The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Feels like this is done now. Off you pop Jack, enjoy your medals with your new team of mercenaries. No one player is bigger than our club, although you had the chance to get close to that. Instead you’ll just be a footnote in our history. 

This will set us back a bit, but we are still heading in the right direction. We’ll keep investing and build a side that can challenge, and that’s something to look forward to. I won’t be wishing him well at city, I won’t care in the slightest how he’s getting on there. It’s all about Villa for me, being a Villa fan and all that. It’s what we live and breathe. 

1 minute ago, mickjacobjr said:

I can’t wait to see lads falling over themselves wishing him the best of luck when he walks out on the club he supporters I won’t be one of them hypocrites in my opinion he is worse than the last guy who went to City from us

I don’t see how people can be getting so bitter. Yes if he leaves it will be disappointing but what he’s done for us shouldn’t be underestimated, he literally pretty much single handedly dragged us up from the championship and then cemented us back in the premier league. Where would we actually be without him or if he left when we got relegated? What did Delph do? Help fight relegation for a little bit? Milner never really felt like he was with us for the long term. Barry was at the age he needed to leave. Give the guy a break he’s probably facing the hardest decision of his life. If you got offered a massive pay rise at work at th company you felt loyal too and had started at or the opportunity to work for another company that been producing better results for years and probably even more more money it would be a hard decision for you? It’s no different these people are still human 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think if Jack hasn't moved by Saturday then he probably signs a new deal and commits to playing for Villa for another season with a nice pay-rise. But I think it will get done before then. Man City have all the money in the world so will get it done one way or the other imo. Just got to hope they completely switch focus to Kane. 

I think we will have reached the acceptance stage by Saturday - even if it isn't officially done.

VT will be focused on incomings & the Sevilla game by then.

3 minutes ago, Hughes said:

The strange thing is that 100 mill for JG now all of sudden seems way below what we should get. 150 for Kane, 100 for Lukaku, I think 100 for JG will be a steal for City. Wait one year and they will have a Beckham-like global superstar To the Villa he is surely worth much, much more than 100 mill - we cannot replace him in my view and 100 mill only gets you two, maybe three really good players who may or may not work out at VP. If there ever was one irreplaceable player in any team sport anywhere, JG is it. 

Absolutely. I’d want as much for Grealish as Spurs want for Kane. At least. 

• Like 2

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

I think its just the way we are run. We don't say anything unless we really have to.

That’s the way it should be. I think the club is quite relaxed about it - unless something happens in the next few days to shift it. 

Hope it’s sealed today as he obviously (IMO) wants to go and we are happy with this scenario … Too much silence this week. He is one of the reasons for our success but also our failures. Team became too reliant on him. Sad if he goes but want this all to be done with 

Not entirely getting it - doesn't take three days to make a pitch at Jack to stay - he's here currently because there is no deal in place. Onus is on Citeh to meet the asking price and the deal structure demanded, anything less and Jack stays, he then blames Citeh for not putting their money where their mouth was. I wonder if we happen to know already how far Citeh can go financially, we seemed to know a lot about Arsenal's position lately. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hughes said:

The strange thing is that 100 mill for JG now all of sudden seems way below what we should get. 150 for Kane, 100 for Lukaku, I think 100 for JG will be a steal for City. Wait one year and they will have a Beckham-like global superstar To the Villa he is surely worth much, much more than 100 mill - we cannot replace him in my view and 100 mill only gets you two, maybe three really good players who may or may not work out at VP. If there ever was one irreplaceable player in any team sport anywhere, JG is it. 

Wouldn't wish injury on him but I guess it'll prove great value if his shins play up.

• Like 1

i think it safe to say he is going/staying/ signing a new contract/ attending training/ missing from training/ in julie B's basement with dale stephens/ also now wearing a turkey costume with john mcginn/ been seen drinking again with barkley/ walking his dog with his mrs in manachester. or something there abouts maybe/ maybe not to give you all some much needed clarity on the situation

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That’s the way it should be. I think the club is quite relaxed about it - unless something happens in the next few days to shift it. 

Absolutely. I think the club still hope he'll stay, otherwise they wouldn't let him near the training sessions, but I trust them to plan ahead whatever the outcome.

The big thing I don’t think people are grasping is that £100m is too low.

It sounds like a lot of money, but take transfer market inflation into account and look at what’s being chucked around at other players this summer.

Grealish is worth significantly more than £100m, especially to us. I’m sceptical City will meet our valuation.

• Like 4

Â