The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

So it seems he's off today then. Was looking forward to a front 4 of him, Bailey, Buendia and Watkins, but if he's not committed to our exciting project at a team he says he 'loves' (don't think he knows what that word means) then f*** him. I only hope City are paying us all the £100m up front otherwise they are taking the p*ss - we shouldn't have to wait to receive all the payment if they are taking our best player.

He's been exceptional these last 2 years and arguably the most gifted player to come out of our Academy, but leaving to go to that team whose money comes from dubious state practices leaves a very sour taste indeed. I'd have preferred it if he'd gone to the red side of Manchester, at least they've always been a big club.

I'll be very intrigued when it's official to see not only the club's statement but also Grealish's. After those words last summer and leaving us in such a manner, there won't be much he can say to appease the Villa fans who can see right through this move (don't get me wrong, everyone's allowed an opinion, but those wishing him well and saying he needs to go now need to give their head a wobble). 

I don't care whether he's booed or not, but the best thing would be to not give him any acknowledgement when he comes back to VP and just treat him like any other opposition player. That would damage his huge ego more than anything imo. And yes I am bitter about all of this. 

He's been great to watch but this is not about him and never has been, it's about the club. We need to progress as a football club and look to get in the top half next season regardless of him leaving. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Oh for sure.

Just don't say a load of shite when signing a new huge contract.

Fans are mugs for believing that stuff though. Players leaving after pledging eternal loyalties, kissing badges, talking about 'projects'; it happens every year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

move this to other football  and time to drop a £60m offer on Maddison so we can get the Arsenal forums boiling again :) 

Maddison is getting shopped by Leicester because has terrible attitude and they want rid of him apparently

Disappointing that one of our own, one who has been at the club since such a young age hasn't even played a full season in the top flight at Villa Park. He's only just entering his prime as well. So so disappointing. Thought one day he'd be a legend, now he will just be another on the list of players who did well for us, but ultimately never achieved enough to spoken about amongst the greats. I thought he'd at least give us one more season but it seems this has been his intention for a few seasons now.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for those that believed all the marketing fluff. It was obvious he would go as soon as an acceptable bid came in.

First with Spurs he was ready to jump but Levy was too tight. Last season it was United, again no acceptable bid. 

As soon as an acceptable offer has come in he’s off. I’m amazed anyone is surprised by this move.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Not footballers.

Generally not, no. They're super competitive people after all. Doesn't make me feel any differently, though - if he goes, I couldn't give a shit what happens to him. 

12 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Maybe there will be some rare justice one day soon? They've wiped their arse with FFP and all the other regs, they wiped their arse with our game with this ESL bullshit. Maybe they will get hammered for it?
And we have to hand that tin pot nothing club our best player? That's not right. We can't let it happen.

Spot on, I highly doubt it but I hope karma kicks them in the balls in the form if a ban.

As for Jack - my city my club my home my arse!

He'll bask in the attention when they announce him. I hope he shows grace for the opportunity he was given at Villa and the investment we have put into him. He's a terrific talent and I hope he excels at Citeh for the sake of English football. 

However, this transfer illuminates the worst aspects of our football culture. Big clubs torpedoing competition, the illusion of FFP for established (rich) clubs, players using 'ambition' as a synonym for 'more money', the constant tripe being peddled by so-called media, and the hype machine over the carefully manicured images of managers like Pep. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I think they're way ahead of you, mate. 

On what basis? I would say they've been hoping to keep hold of him until as recently as yesterday, maybe even today.

I'm sure there is a contingency but their unwavering support is not promised. As another responder said, Lerner got disillusioned pretty quickly when he figured out how things work in England. Who knows what will happen, you or I certainly don't.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

His leaving statement should be interesting, if he makes one. Don't think it will get the reaction he wants.

Don't give  a sh*t mate. Fine  if he is off and believes City is the best move for him. I no longer have any interest in him now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

They don't even **** need him, that's what hurts the most.

This may actually be part of the draw for him. He clearly has problems with his legs which are likely to affect him for the rest of his career. Maybe playing fewer games will suit him.

If injuries are a concern, then I sympathise, and it's possible he's done us a favour by leaving before his price is affected by "injury prone" reputation.

If not, then yes he's snaked us a bit tbh. Don't big up your love for the club and the city, don't be Mr Aston Villa, and then force your way out at the first opportunity. Milner has our respect because he never pretended to be anything other than a solid pro.

Â