The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Interesting POV

One I wholeheartedly agree with. Personally think we have had Citeh’s pants down.

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Yes, i think Southgate, however frustrating he can be with his tactics at times, sees something deeply unpleasant about the character of Grealish. Its probably nothing personal, but Southgate seems like someone from yesteryear, who even if you disagreed with, or he disagreed with you, would stand firm in his stance and be civil. If he said something he probably would have stuck by it. Someone who is dependable etc....with Grealish, I am not sure he has that same confidence.

If we are honest with ourselves as well, Grealish should not really have been Villa Captain. it was more because of his boyhood connections with the club rather than his talent as a leader. Mings or Martinez would have been the better choice, Grealish sometimes got petulant with other players and snapped at them.

I'm probably being out of order in some respects but he has hurt all of us unfortunately and left us at the worst time. I won't boo him but I wont applaud either.

The interesting thing is Ibrahimovic said the Barca squad were all like schoolboys under Pep and I could see Southgate expecting a similar attitude. I really don't see Grealish being that person.

Just now, KentVillan said:

My big worry is we have inflated expectations of what that £100m buys us. It’s two Ben Whites. It’s not going to transform the club.

If we can develop the cloning technology to make this possible, our funds aren't going to be an impediment. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

My big worry is we have inflated expectations of what that £100m buys us. It’s two Ben Whites. It’s not going to transform the club.

ye but we arent stupid enough to buy two Ben Whites for 100m, so far we have bought Buendia & Bailey for circa 65m, i quite like our business so far.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

I hope Villa don't go overboard with the goodbye statement. He's left us a bit in the shit here after telling us how much he bought into the project less than a year ago.

Edited by JoshVilla
Typo
  • Like 1

I genuinely hope and pray he gets into the England squad regularly… becomes the poster boy the nation loves…

and then he **** it by missing the deciding penalty or gets sent off and the whole nation turns on him…

Either that or his shins shatter inexplicably while he is at the press conference after signing for that soulless bag of words removed that is supposed to be a football club 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

There's no need to spent it all at once. We already have a decent squad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chine said:

Either we break into the top 6 regularly or we get used to this losing our better players to the likes of these muppets , mid table security will make us a stepping stone ,the money invested well this could be our time , as for grealish good player but in all honesty wish you had gone sooner , week before the season starts ffs

But you can't because they just take our better players to push us back down again. If bailey has a good 2 seasons you know he's going for a start.

It almost makes you not want to be happy for signing a player as you know if he is good he will go at the first chance he gets.

What is the point? If we can't keep Grealish, with his supposed 'love' for villa we have literally no chance with anyone else do we?

• Like 2

That was a farce of a deal. I’d be pissed if we paid £50m for White.

We can spend more than that £100m with the way FFP works though. I'd expect us to demand cash in the bank upfront as we've been doing it ourselves to secure signings and if anyone can afford it City can.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

ye but we arent stupid enough to buy two Ben Whites for 100m, so far we have bought Buendia & Bailey for circa 65m, i quite like our business so far.

True and we are definitely smarter in the market than Arsenal. But I think those signings were in the pipeline for a while. Be surprised if we get same value now teams know we have £100m.

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

The interesting thing is Ibrahimovic said the Barca squad were all like schoolboys under Pep and I could see Southgate expecting a similar attitude. I really don't see Grealish being that person.

yes he seems like the class clown type who would disrupt the class and want to be the centre of attention.....not something hes going to be at city. Foden is their boy, he is the one the papers rave about and will be the centre of the club and probably for England in future tournaments. Think he might have boobed up with this one (more hope than think, but still)

I’m looking forward to Dean offering his thoughts on the transfer.  He’ll speak highly of Grealish of course, but will, I’m sure, place the transfer in it’s proper context - an opportunity to further strengthen the squad as we continue to pursue our ambition of a top six finish. He’ll acknowledge our disappointment, but recognise that no player is bigger than our great club - and it’ll resonate because he (Dean) is one of our own. As I said previously, onward and upwards. VTID.

• Like 2

Just now, KentVillan said:

True and we are definitely smarter in the market than Arsenal. But I think those signings were in the pipeline for a while. Be surprised if we get same value now teams know we have £100m.

True, fingers crossed tho ay......

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Got us a Watkins, Bailey and Buendia 😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jim said:

One I wholeheartedly agree with. Personally think we have had Citeh’s pants down.

In this Covid world - £100m is a lot more than it was a year ago

Lots of clubs on the continent are struggling - there are bargains to be had.

Â