local lad should be the top of the pyramid and the ultimate achievement, who cares about winners medals for some other club when you can look back on your career when you have legendary status at the club you love. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â