The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Gutted if the reports are true. Feel pretty sick about it actually but won't slate him for wanting to compete at the highest level. It's the timing of it that's particularly painful though as we all wanted to watch him at Villa Park  again this season! 

He has his move, we have our money which I suspect will exceed 100m. Its a hell of a lot.

Let's not get petty and start insulting the guys talent or silly little digs about shins. Jack is a brilliant footballer and I hope he does the business for them...not against us, I wish him the worst against us! 

Let's instead spend our energy getting behind the players who are with us. 

Our club, our city. UTV.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's a fantastic player. I'm not sure there's any evidence to support him being a fantastic bloke, especially if his off the field antics are anything to go by.

I'll show him the respect he showed us. 

This is a thing City are ignoring, his antics will have a more high profile in Manchester and Pep wont put up with it. Balotelli was in the press weekly for less

32 minutes ago, eholm said:

I remember when Platt left and Big Ron went for Richardson, Parker and Mortimer to replace him in midfield. Underwhelmed wasn't even close!! Anyway.....shows how much I knew !!

Trust the club guys.

Oh I’ll happily be proved wrong 😜

UTV.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Visiting supporters are always welcome in VT, and for the most part they are respectful  and even insightful.

Cheers bud. Good luck to you too, you won’t need it! 😆 

Cheers

21 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Yes.

But from a business perspective, it gave them an asset to underpin their investment.

The fact is that they will now realise the value of that asset (in cash terms) and can now choose to invest it more broadly.

Best example - we just avoided relegation, and then sold David Platt. We reinvested well, and finished 2nd. It can be done.

Different era. It's like saying Nottingham Forest got promoted and won the league. It just doesn't work like that anymore unfortunately. Money is the sport now. 

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

When does it end?

Bailey, Buendia, Martinez, Konsa, watkins all outstanding players. Are we going to sell one off every summer?

Exactly, we need to use the cash to strengthen so we achieve Europe this year. otherwise come the summer next year they are all going to come knocking. This is a very dangerous time for the club, and one they need to make sure it goes the right way.

When was the last time City fans didn’t get what they wanted?

Well, apart from the Champions League.

Their smugness is pretty pathetic, although I imagine it’s mostly those who have only supported the club during the FM cheat code years.

I reckon this could be a real positive for us and In some ways push us on as team quicker than with Jack and the circus that surrounds him presently. We get a few decent players immediately, and we've got Chuk/Bidance coming into the squad now to both. Then next summer we can spend another £80m on a couple of quality players and the young lads like Barry and Kessler will be further along in their development, which supplements the squad further.

The big downer for me from this saga is I can't have a decent tug for week, got some serious RSI from refreshing this thread for the past few days. 

• Haha 1

whatever. its been the jack Grealish show for too long now for our club. Time to refocus on Aston Villa FC, let some of the other players get the attention and recognition they deserve, but as a team, as a whole.

Up The VIlla!!

• Like 2

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Well, if he leave, what a wasted opportunity to have a legacy that would live on forever, instead just another forgotten player in the Man City history books. 

May not be a forgotten player for them - he's a fantastic talent.

I thought he'd move into "Other Football" some time.  Really disappointed in him leaving at this point, though.  No wishing of harm toward him (obviously, why would anyone?) but I don't wish him well either.  I hope he massively regrets the move.

• Like 1

Â