The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, hippo said:

City can rotate him - we can't. 

I do wonder if week in week out football is to much for him now.

I actually think taking the £100m is the safer bet.

He doesn't want to be rotated, Smith rested him for few minutes vs Newcastle and he wasn't happy

Imagine selling jack, getting 3 or 4 great players in and deano doing a Leicester and winning the league. would people rub it in jacks face or in some weird irony thank him for leaving and allowing us to create perfectly balanced and lethal team with the money

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

He doesn't want to be rotated, Smith rested him for few minutes vs Newcastle and he wasn't happy

I think he will be rotated at city.

At villa he was our best player - everything went through him. As such rotation would look a bit daft.

1 minute ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Imagine selling jack, getting 3 or 4 great players in and deano doing a Leicester and winning the league. would people rub it in jacks face or in some weird irony thank him for leaving and allowing us to create perfectly balanced and lethal team with the money

Imagine selling Jack, and ending up 11th.

It can both go ways, personally I would rather he stayed and we invested in the team as we have been doing over the last 2 years. 

Just now, Villarocker said:

I hope his doppelganger breaks his leg if he runs at him. I know one thing, I'd kick the daylights out of him if I was a Villa player and he left. Mind you, if do that no matter who I was playing against if I was wearing our shirt. 

I think a lot of people will have a very different view on how he wins fouls once it starts happening against us

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I think a lot of people will have a very different view on how he wins fouls once it starts happening against us

Yeah Comms will be saying how clever he is, as at the moment all we get is he goes down easy....

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Agree.  If he got to Kanes age in 2 years and wanted to move, he'd have 2 years on his contract and we'd definitely allow him to leave as his value would be maxed out then.  He'd still have 4 prime years to strut his stuff in The CL etc.  

You just feel like 2 years from now we'll be a transformed club though. 

We'll be a transformed club, for the better, whether Jadk is here or not.

8 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Yeah, I'm pretty much at this point now. Just get as much money out of the blood-sucking bastards as we can and spend it on players who do want to play for us. We need quality though because Jack is quality.

Hopefully, Villa will bring in 3 or 4 players more and we don't suffer too much interference by this whole saga. 

I have a sneaky feeling that the other players will be glad when he's gone. It must be crap working your asses off and only one player gets all the glory. 

Time to move on as a club and not be Jack Grealish's Aston Villa any longer. 

i think this too. emi and ollie are argubly as important but jack's already paid twice as much and we're looking at paying him even more. think the squad dynamic could improve as a result.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

When he plays against us, I can assure you they will 100% be fouls. Will be like his debut against City but worse. 

Every time in the past we have sold a key player in our squad we have actually got worse during our “modern” PL time and eventually ended up relegated.. Young, Milner etc. More chance of us being close to relegation than winning the league in all honesty our record without Grealish is a cause of concern too. Most of the selling was under Lerner though, doesn’t bode well but let’s see what NSWE can do. 

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

A £200k a week salary is massive. That's like £10m a year if my maths is correct.

The deal gives us £100m in the bank + £10m a year saving on salaries.

He's supposed to be on £140k a week atm I thought

23 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Last summer you spent weeks claiming Grealish was signing for Man Utd based on some shite about his dad announcing it at the Cheltenham Festival in front of 1000's of people, Which unsurprisingly was aload of bollocks.

Now you're back claiming this about him going to Man City because his family are driven by money.

Seriously, have a word with yourself.

To be fair to that Fair my In Boots fella, he may be on to something with what he said about money lats summer. 

Remember when Jack first broke onto the scene and Villa offered him a new deal? Just at that point I was in my local and we played the baggies. I was talking about him to a fella who wasn't particularly a Villa fan but knew Jack from when he was a baby. He was a family friend for a long time. He told me what Jack was being offered and the stalling part was that Jack's dad couldn't look after him anymore because of the amount of money involved and told him to get an agent. 

The same guy also told me that Jack would change allegiance from Ireland to England because he will get more exposure playing for England and will make more money that way. Then Jack went and declared himself available for England. 

If money is his real motivation, he clearly will go to Oil City. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

A £200k a week salary is massive. That's like £10m a year if my maths is correct.

The deal gives us £100m in the bank + £10m a year saving on salaries.

The Milwaukee Bucks have three players on about double that. I don't think NSWE are thinking about the saving on his salary, unless it was purely for FFP, which seems non-existent a the moment.

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Every time in the past we have sold a key player in our squad we have actually got worse during our “modern” PL time and eventually ended up relegated.. Young, Milner etc. More chance of us being close to relegation than winning the league in all honesty our record without Grealish is a cause of concern too. Most of the selling was under Lerner though, doesn’t bode well but let’s see what NSWE can do. 

Yes but those times we got worse there was a change of policy at the club. 

Hopefully this time - although this is a setback we keep doing what Weve been doing.

We have Martinez and Watkins one the books who are getting close to Grealish levels imo. 

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Last summer you spent weeks claiming Grealish was signing for Man Utd based on some shite about his dad announcing it at the Cheltenham Festival in front of 1000's of people, Which unsurprisingly was aload of bollocks.

Now you're back claiming this about him going to Man City because his family are driven by money.

Seriously, have a word with yourself.

Its amazing how much detail his dad went into at this festival as well isn't it? Explained how they were using the Man Utd interest to leverage a better deal (even though he really wanted to go) because Man Utd wouldn't match the asking price in the next transfer window 

Also explained that they love money more than anything else and that when Man City come in for him in a years time he'll be desperate for a move and agree to the transfer weeks before the deal is agreed despite another Villa offer being on the table.

Given all that being obviously true and in no way made up I'd say the fact that he didn't mention if Villa would agree to the payment structure of the deal happening in 18 months time is probably the most surprising thing here 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â