The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

This is a real killer.  Football is dead.  

No need for lovely goodbyes, he did brilliantly for us and was paid handsomely for it and given all more adulation than any Villa player has got since McGrath.  Now he's out, we move on and he loses all of that.  Time will tell if he regrets it.

• Like 2

Just now, gwi1890 said:

It’s crazy people saying it’s done and farewelling with him,  but everyone waited until Leon Bailey was actually signed before welcoming him to the club, we have no idea if a bid has even been accepted for Jack

We usually laugh at the Daily Mail but today loads think it’s the Oracle of all truth! 🙄

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

City fans on Bluemoon earlier were all surprised that Villa, Everton, Leeds fans etc are united in in disdain for their club.

Just a standard club until 2008 - then they spent a ton of money, pulled the carpet up from everyone else and tried to form a "Super League" to make even more money.

Can't imagine why people don't like them :D 

Edited by bobzy

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Is it really a shock?

He wanted to go every summer for the last 3 years.

He's a Villa fan but he's also clearly a bit of a knob.

i woke up with the same realisation and it's made me OK with it

he'll probably be the best player i'll ever see in a villa shirt. but if he doesn't care about being an icon and would rather win a few medals then whatevs, good luck to him.

see what happens when he commits his next misdemeanor. see how he's treated by that lot.

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

What's to be gained from telling those that love him and are desperate for him to stay that they are in denial. He's an amazing player and people are simply gutted that he might leave. Making them look stupid serves no purpose. 

We are all desperate for him to stay but denying absolutely everything that comes out as nonsense, regardless is the definition of denial. 

No intention to make anyone look stupid and I apologise if it has come across in that way, genuinely. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

City fans on Bluemoon earlier were all surprised that Villa, Everton, Leeds fans etc are united in in disdain for their club.

Staggers me that they can be this out of touch with how fans of the "lesser" teams feel about their club. 

If Jack and Kane go this summer for even close to their purported fees they will have spent £1.1billion on transfers since 2016. All whilst systematically breaking the rules, dragging out court proceedings and lording it over fans of any other club and hoovering up their top players. 

Imagine how they look to fans of Tiverton Town, its not even the same planet. 

Oh, and Pep Guardiola's a lying word removed too. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Ian Taylor posts 'calm before the storm' on his Instagram.

I'm not one for reading crap in to nothing, but today that feels like a hint from a man who does know.

He didn't stay for loyalty, he stayed until the offer was good enough for him personally. Now it is.

Would someone mind posting a screenshot for those of us who still think a gram is a unit of measurement?

Edited by Stephen_Evans
  • Haha 2

Genuinely think we'll use the money wisely and replace the chances he creates and fill that gap when Grealish is injured and we fall apart. 

This whole thing has taught me that in today's game you can't get sentimental about a player, they're commodities there to do a job. They're not supporters. Onwards and upwards. 

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Genuinely think we have been treated like crap by Jack and his agent. This move has been in the offing for months and they have manoeuvred all the pieces to suit them and it’s ended up destabilising the club he loves. I have no time for him.

100% this you know I’m not lying when I say they had this pre Xmas and United was similar last year 

If true, this one really does sting. Not only has our best player and local hero left our wonderful club while it's trajectory is it at it's most upward for a decade, but because Sky 6 have won again. Grudges and rivalry aside, I don't know how any club other than CIty could be pleased with this outcome.

Of course we'll move on and hopefully use these funds to improve the squad as a whole but the likes of Bailey and Buendia have some big shoes to fill. No one player is bigger than a club and we must prove that in the coming weeks. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

1000000% worse. Delph wasn't a Villa boy through and through. Jack leaving now makes him a total snake for the most disgusting team in football. All the City fans laughing and baiting us for months and calling us shit club and fans. **** Judas leaving us on the up

The days of players "doing a Le Tissier" are long gone.

As I said before, the timing is horrible given our current position but, let's face it, it's a massive move for him.  Footballers have short careers.  I couldn't give a shit about City fans laughing and baiting (honestly, who the **** cares about other fans and reads their forums?  It's bizarre) but if Grealish thinks he's going to be held in high regard after this move, he's very wrong.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Genuinely think we have been treated like crap by Jack and his agent. This move has been in the offing for months and they have manoeuvred all the pieces to suit them and it’s ended up destabilising the club he loves. I have no time for him.

His dad is a problem i think, Roy Keane i think called him out before 

Jack should be playing at the highest level. That is not Villa. That is reality.

From a purely footballing point of view, City have been the best match for him for at least 3 years. 

He's happy at Villa, he's comfortable, he's loved. But you need to move out of your comfort zone to achieve in this life. 

• Like 3

Â