The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Well he’s got a thing for fish, which narrows it right down…

D489C527-A74E-43A3-B0B2-D0AC260DAEA2.jpeg

I actually spat my orange squash all over the dog 😂 Who is, in fact Jack’s dogs brother. True story. 

I continue to find it amazing that people come up with their own theories, but don’t see it through to its logical conclusion.

All these ITK’s seem to have theories that contradict each other and are far worse than any click bait the media regurgitates out.

Villa haven’t been acting like a club that knew Jack was ready to go at the end of last season, nor have they been acting like they knew a £100m bid was incoming and just waiting for the Euros to be finished or Jack to be back etc etc whatever narrative suits your ITK.

It’s frustrating considering the cone of silence the club has put around this issue, I just hope they are fighting to keep Jack, but I’d also be surprised if Jack didn’t know what he wanted to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adman said:

Isn't negotiating a release clause into your contract a way of asking to leave if it suits you without asking to leave though?

That sentence made sense in my head

Maybe his agent negotiated that bit. Wouldn't take much to convince Grealish that it's no big deal.

Just now, Adman said:

Isn't negotiating a release clause into your contract a way of asking to leave if it suits you without asking to leave though?

I think it's them saying that they agree to sell you in the future as long as an agreeable sensible figure is met by someone else rather than the club holding you back

Realistically at £100m there are maybe 5 clubs in world football who could have come in for him and its transpired since that 2 of them are completely broke, it's city utd or psg it's not like Southampton could come in for him it's the top table elite clubs 

This talk of 'if he wanted to stay he would have signed by now' doesn't really make sense, he might not want to stay but if he does that doesn't mean he should have signed his contract by now, you could claim that about any player before they sign a new deal, you could have said it about Grealish last summer before he signed his new contract then... You could also say that if he wanted to join City he would signed by now... Fact of the matter is in both scenarios there will be things to sort out and we will have to wait however long it takes.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, useless said:

Someone's posted pictured on twitter of presumably their child meeting Grealish, and Grealish is in his training gear and wearing football boots. Looking at the atmosphere it looks a little less gloomy than it did yesterday, and judging by the skies it looks as though the Civil twilight is just setting in, in other words I'd guess the photo was taken today.

With regards to this it seems there was a training session this afternoon but the public wasn't allowed to attend, I'm guessing after which is when the above mentioned photo was taken...

• Like 2

I think people’s moods are being driven by professional journos, but afaics it is *only* City-linked professional journos who are commenting on this story. That would obviously mean a lot of “Jack wants to leave”, “he’s done all he can for Villa” type quotes.

But reality is unless there really is a release clause there, Villa are probably in a position to block this, even if it disappoints Jack.

And for those saying, if he wants to leave we should let him - nah, let’s do it on our terms. Let’s bring in key players, get the team settled, we can sell him when *we’re* ready. He’s done a lot for Villa, of course he has, but he signed that contract last year and it puts us in the driving seat.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's them saying that they agree to sell you in the future as long as an agreeable sensible figure is met by someone else rather than the club holding you back

Exactly. It's so the player can facilitate a move if another club comes in for you, allowing an exit without kicking up a fuss and without losing a loyalty bonus. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Adman said:

Or to protect you from a Harry Kane situation 3 years down the line. A lot can change in 3 years.

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think people’s moods are being driven by professional journos, but afaics it is *only* City-linked professional journos who are commenting on this story. That would obviously mean a lot of “Jack wants to leave”, “he’s done all he can for Villa” type quotes.

But reality is unless there really is a release clause there, Villa are probably in a position to block this, even if it disappoints Jack.

And for those saying, if he wants to leave we should let him - nah, let’s do it on our terms. Let’s bring in key players, get the team settled, we can sell him when *we’re* ready. He’s done a lot for Villa, of course he has, but he signed that contract last year and it puts us in the driving seat.

The bizarre thing is, all these journos are ITK on how advanced the deal is etc, but nobody seems to know whether there's a release clause or not. 

Â