The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

tbh, i hope he stays, ofc i do.

However, if he does go i will be forever grateful that he helped us back up to the Prem, helped keep us in the Prem and I will see him as a brilliant player who played for us, but i will never see him as a legend or hero status, he will just be another player who left at the first sniff from a plastic club.

Also, lets not fool ourselves, he didnt go last season because nobody actually bid for him, so this summer is literally the first genuine bid and decision he has had to make, and if he chooses to leave....on your bike son.

If he does choose to stay though, thats how he will cement his status, its really a big decision for him i think, and for how he is seen long term by the Villa faithful.

Most important thing is we spend that money very wisely and continue to grow the club, if he does go, i do honestly think we can be a better team without him if the 100m is spent wisely.

In closing, ofc we all want him to stay!, lets see what the day brings hey.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

He could have, but if he stays, will a single of the doom mongering posters apologise for claiming to boo him or hoping matty cash breaks his legs? I doubt it. 

He still has to play against Ben Mee......

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

They need him the least of any club in the league. That's what would drive you mad. I don't know what kind of plan they have for him and Foden.

And I don't want any youth player nobody had heard of in the deal.

They are going to play him as a number 8 instead of Gundogan. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

There are only two things that actually bother me about him going:

1) The quotes about my city, my club, my home last year.

2) Sam Lee taking the credit for "being right all along"...

And the £400 I pissed up the wall on him staying. 

Feeling all three of these too mate. Solidarity.

Hope someone checks Sam Lee's hard drive soon

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

There are only two things that actually bother me about him going:

1) The quotes about my city, my club, my home last year.

2) Sam Lee taking the credit for "being right all along"...

And the £400 I pissed up the wall on him staying

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886tz7rr5nnnx898m9oh4

British record £100m is not to be sniffed at. Good deal for us for a player who misses 9/10 games a season.

We will come out stronger as long as we invest well.

Edited by jim
  • Like 1

The worst part of it is again being dictated by a member of an anti-competitive cartel, to just pick a player they don’t really need for money they shouldn’t have been allowed to spend. If we accept this, how will we ever, ever compete with them? 

Premier League football just feel utterly pointless right now. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

They need him the least of any club in the league. That's what would drive you mad. I don't know what kind of plan they have for him and Foden.

And I don't want any youth player nobody had heard of in the deal.

He’s going to love being a rotating 8, having his style drilled out of him, unable to be the show pony and slowing the game down. All for extra money and the billion dollar petro-dollar nationstate sports washing empire. If he leaves everything was hollow in his words. 

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, i hope he stays, ofc i do.

However, if he does go i will be forever grateful that he helped us back up to the Prem, helped keep us in the Prem and I will see him as a brilliant player who played for us, but i will never see him as a legend or hero status, he will just be another player who left at the first sniff from a plastic club.

Also, lets not fool ourselves, he didnt go last season because nobody actually bid for him, so this summer is literally the first genuine bid and decision he has had to make, and if he chooses to leave....on your bike son.

If he does choose to stay though, thats how he will cement his status, its really a big decision for him i think, and for how he is seen long term by the Villa faithful.

Most important thing is we spend that money very wisely and continue to grow the club, if he does go, i do honestly think we can be a better team without him if the 100m is spent wisely.

In closing, ofc we all want him to stay!, lets see what the day brings hey.

He's not staying, he's gone.

Just now, jim said:

British record £100m is not to be sniffed at. Good deal for us who misses 9/10 games a season.

We will come out stronger as long as we invest well.

I know it's an English transfer record but I'd still say he is worth more than that.

To me he ranks amongst the top 5 best players in the world.

• Like 1

Â