The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If (always if with this story it seems) Grealish has been thinking things over, then in football terms I feel like I would if my wife had spent a week weighing up whether or not to leave me.  I would be hurt even if she stayed. 

There is a little bit of magic that will have died here whatever the outcome.  The Grealish who ran towards the Trinity after scoring the header against Blues will have gone even if he stays, so to speak.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Notice how yesterday when mood in general was more positive that he might stay, Collymore and Andy Gray's son weren't talking about him leaving or bids having been accepted, they're basically just following the general mood and predicting what will happen based on that.

Are you telling their sources are vibes?

When you’ve got “reliable” journalists like Romano still hedging their bets with comments like “he’s going to Man City or staying at Villa”, it’s pretty clear no one other than those in the inner circle know what’s going on.

For me, anyone else is just trying to capitalise on the media frenzy around the situation. All you have to do is mention Jack’s name on Twitter and you’re guaranteed a couple of thousand likes and 100 comments so I’d pay them no mind.

As much as I hate it, we’ve just got to sit this out and see what happens.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JPAngel said:

When you’ve got “reliable” journalists like Romano still hedging their bets with comments like “he’s going to Man City or staying at Villa”, it’s pretty clear no one other than those in the inner circle know what’s going on.

For me, anyone else is just trying to capitalise on the media frenzy around the situation. All you have to do is mention Jack’s name on Twitter and you’re guaranteed a couple of thousand likes and 100 comments so I’d pay them no mind.

As much as I hate it, we’ve just got to sit this out and see what happens.

Spot on. No one outside of the “inner circle” really knows what is going on yet we have over 3000 pages of smoke, mirrors and guesswork. Shows the level of our interest in and concern for our club.

I remember Jamie Gray talking a lot about takeovers in the days of Randy Lerner, none of it came true. It's easy now to claim to have some information that Grealish is leaving, because it seems that there's a very good chance that that will happen, and if it doesn't you can just claim that there was a last minute change of mind or something.

• Like 3

Just now, useless said:

I remember Jamie Gray talking a lot about takeovers in the days of Randy Lerner, none of it came true. It's easy now to claim to have some information that Grealish is leaving, because it seems that there's a very good chance that that will happen, and if it doesn't you can just claim that there was a last minute change of mind or something.

This is true. I couldn’t care less what these so called ITK’s, ex players and Journalists have to say. I think there is a good chance of him leaving because of how the club have behaved since he returned. Commercially it’s always been about Super Jack. This time he’s hardly been mentioned.

I think the club is being as professional as it can be be whilst negotiations are continuing. It’s the fans that are going nuts about it all. 

If there is a release clause (as Sam Lee claims?) and Grealish have not changed his opinion of joining City (as Sam Lee claims) - what is holding up the transfer?

Both can't be true, right?

Edited by Muriel

Omar had a theory about the background workings. He's worked on transfers in the past do a few asked him to share his thoughts. He speculated a bit about his own theories about the background of the deal and is just chatting to people about it.

There's nothing in it in terms of ITK (other than he said he heard in May that Jack wasn't happy about being involved in the Kit launch media as his future may be uncertain). 

Other than that it's very clearly just his opinions, speculations and theories. He's like any of us in that he has them but isn't claiming it to have been what actually happened.

• Like 3

image.thumb.png.770050459cbe6fa127eeb48842223285.png

David Manasseh is no 2 at Stella

image.thumb.png.c73a7efebd731e17032e4f64b830db4c.png

image.png

Coincidence these addresses and this Graham Cowan bloke starting all these companies for Stella and then resigning. Strange how the accounts for superflow look like £100k in as goodwill them £90k amortised off .  I wonder how that works? 

Edited by Fairy In Boots

I think my biggest frustration with this will be if we find out that Grealish is leaving over the next couple of days and we’re still miles away from improving the team with the £100m we are getting for him. Maybe it’s just me but I often feel like it takes us ages to go through the whole process of signing players.

Either way this needs to be sorted sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

I check in on this thread a couple of times a day and the only conclusion I can safely draw is no one knows anything.

As I am typing this I have 21+ unread replies and increasing as. Based on no ITK whatsoever I think he will be gone and to be honest if I was him I would go too. We can all get dewy eyed about the fact he supports Villa but every footballer has a short career and wants to win trophies and Jack is no different. Whatever plans our owners have, have to be compared to where City are today which is miles ahead of us, much as I grit my teeth writing that, as for me they represent every single thing wrong with football.

The various ITKs on social media know jack sh*t about what's going on (no pun intended!) as do various VT posters who say they have a source but can't tell us who that is. Sorry if that offends but that's my view.

The real debate should be how we spend the money we get for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Omar had a theory about the background workings. He's worked on transfers in the past do a few asked him to share his thoughts. He speculated a bit about his own theories about the background of the deal and is just chatting to people about it.

There's nothing in it in terms of ITK (other than he said he heard in May that Jack wasn't happy about being involved in the Kit launch media as his future may be uncertain). 

Other than that it's very clearly just his opinions, speculations and theories. He's like any of us in that he has them but isn't claiming it to have been what actually happened.

So Omar is speculating just like many of us. So no reason for special treatment. All I want are the facts, where known, and the honesty to admit we know very little  really.

• Like 1

Â