The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, dappadan said:

Just remember last time mate. He signed the deal quicker than it was out in front of him when it was clear nobody was coming in for him. 

I hope you are right but at the end of the day he is just another footballer. We should all be focusing on the rest of the players who are going to be here next season. 

I get ya. Thing is my certainty is based off the same uncertainty you have. We just look at the same situation from a different lens. That could be because you're closer to the action, anything.

You are 100% correct (a rarity in this thread), he is just a player. No one is bigger than the club. At best he stays, at worst he leaves amicably. There's a cohort of us who're 30+ (no upper limit) who'll just always be disgusted by new money.

Man City, they're just like pikeys who won the lotto.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

• Like 3

If he is desperate to prove himself on the big stage then fair enough. We move on. 

Why Man  City though? 

He'd be playing against villa twice every season. 

Respect him a lot more if he went to PSG or something 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I didn't think I'd hold it against Grealish for leaving us, but if I'm honest I think I will a bit.

I will as well. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

image.png.423845f6710e36dc682abb1dee2566e5.png

this was an example as full accounts, the funds are goodwill if you look at this.

This is all my own sleuthing and public information, if you look at the account the goodwill assets get amortised off

so as I understand it, these companies are set up brought for a sizeable sum of money buy shareholders (Stella)  and the cost is amortised down paying a small amount of tax and making the company worthless at the end, but where does that money go?.

If you look at Cowan there's 3000 companies like this, why have they set up 3 with jack and his dad? 

StellaR

Please.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

image.png.423845f6710e36dc682abb1dee2566e5.png

this was an example as full accounts, the funds are goodwill if you look at this.

This is all my own sleuthing and public information, if you look at the account the goodwill assets get amortised off

so as I understand it, these companies are set up brought for a sizeable sum of money buy shareholders (Stella)  and the cost is amortised down paying a small amount of tax and making the company worthless at the end, but where does that money go?.

If you look at Cowan there's 3000 companies like this, why have they set up 3 with jack and his dad? 

Looks like a loophole to give back handers to family and friends.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

do we think the longer this goes on the less likely it is Jack will stay?

If jack wanted to stay, he just needs to say so and sign the contract right?

I got my money on what Fab said. The longer this goes the better for staying. 

Yeah, he's gone.  Meh, we move on.  

As much as i don't want to see JG leave, it could be a really good thing for the club.  100MM isn't nothing, and if our recruitment is good we can spin that into 3-4 high quality players then it's a real opportunity to push on and challenge for top 4-6.  I'm curious how much of that we have to spend and how much of it the owners consider already spent.  

2 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

I get ya. Thing is my certainty is based off the same uncertainty you have. We just look at the same situation from a different lens. That could be because you're closer to the action, anything.

You are 100% correct (a rarity in this thread), he is just a player. No one is bigger than the club. At best he stays, at worst he leaves amicably. There's a cohort of us who're 30+ (no upper limit) who'll just always be disgusted by new money.

Man City, they're just like pikeys who won the lotto.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

I want nothing more than for it to play out and he stays. Mainly as I have a young lad who I am desperate to see Jack play for Villa. 

I am in that cohort aswell and many of us have watched Jack for many years and done nothing but praise and back him to all and sundry as required. Now he has a taste of the big time it feels like he is going to bail and I guess that hurts a little which is where the emotional reactions come in. He won't get that backing from the City fans.

I have no idea but I feel disappointed he hasn't just said **** it lads I am in, thanks for everything over the years and **** off City 😁

To me it's obvious City can't get both Jack and Kane this summer, with Jack being the second choice.  Hence he is in limbo as a deal for Kane isn't going to be sorted out either way for a while yet.  Levy will wait as long as possible to get every penny he can even if it means screwing up Nuno's preparations for the season.  It's a three-way game of brinkmanship at the mo.

I'm at the point now I'm caring less and less and if he leaves then it will be a little meh, the fact it's dragged on this long and listening/reading so many sides of the story...I kinda just want my club back and get back to good old incoming transfers, other Villa related news and looking forward to match days.

• Like 2

I was going to write something really long but I deleted it. 
If he wants to leave then fine. I’m actually finally ok with it. We are in good hands and we’ll get some excellent replacements. Top six next season with or without him.

Edited by bose
  • Like 3

Â