The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think the realisation is that he doesn’t ‘love the club so much’.

I think that's pretty obvious.

Says and does what he needs to say and do to the benefit of Jack Grealish and his pockets.

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

The last time we sold our best player the money wasn't well spent at all.

It's very hit and miss and even if we find a gem they will just get poached in the end anyway.

Football is dead.

Some of it was, bad eggs were signed 

We need to look at squeezing the most out of this deal: I hope we got them to plunk the £100m up front and then included a few add ons for the future. Will help us in our FFP (although heaven knows how Citeh fudge it so often) and will allow us to go out and blow other teams out the water.

Have to say, I have total confidence in our set up. There is no way our backroom team had not been planning for this scenario. 'If x team offers £100m for Jack, this is what we do: options a, b, c'. Time for us as fans to move on because that's what the club will do: as soon as that money is wired over, it will trigger the next phase. 

Thanks for the memories, Jack, but the project carries on. 

The closer to the season this drags on the worse a position it leaves us in and that's the main thing for me now. If he was so set on going I wish he'd have just done it as soon as possible rather than dragging this out, I do think we can more than bounce back from it but in the short term I'd have been a lot more confident had we a month or two to prepare for the season without it being a dark cloud hanging over us.

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

He’s off, medical is apparently booked for today.

Too big of an opportunity to turn down. I will be watching him in the Champions league to see his development.

He has given a lot to this club and there are no grudges on my side.

Same for me, dragged us up and to survival. Sour way to go but think people will still like him 

FFS people on here still love Milner and he left as soon as he could later in the season

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grobs said:

He obviously doesn’t care as much as we thought he did. Think loyalty in football is long gone from the players point of view 

I don’t think that, I think that he’s given up that the club would challenge soon. Towards the end of last seadon, you could see him losing interest. If we got to Europe last season he wouldn’t have done this. But I think his abcense and our performances helped him making this decesion.

don't think we should boo him  , he's carried us for a few years , been great to watch and he's clearly given a lot for us  ... a footballers career is relatively short and all out winning at the end of the day , even if people seem to be bitter about City and their money , by and large the richest clubs have always won things , signed the best players , that wont' ever change  .. we use the £100m and kick on by stealing the best talent from Arsenal instead of Brentford .

I'll probably watch City with slightly more interest than I have done previously (0%)   ,as although no longer one of our players , there is still that element of "we found him first"  and having championed him to my mates for years  , I want to see how far he can go , he's never going to be Ronaldo levels , but his ceiling is still going to be pretty high  

That said  I think we should all have "My club , My Home" banners to wave for him when he returns to VP 

I'll be curious to see how it pans out  .. the greatest manager in English football , thinks that Sterling , Grealish and Foden cant' play together in the same team  and yet Pep , who admittedly isn't a patch on Southgate and can only win things by spending a billion £'s , thinks that they can .

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mickjacobjr said:

Stop giving a snake a cop out that’s bullshit 

It’s not bullshit. Being a fan is different to being a fan that is a player. It’s their career and they may have held ambitions to win things long before they broke through to the first team.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Honestly sooooo fed up of Manchester City, Barry, Milner, Delph… and now Grealish, who they don’t even need!

God I hope electric vehicles become the global norm ASAP. 

Maybe there will be some rare justice one day soon? They've wiped their arse with FFP and all the other regs, they wiped their arse with our game with this ESL bullshit. Maybe they will get hammered for it?
And we have to hand that tin pot nothing club our best player? That's not right. We can't let it happen.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

and then football will change for the worse forever. 

This really happened about 30 years ago, it just took a lot of us far too long to realise.

Still good fun to be had in the lower leagues if you don't take it too seriously, but **** getting bent over by the Premier League for £40+ a ticket and £90 a shirt.

Just now, useless said:

The club haven't heled the situation with the whole training in public thing and allowing it to be filmed, got a lot of people's hopes up.

Think it was to show they tried, Grealish’s camp will try to spin this as the club wanted to cash in. They didn’t want to, this isn’t on Villa we’ve been tied down with one hand behind our backs all along. 
Grealish’s PR people plan to have him plain clothed watching us at a game down the line for good PR it’s false 

Â