The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Had plenty of mates in the poor game stakes but no secret we only really looked threatening when he started to drive the ball into the box.

Commentator kept saying how poor he was and he was poor but I don't know why he was being singled out, if anything I think he was the best of a bad lot other than Richardson. Things weren't working for him but at least he was trying to take men on, drive through and force things. I couldn't see anyone else trying to take any sort of responsibility at all. 

• Like 3

Hes 19, and too much pressure is put on him.Without Gil being in the squad/team, he is our only creative player, Arse had about 5.We need more positive players who are better in possession than today.Grealish was probably our best player the last 20 mins, and the fact that he was doesn't say a lot about the rest.

Though Sherwood should have taken him off, just to protect him a bit, as he was very poor today and the occasion obviously was to big for him, but who can blame him, 10 or so starts and 19 years old and was expected to win the game singlehandely today. 

he is for me the worst player on the pitch in first 45. he kept trying to take on every arsenal player losing the ball needlessly. i really did think the hype has gone to his head.

he has what played 6-7 games? god he has achieved nothing yet and today brought him back to reality he isnt that good ...yet. massive learning curve for him. he is shocking. but he is young. he did get no support from the more senior players like vlaar, westwood and cleverly. who ere all hopeless

Harsh to single him out. He was no worse than anyone else out there.

Our midfield as a whole today were a mile behind Arsenal. It's a team problem, not a Jack Grealish problem

He can't do it all on his own at this stage. He's still very young and inexperienced, you get peaks and troughs with them. Ross Barkley was amazing in 12/13 for Everton and hardly did a thing for them last season, Ronaldo was hit and miss his first two years at Man. United. Calumm McManaman got MOTM for Wigan in 2013 final and is now a West Brom reserve. Today will be a good lesson for him for the future as much as it hurts but he badly needs more quality either side of him than N'zogbia and Gabby.

''he is shocking''

WTF are you talking about?

That was meant to say he was shocking? He isnt above critism, he was crap like the rest of them. Sherwood did not protect at all today. Should have come off at half time

Edited by Demitri_C

he is for me the worst player on the pitch in first 45. he kept trying to take on every arsenal player losing the ball needlessly. i really did think the hype has gone to his head.

he has what played 6-7 games? god he has achieved nothing yet and today brought him back to reality he isnt that good ...yet. massive learning curve for him. he is shocking. but he is young. he did get no support from the more senior players like vlaar, westwood and cleverly. who ere all hopeless

On his debut I critized him for taking on players in his own half, and yes, he should have learnt by now.

But I want to see a youngster full of confidence, even if he makes mistakes. Nothing to do with hype, he was poor today but so were at least 7 others, still our best product for a long time.

Â