The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

The big thing I don’t think people are grasping is that £100m is too low.

It sounds like a lot of money, but take transfer market inflation into account and look at what’s being chucked around at other players this summer.

Grealish is worth significantly more than £100m, especially to us. I’m sceptical City will meet our valuation.

Exactly if Kane is £150 million and can’t perform on the big stage, and Jack in his cameos dominated on the big stage, he is probably worth £200 million. 
:trollface:

I've supported this club for 5 decades and have only have the love I feel for Jack with 2 other players, BL and PM. Their Villa careers ended differently to how Jack's may do so this if it happens will hit me hard. I love the kid, they way he plays, that smile, the way he moves but most all those magical moments of brilliance we see and seeing his face when he runs to us and celebrates everything with US. 

Doubt you will ever read this Jack but please stay kid, you've helped us on this journey and you can take us all the way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You'd want as much for grealish as spurs want for a 3 time PL top scorer and England captain? You bunch of lunatics

england captain too which comes with a degree of marketing, thats what city are buying IMO profile for the club because they've bought success and had stable growth but now as per what perez and the juve guy said kids out there are following players so if they bought these 2 then man city would have englands top 3 marketable footballers (sterling has the huge puma deal), kane comes with a huge nike deal, lucazade, hugo boss and maybe i think nivea, Jack comes with an absolute **** ton of potential, i seriously think Grealish would sell more shirts globally than any other player in their squad next season if he moved

so in that regards i think the difference in value isn't £50m, grealish will over take Kane in terms of social media, sponsors etc in the next couple of years

as good as he is, is anyone really running the streets of the world pretending to be KDB? i dont see it personally, i dont think city have that superstar poster boy footballer, so they're going to buy one

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

He isn't leaving. If he was, he wouldn't be training with the first team, this is the most important clue we have. If he was negotiating a contract, and Smith knew he is off, he wouldn't be anywhere close the first team. 

He could still leave, but for me there is more evidence of him staying at this moment. 

So what is he supposed to do instead? Just stay at home?
It also doesn't look like he's training all that much, seems to be sat on his arse more whilst other players who have just come back to the squad such as Mings and Martinez seem to be training as normal. 
But I hope you're right dude! 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Let's just hope we progress and don't keep selling our best players, or else we ain't going knowhere.  

This is it, it's the thin red line time, no more do we sell our heroes. To continue moving forward we cannot let our best players go.

• Like 1

I admit it, I've cracked. Was doing well following the thread from Friday, feeling strong, but this morning I'm a broken man and just checked it wasn't in other football and clicked straight to the last page.

40 odd pages missed. I feel I've let not just myself, but everyone down.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

So what is he supposed to do instead? Just stay at home?
It also doesn't look like he's training all that much, seems to be sat on his arse more whilst other players who have just come back to the squad such as Mings and Martinez seem to be training as normal. 
But I hope you're right dude! 

to be honest we have a couple of videos and a few pictures from hours and hours of training.

How do we know Grealish hasn't worked as hard as others? Also, since he just came back from holiday, I guess his training might be a little different? Especially as he might still be carrying the shin problem?

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

He isn't leaving. If he was, he wouldn't be training with the first team, this is the most important clue we have. If he was negotiating a contract, and Smith knew he is off, he wouldn't be anywhere close the first team. 

He could still leave, but for me there is more evidence of him staying at this moment. 

I keep saying the same. If there was no hope of him staying he'd be on garden leave whilst the clubs sorted things out. Effectively he'd no longer be a Villa player, and not privy to our preseason preparations.

If he trains today, things are not yet done either way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

I keep saying the same. If there was no hope of him staying he'd be on garden leave whilst the clubs sorted things out. Effectively he'd no longer be a Villa player, and not privy to our preseason preparations.

If he trains today, things are not yet done either way.

Not true,  I think he would be doing exactly what he's doing just to keep fit.

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

See below

I don’t know his family, and my only gripe is the “Villa through and Through” myth we tell ourselves. if that’s the case why have they agitated for big money moves two years running? 
They maybe lovey people but to the best of my knowledge they’re working class from Solihull so they’ve been set for the life off the back of Jack and they love the taste of money more than they value loyalty to the Villa. 

also I’m telling you now outright there is a Clause and it was agreed would be secret, camp Grealish have told City about it, why do that if you love the Villa and he wants to stay? 

I'm really looking forward to the rest of this fairytale when it is all done and dusted and you can tell all......

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You'd want as much for grealish as spurs want for a 3 time PL top scorer and England captain? You bunch of lunatics

I think that’s unfair. Grealish is younger, arguably more important to his team, probably more marketable, certainly more entertaining to watch, and it’s not unreasonable to make a case for him being a more talented player. To the charge of lunacy, I plead ‘not guilty’ your honour. 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Not true,  I think he would be doing exactly what he's doing just to keep fit.

But why would he be with the rest of the squad, in a very public location? Doesn't add up... if he's decided to go, why isn't he in Manchester having that medical that the papers have said that he's booked into? I'm not saying he's going to stay but it just seems odd

• Like 1

Â