The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Jack could have ended the speculation weeks ago. 

He could have, but if he stays, will a single of the doom mongering posters apologise for claiming to boo him or hoping matty cash breaks his legs? I doubt it. 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

thats where i would disagree unfortunately 

league cup or FA cup aside i think there is more chance of Grealish winning the CL with city than there is him even ever getting to play in it for villa

we are absolutely **** miles off winning the league

League Cups and FA Cups are still trophies. And I genuinely believe we’re not too many pieces away from being top 4 material. 

That and a lifetime supply of cash should be plenty for any Villa fan to choose Villa. 

Edited by El Zen

If he does go hope he gets used to being on the bench and not in the match day squad with the pep roulette everygame, he pulled a face when he got subbed against Newcastle, bollocks to him sooner this gets sorted the better than leaving us a week before the start of the season to get some replacements in, 

• Like 1

He might have to clean up his personal life and off-the-pitch antics if he wants to succeed at the v top level. Perhaps it isn't about the colour of the shirt you wear or the competitions you play in, perhaps it's about being a professional. Will be interesting to see if magical Pep can clean him up. 

Mentally, his injury problems will force him to either confront his demons or sink further into the playboy lifestyle. 

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

We get to reshape the team so we're not relying on one person which derails our season if he's out injured.

I think this is key, his glass shins aren't going to get any less brittle, so it may well be best for us.

Hope it doesn't work out best for him and Man City mind you. Hope they go bust and he never wins a thing. 

• Like 2

Just now, darrenm said:

Me too :) 

He's still an incredible player and will now take the world by storm. If I wasn't a Villa fan I'd be really excited about seeing KDB, Foden and Grealish in the same team. They're going to destroy everyone.

We get to reshape the team so we're not relying on one person which derails our season if he's out injured.

Best wishes from me, I'd prefer to keep him but I honestly believe it'll work out best all round.

Eh?

How is it working out for the best if we're making Man City impossible to beat?

You do realize that if we ever want to win a sodding trophy ever again we'll more than likely be coming up against them?

What pisses me off is he's been baiting the fans for weeks with some of his comments.

Coming out with shit like my favourite player is Totti because he's a one club legend e.t.c.

He's then out the door what 9 - 10 days before the season starts.

Snake of the highest order.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

tbh right now im less interested in whether he stays or goes, and more interested that it needs to be closed out today if at all possible, if he is going we need time to wisely spend the money in time for the first PL match, if he is staying we also need to know so we can spend whats left of the transfer kitty and look forward/plan for the new season.

• Like 1

You'd have thought he'd have absolutely relished the chance at captaining this side this season with the team we're assembling. Disappointed isn't the word.

• Like 1

Just now, AXD said:

Que?

Delph said he'd stay a day or so before leaving (hence the snake name), Grealish did no such thing.

Jack is a villa boy, yes. Does that mean he does not have the right to have bigger ambitions? We can not offer him CL football now and have no guarantee for next season (we can hope for it though). Added to that, Grealish is a LOT better than Delph ever was, so he could actually go and do something in a team like that.

I want him to stay as much as anyone, but if the offer is correct, I wouldn't begrudge him the chance to play at a higher level. (Once we win the league we can buy him back to play CL for us) He got us back to the PL and kept us here in our first season. The man has done a lot for our club, I hope he will do more and get us into europe, but if he wants to go and the club gets a lot of money for him, good luck to him. 

Putting any player ahead of the club like this, for me, is madness. He didn't do any of those things single-handedly. Maybe him going will make you and others realise the value that other players and the manager/coaches bring.

So, it seems the overwhelming agreement now is that he's bound to leave. Oh well, at this point I'm going into Zen mode. Que Sera, Sera.

Peace, y'all.

Assuming he goes....

There were loads of people who booed when the Villa players took the knee in the last few games of the season. I will be shocked if he isn't loudly booed every time he plays against us too. Whilst I am appalled by booing the kneeling, I feel that Grealish will thoroughly deserve any booing he receives from Villa fans. I am intrigued about how he will react to it though.

He doesn't go with my blessing, I don't understand his decision on any level and I've never been keen on his private behaviour. The only reason I liked him was because he was a Villa player, the only reason I was proud of him was because he was a Villa academy product. If he's gone then he's just another overpaid party boy with stupid hair. I just hope we can do what the likes of Brentford and on a bigger scale Leicester, Leverkusen and Dortmund have all done and invest the big fee into improving the whole squad and actually having more success without him than we did with him!

Grumpy old man rant over!

• Like 2

Â