The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I honestly think that his return to VP isn't going to be a happy one. Just judging by the general feeling amongst the fans at the moment, it's gotten worse the longer it's dragged on.

To see Villa finally making big steps forward, and now our captain and boyhood Villa fan chooses now as the time to jump ship to a soulless plastic club that will win trophies with or without him is a gut wrenching.

I do wonder how it's going to feel for someone who loves the club so much to potentially be boo'd at the ground that he pretty much grew up in...

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

Are we all flapping now over a speculative daily Mail article? Or is there something else I’ve missed?

That is the source of it, yes. Don’t think there’s anything you’ve missed.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I honestly can't decide who I'd despise most out of Delph and Grealish.

Delph was a liar, but he was never meant to be one of us. This feels every bit as much a betrayal.

I do wonder what type of reception he will get, think it will be mixed, if if scored then and celebrated then i think there would be boo's. Imagine him Doing a Rooney and kissing the badge in front of the fans... 

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Just a standard club until 2008 - then they spent a ton of money, pulled the carpet up from everyone else and tried to form a "Super League" to make even more money.

Can't imagine why people don't like them :D 

That said despite robbing our players previously I was always pretty apathetic towards them, I just didn't really count them.  Every trophy they rack up was just a big pile of meh to me.  

Now I would be over the moon if we beat them on the last day and handed the title to ManUre (who I absolutely despise).

Edited by Wainy316

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

1000000% worse. Delph wasn't a Villa boy through and through. Jack leaving now makes him a total snake for the most disgusting team in football. All the City fans laughing and baiting us for months and calling us shit club and fans. **** Judas leaving us on the up

Completely agree

Just now, mrchnry said:

Genuinely think we'll use the money wisely and replace the chances he creates and fill that gap when Grealish is injured and we fall apart. 

This whole thing has taught me that in today's game you can't get sentimental about a player, they're commodities there to do a job. They're not supporters. Onwards and upwards. 

The last time we sold our best player the money wasn't well spent at all.

It's very hit and miss and even if we find a gem they will just get poached in the end anyway.

Football is dead.

Just now, mrchnry said:

This whole thing has taught me that in today's game you can't get sentimental about a player, they're commodities there to do a job. They're not supporters. Onwards and upwards. 

You're bang on, and it makes it hard to give a toss. "Our short-term mercenaries beat your short-term mercenaries, so we really have the bragging rights". **** whoop 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Jack should be playing at the highest level. That is not Villa. That is reality.

From a purely footballing point of view, City have been the best match for him for at least 3 years. 

He's happy at Villa, he's comfortable, he's loved. But you need to move out of your comfort zone to achieve in this life. 

Stop giving a snake a cop out that’s bullshit 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoshVilla said:

I honestly think that his return to VP isn't going to be a happy one. Just judging by the general feeling amongst the fans at the moment, it's gotten worse the longer it's dragged on.

To see Villa finally making big steps forward, and now our captain and boyhood Villa fan chooses now as the time to jump ship to a soulless plastic club that will win trophies with or without him is a gut wrenching.

I do wonder how it's going to feel for someone who loves the club so much to potentially be boo'd at the ground that he pretty much grew up in...

I think the realisation is that he doesn’t ‘love the club so much’.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

We have two world class players.....  Watkins  on the books.

I'll have some of what you're smoking  :)

he's decent , he will get better ..but lets be honest he isn't world class

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Jack should be playing at the highest level. That is not Villa. That is reality.

From a purely footballing point of view, City have been the best match for him for at least 3 years. 

He's happy at Villa, he's comfortable, he's loved. But you need to move out of your comfort zone to achieve in this life. 

I’m sorry, but that is defeatist cap-in-hand loser talk. 

• Like 3

Not in denial or justifying it. I want him to stay badly, but it's not doom and gloom. But speaking to a few non villa friends who work in football.

-100 million pounds. Another couple of season of spending we would be in trouble with FFP. Gives us breathing room to heavily invest another few seasons. 

-He's missed 1/3 of games with what is an inherant issue which will only get worse. 

- As highlighted by last season we were too reliant on 1 player. If we are to grow as a club, we need a squad where anyone can be out and we perform affectively. 

Losing Grealish is a bump in the road, but we are heading in the right direction with these owners and set up 

• Like 2

Â