The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Watching England in the summer will be like watching him at City.

At Villa everyone gives him the ball whenever he wants it; it won't happen at City. He'll be one cog.

His flair will be coached out of him. He won’t be the show pony anymore. 

Let's be positive. I'm disappointed Jack appears to be off, and however much he's been indulged we as fans have been similarly indulged also. In three years we've gone from Steve Bruce middle of the championship to looking like being a top half of the premier league contender. Jack's a big reason why we got here, and certainly why we're still here.

I think the reason that it hurts so much is that Jack truly is a generational talent. We've not had one of those at Villa Park for a very, very long time. We might not see another for a good while. There'll be great players, but not like Jack.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

If he's gone, I look forward to him playing alongside 9 other outfield players that want the ball as much as him.

If he's gone, I hope he has a complete Reggie Blinker.

Let's not kid ourselves, he'll absolutely tear the league apart with City. Doesn't mean we can't challenge them though.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wouldn't wish it on him, but if he did have a season ending injury in his first game for them, I wouldn't be upset.

This is OTT.

I would love it if Jack flopped and never won anything with that plastic club - but not through season ending injury.

I don’t blame him at all for moving tbh. He is a million times more likely to win trophies there.

I will still boo the little shit when he comes back to VP. Just as I’m sure in a few seasons it will hurt a lot less and that I will enjoy watching him play again. He really is a joy to watch.

We’ll be a completely different team to watch. Let’s be honest, we’ve been dire every time we’ve been without Jack under Smith. We need to invest that £100m well (i.e. not £40m on Cantwell and/or JWP). Can’t take a step back now as we’ll never ever close the gap.

Some questions.

Why did we do this whole public training thing? To show grealish in a bad light?

Was there a release clause? I'm disappointed we didn't push for 120-130mill.

How do man city get away with spending 100mill on a player? Especially after pep said they can't sign such players

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

SSC reporting nearly done, might train with Villa today....yikes....if he is going just get him gone.

If it’s anywhere near as close as suggested, he should be nowhere near training with us. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

SSC reporting nearly done, might train with Villa today....yikes....if he is going just get him gone.

if it's nearly done, no way will he train with Villa today!  I'd call BS on that.

• Like 2

Let's not kid ourselves - he will be rotated, and I think he won't like it, but he will be a star player. He is a genius footballer, and while I'm very disappointed, he will be joining a team of players of similar ability. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

Well I don't frequent Bluemoon for a number of reasons, some already expanded on here.  I've been  a City fan since 1968 when I was 5 years old, not one of these bandwagon jumpers from the last 10 years.

..and I will post on other threads through the season, especially when we play each other, and I'll be the first City fan here to congratulate you if you win against us.

I have a mate who I work with who is a Villa fan (another ex-pat englishman) so discuss your team often.

I just wish you all the best for the season (except against us), hope its a good one for you guys.  

..and just to say I joined here because the Jack Grealish situation locked the two teams together in a transfer saga and I was interested in what Villa fans thought of him 

Â