The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I’m at the stage where this feels very much like the start of the Moneyball story.

yes losing our superstar is painful, but the possibilities that presents are exciting. Are we a better side with Jack Grealish, or better with all the signings we’ve made plus potentially JWP, Abraham and another left field signing?

Unemotionally, selling Grealish could be the best thing we ever do.

This. Hopefully the club can turn the situation into Man City giving us £100 million being the worst thing they could do. We take the hit, but smile and keep coming for them.

I'm sure Kane has been telling him staying at Spurs for all these years was a big mistake.

If I could go back in time i'd have left much sooner etc

Not to mention the Chelsea guys boasting about Champions League

I swear our players tend to leave once they establish themselves as regulars for England. Didn't that happen with Milner, Delph etc...

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

Just now, est1874 said:

On what basis? I would say they've been hoping to keep hold of him until as recently as yesterday, maybe even today.

I'm sure there is a contingency but their unwavering support is not promised. As another responder said, Lerner got disillusioned pretty quickly when he figured out how things work in England. Who knows what will happen, you or I certainly don't.

On the basis that they're clearly very sharp and will have planned for this thoroughly. We just pulled off a major coup with the Bailey signing, and have Buendia now too. They'll see us right, they have so far. 

Hate football sometimes. Just when you get something good going the big dogs come and strip it away. Contracts don't mean nothing when he's already off just one year into a new contract.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

If it is ‘booked in’ surely they know when it is… today or tomorrow shouldn’t be up for debate. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

They don't even **** need him, that's what hurts the most.

They need him the least of any club in the league. That's what would drive you mad. I don't know what kind of plan they have for him and Foden.

And I don't want any youth player nobody had heard of in the deal.

Â