The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

I'm at the point now I'm caring less and less and if he leaves then it will be a little meh, the fact it's dragged on this long and listening/reading so many sides of the story...I kinda just want my club back and get back to good old incoming transfers, other Villa related news and looking forward to match days.

Amen 🙏 

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

do we think the longer this goes on the less likely it is Jack will stay?

Not now. If he was staying, he'd have signed a new deal by now IMO. I was confident yesterday morning... but nearly 2 full working days later and no news?

Its looking like its just the two clubs trying to iron out the specifics of the deal. Shame really. 

Just my thoughts... 

• Like 3

I'm okay with him moving on, I have no problem with it, I mean look at the players were bringing in, we'll be fine.

It's when I think of where he is going, that p**** me off. I mean, we have to watch him now in that sky blue kit, it sickens me, I hate them cheating oily scum bags with a passion, they don't even need our man!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Adman said:

I think there may be something in the Kane situation delaying matters.  

pretty much, I think City bid for Jack to smoke out Kane. They dont need Jack but need Kane but seemed to get nowhere with it. Fact is Kane threw a tantrum and Jack didnt. One is more welcome back than the other

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Absolutely. Winning trophies with Citeh is like winning a computer game in cheat mode. Hollow. 

I'll be disappointed in him if he leaves. It'll taint my view of him forever. 

I'm also annoyed that i'm so invested in it, when its a **** game and beyond my control! :lol: 

Absolutely this. If he leaves now (and it looks like he will), when we are finally, unequivocally, on an upwards trajectory, and pushing on to that next level, I’ll be pissed off.

I won’t boo or abuse him but on his return to Villa Park he’ll get the same level as attention from me as the likes of Ashley Westwood or Jordan Ayew, i.e. absolutely **** all.

But either way, the future is bright, and massively looking forward to the new season with or without him. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, useless said:

I doubt we will get any confirmation as to whether he's going or staying today, there will probably be another point where everyone is convinced again that he's leaving.

This pretty much came true, hopefully something happens to convince everyone he's staying again and this time that's what happens.

Also, hear me out, the fact it's dragged on, almost gives fans time to come to terms with it and to accept it. If the deal is announced tomorrow, it would be less of a shock than say it would have been on Saturday or Sunday when the bid was made public. Most people on here just want an answer now. Less of a backlash perhaps? Might be a way of the club to manage the mood of the fans. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Mate if I’ve got it wrong fine but I’m not an accountant I have a limited amount of knowledge but to me these 3000 firms don’t make sense they’re essentially limited companies for brands 

You might be on to something but there's so much information that it's hard to keep up.

Soz - just wanted to post that GIF!

Just now, The Moustache of Teale said:

Absolutely this. If he leaves now (and it looks like he will), when we are finally, unequivocally, on an upwards trajectory, and pushing on to that next level, I’ll be pissed off.

I won’t boo or abuse him but on his return to Villa Park he’ll get the same level as attention from me as the likes of Ashley Westwood or Jordan Ayew, i.e. absolutely **** all.

But either way, the future is bright, and massively looking forward to the new season with or without him. 

i'm leaning towards the acceptance stage (for the 2nd time) too

watford tickets sorted, all my mates have them too, first away day in god knows how long and it's gonna be a cracker, whether jack's in a villa shirt or not. even if he leaves i think the squad will be stronger. the objective hasn't changed and i think we're in for an exciting season either way

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Also, hear me out, the fact it's dragged on, almost gives fans time to come to terms with it and to accept it. If the deal is announced tomorrow, it would be less of a shock than say it would have been on Saturday or Sunday when the bid was made public. Most people on here just want an answer now. Less of a backlash perhaps? Might be a way of the club to manage the mood of the fans. 

This is where I’m at. Just tired if it all. We’ll be just fine and are in excellent hands with both the management and the owners.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not now. If he was staying, he'd have signed a new deal by now IMO. I was confident yesterday morning... but nearly 2 full working days later and no news?

Its looking like its just the two clubs trying to iron out the specifics of the deal. Shame really. 

Just my thoughts... 

Pretty much where I’m at too, I think he’s leaving.

I had got used to the idea, and comforted myself with the fact we’d have a huge chunk of money to spend on some really exciting players in exchange, but if we’re really going to spend it on Tammy and JWP then I’ll be extremely disappointed.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

If he wanted to stay, he would have signed by now, he doesn’t, the money isn’t an issue he is already earning more in a week than most do in years. He wants to go to Man City, they want him to sign, the fee is acceptable, the problem is how that fee is going to be paid to our club, if that can’t be sorted he may not go. However he was willing to accept his offer in the first place. Off you go Jack, you were brilliant for us but once you sign you are just an ex player that was better than most. Prove me wrong and sign.

• Like 2

Â