The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, philthevillan said:

I think it’s happening and that means he will never get the chance to have his picture on my downstairs toilet wall. Merse and Gary Shaw won’t miss him. Enjoy your two years with Pep at Plastic FC before FFP brings it all crashing down. 

I’m genuinely gutted that another football fairytale turns out to be a fable. 

You're very deluded if you think FFP sanctions will ever touch Man City.

It's a shame he's chosen that club though, really.  I guess they're the only ones who can afford him.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

Just now, Lord Willard said:

Wonder how many people will think it's worse than when Delph left us? 

It's a bad day for football if he goes to City. It will represent everything that is wrong with football

If he did leave it would definitely be a lot worse than Delph leaving!

• Like 1

Just now, Mic09 said:

Is it possible those sources, i.e. daily mail heard SOMETHING is happening, and the most basic conclusion is that Jack is going?

Could it be that he is signing a new contract today?

Yeah but at which club ?

Just now, Lord Willard said:

It's a bad day for football if he goes to City. It will represent everything that is wrong with football

So, for me, it's not worse than Delph in that I don't think Grealish has really don't anything 'wrong' persay.

It's just a kick in the teeth because we're obviously a club on the up and he's a lifelong fan - so it's a horrible time for him to move, even if he's basically taking a once in a lifetime opportunity.

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Jackie my boy
Do you hear that noise?
That's 43,000 Villa boys
On the steps of the Holte
And on Trinity Road
They're singing your name
And you still want to go?

Remember your heroes
Like Barry and Delph
Who left for a trophy
To rust on a shelf
But now that they're finished
Who's singing their names?
Just the echoes down B6
At the end of the day

Well said 100% true and what he is doing is worse than them two 

Just now, nick76 said:

If he did leave it would definitely be a lot worse than Delph leaving!

impact on the team, of course 100%

man himself? not for me, delph is a word removed, took the money to go tick a box, whereas jack i seriously believe if he leaves (which im still not convinced) he has a genuine shot of becoming something that unfortunately he simply cant at villa because of what football is

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

It's not much worse imo.

This will be the beginning of the end for any ambitions of us being a top 6 club.

Instead of building something special and being a club legend he's give it up for what an extra 100k a week and possibly winning the prem while sat on the bench.

Edited by AshVilla

Just now, villa4europe said:

impact on the team, of course 100%

man himself? not for me, delph is a word removed, took the money to go tick a box, whereas jack i seriously believe if he leaves (which im still not convinced) he has a genuine shot of becoming something that unfortunately he simply cant at villa because of what football is

The man himself? No he’d be much worse given everything he has said, our growth, the project, his love for the Villa.  So much worse but I still don’t think he’s going!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

I think the My club, My home tagline will bite him on the backside. Yes he is in his prime and wants to win trophies, but it really does make you think he only said was invested in the project because there was no real interest last year. He wanted to leave when Spurs came in, but we got took over and the sale was pulled. He might be a fan but he will never be a Legend. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I need a lot more than the Daily Mail to believe it was happening

It’s crazy people saying it’s done and farewelling with him,  but everyone waited until Leon Bailey was actually signed before welcoming him to the club, we have no idea if a bid has even been accepted for Jack

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So, for me, it's not worse than Delph in that I don't think Grealish has really don't anything 'wrong' persay.

It's just a kick in the teeth because we're obviously a club on the up and he's a lifelong fan - so it's a horrible time for him to move, even if he's basically taking a once in a lifetime opportunity.

1000000% worse. Delph wasn't a Villa boy through and through. Jack leaving now makes him a total snake for the most disgusting team in football. All the City fans laughing and baiting us for months and calling us shit club and fans. **** Judas leaving us on the up

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 3

Â