The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We could get Grealish transfer sagas pretty much every summer until he retires, if he stays he will still be constantly linked away, and if he goes to Man City and things don't work out won't be long before he's being linked with a move back to us or people are asking for it to happen. Not that I'd expect him to fail at City, I think he'd a big success because of how good he is.

• Like 1

Pretty weird the way the media keeps mentioning Kane is staying because he is under such a long term contract and Spurs dont need to sell. Yet Jack's contract is longer , he signed it less than 12 months ago and he has given zero indication he wants to go anywhere, unlike Kane*. 

Weird.

*obviously Kane is the more valuable player but its a very weird double standard.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

If he really, genuinely meant any of what is quoted here then I've got to believe he will stay.

Same here… If he really is that much of a fan and loves the club so much… then I can’t see how he could even bear the thought of playing against us… it would be so awkward and painful for all concerned…. as a club, we are in the best state/condition in years and ever since Jack has been playing for us… we’re in such an exciting and promising stage of our journey or progression… why would any player that loves Villa, has Villa in his heart and has the opportunity to be the captain, the highest earner by far and now with the prospect of competing in Europe and possibly winning something such as a domestic cup, in the near or short term future, want to leave?

It’s all well and good discussing the perks and attraction of moving to a “super 6” club and playing under Pep “big spender” Guardiola…

But again, if you love the club so much, how can you have eyes for anyone/anywhere else? Especially when we are in such a great place and signing better and better players… everything about the club is positive and exciting… why leave?

At least play in front of a packed stadium, in front of your own fans singing your name in adoration again, before considering moving away…. Maybe Jack’s forgotten just what that experience was like?

From the club’s perspective… why sell? He’s priceless, he’s only going to get better and his value is only going to rise further… he has yet to appear in a World Cup too… there is no point.

That’s just how I feel and see it anyway… I don’t know what’s going to happen but I’ve been steadfast in remaining on the “Jack’s staying” side and seen no reason to budge yet… if a bid is accepted then we’ll see, but we’re not at that stage yet…

Who can actually, genuinely say that Jack would definitely want to go? It’s up to Jack to prove just how much he loves the club… no one else has much of a clue…

Hang tight, try to chill, see what happens…

Regardless, Aston Villa is going nowhere and for us, the only way is up…

Jack, if you love the club so much, come along and join the ride and continue the adventure together… things are looking good, so why not?

Stay and let’s achieve success together and you will attain a lasting legacy… which true Villa fan would not want that status, adoration and to become an iconic figure that is forever etched in our history?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I am not saying that CJ isn't legit, but:

the guy who wrote that article you linked to only has 200 followers on twitter and was one of the people who jumped in, along with the alleged "burner" accounts to defend CJ against the claims made by that Villa fan earlier.

on twitter, he is @Banned_Drew

Yeah well he's supposedly spoken to the guy so naturally he would defend him. This also just seems way too complicated to have this many burner accounts. It just funny what we all buy into though. I could just say as easily say the SurreyVillan guy just started his account, has like 80 followers and has tweeted to publications trying to gain traction on his own stories which all that lends towards him being a sightseer just trying to get attention. Not to mention he didn't actually show any proof to substantiate his claims those were burner accounts or him being "fake." At least CJ Golson has some legitimate tweets in regards to breaking news.

• Like 1

Just now, joshharris12 said:

Training on own says it all don’t it it’s done guys 

No, have you not seen he had an issue earlier with his feet.  Plus he’s at a different level of fitness to most of the squad whose been training in preseason for 3 weeks unlike him.  You trying to see things that aren’t there.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Training on own says it all don’t it it’s done guys 

He trained on his own with England some days as he was on a different fitness regime due to his stress injury issue. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No, have you not seen he had an issue earlier with his feet.  Plus he’s at a different level of fitness to most of the squad whose been training in preseason for 3 weeks unlike him.  You trying to see things that aren’t there.

I must admit, in other threads i havent always agreed with your opinion, but throughout this you have been a beacon of positivity. Fantastic work. I hope to god you're right.

• Thanks 1

I think a lot of people are saying a lot of things that are pretty out of order about a player who we know absolutely 0 about where there head is it. If I was in Jack's shoes I know what direction some of you would be pushing me in. How about we hold off and see what happens before the 'money grubbing snake' comments come out?

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Woah woah woah... What else are we supposed to fill these long, endless days with?

Not personally attacking the player whilst he's still at Villa. The fact is as much as we can dream about itn none of us have been in a situation even close this. I think the people saying he never loved The Villa and it's all been lies are the ones being a bit ridiculous is all. Maybe he is considering it, it's a pretty amazing offer for a footballer, I don't think any of us can categorically say we wouldn't have our head turned purely because we've never had the opportunity put in our heads. I'll be devestated if he goes (I marginally come down in the side that I think he will stay) but yeah, demonizing him for even thinking about it is a bit much for me.

(Also if I get quoted and don't reply I'm not ignoring anyone, I'm new and only have so many posts in a day)

2 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

Not personally attacking the player whilst he's still at Villa. The fact is as much as we can dream about itn none of us have been in a situation even close this. I think the people saying he never loved The Villa and it's all been lies are the ones being a bit ridiculous is all. Maybe he is considering it, it's a pretty amazing offer for a footballer, I don't think any of us can categorically say we wouldn't have our head turned purely because we've never had the opportunity put in our heads. I'll be devestated if he goes (I marginally come down in the side that I think he will stay) but yeah, demonizing him for even thinking about it is a bit much for me.

(Also if I get quoted and don't reply I'm not ignoring anyone, I'm new and only have so many posts in a day)

I don't see anyone saying he never loved the club. People are just saying, based on a lot of reporting that maybe he wasn't truthful when he made those statements last year regarding "My club," "My home" yada yada and saying how he fully bought into the project that the owners pitched to him. And they're frustrated that he would leave the club he claims to love right at arguably the most pivotal moment in breaking into the big boys club of the PL. Naturally people are going to feel hurt and lied to about that. That's what grievances you're seeing aired ITT.

Â