The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Been thinking about what the future holds for Grealish, if he keeps up this form (and especially if he chooses England) it wont be long before the top clubs come sniffing.  If he actually does turn into a 40m+ player, do you think he'd leave us?

By all accounts he's Villa through and through and perhaps he'd actually want to spend his whole career with us? I know I would as a fan. If I was earning 5m a year (100k per week) I dont think an extra 100k would sway it for me, because Villa is my club and it's sort of a dream come true.

What I do know is that clubs remember the home grown players that spend their whole careers with them, go ask Gerrard and Terry, they will be remembered in the history books.  We could be saying the same about Gareth Barry now for instance, but his name wont be found in our hall of fame.

So Jack, if you read this, and you're actually as good as we think you are.  Do you want make your grandpappy and parents proud and take your place next McGrath and co, or do you want to be a 'Gareth Barry' ?

Whooah...let's remember Gareth Barry gave us excellent service for 11 years, from making his debut in May 1998 to leaving in May 2009.

I'd be pretty content with him giving us a decade's service and then leaving when he's 28 or something.

Yeah... Excellent service for 11 years, no other teams were bothered with him for 10 of those; plays a blinder under O'Neill, gets into the England squad and suddenly the world and his brother wants to sign him...

And what did good old Barry do?

Yep, he jumped ship!

The big chinned Judas c*** can swing for all I care...

F*** Gareth Barry!

He cost us **** all, gave us 10 years stellar service and made us £12m.

Get over it, you small,small man.

McGrath is a legend for a few seasons but Barry isn't for 11 seasons? Time isn't always what makes you a legend it can be quality of your service, if Jack is going to necome capable of the higher levels of European football if he gave us 3 years of that we would be seeing some thing we haven't seen for a while and therefore memorable! Milner, young, Benteke, Mellberg, Carew, Laursen have all shown us levels we havnt been used to, does it make them legends? Jack May become a legend because of being genuine quality at at time when we Havant produced much it dosnt mean that others before him wernt good players. Gareth Barry on the other hand left yo win a title and if Jack eventually does the same i will not begrudge him for it!

McGrath played for us for 7 years, actually won silverware with us and didn't jump ship as soon as someone else was interested...

Like I said previously... It wasn't until Barrys' performances got him into the England squad that anyone even gave a toss about him as a footballer... Suddenly, 'Mr Dependable' wants to leave when we were doing well, regularly qualifying for Europe and narrowly missing out on the Champions League.

The reason Mellberg gets a pass is because he left for a team in a completely different country... A top team like Juventus... Purchased every fan a shirt for his final game...

He didn't leave us for a direct rival competing in the same league as us...

Horrible post. This is the type of stuff that we can say down the pub. Not the kind of stuff that a professional footballer, a representative of Aston Villa should be posting. 'Thank you spurs'? wtf?

What his should be posting is  'thank you lads for pulling your shit together in the last 2 months, and a promise to do everything that we will not have to experiance what we did today in a long long time'

Get your shit together Jack.

Is this a serious opinion? Or is my sarcasm-o'meter letting me down right now?

100% serious. But then again I have just come back from a horrible 12 hour shift and I wish to die. 

I just think it's not on.

Easy up there fella, there's nothing bad in what he posted.

I think most of us felt the same relief, we had a terrible game but Spurs did us a big favour.

Now, this is the reaction I expect every Villa player to give. Delph leads by example.

What I would have wished Jack said is that we will make sure that we beat Burnley so we dont need no favours of Spurs.

Would Tim say 'thanks for the favours Spurs' or would he say 'thanks for 2 months of hard work lads' ?

All I'm saying is every player should put their head down, apologise and make sure it doesnt happen in the future. Just show some humility to people who pay your wages. Edited by Mic09

Now, this is the reaction I expect every Villa player to give. Delph leads by example.

What I would have wished Jack said is that we will make sure that we beat Burnley so we dont need no favours of Spurs.

Would Tim say 'thanks for the favours Spurs' or would he say 'thanks for 2 months of hard work lads' ?

All I'm saying is every player should put their head down, apologise and make sure it doesnt happen in the future. Just show some humility to people who pay your wages.

This was also made on the official club channel by the club captain. It's not really a comparison.

Grealish never asked for Spurs to do us a favour that to me would've been bad but tweeting after towards doesn't mean anything especially as its exactly what every fan thought. He is a fan aswell as a player and most people moan about players being too removed from the fans. It seems there's no pleasing some people!!

• Like 1

A lot of people want to stop football players being emotional and human. They're not robots. Yeah he will get some stick over it, but none should be from Villa fans, I like the fact he's like that.

Â