The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

No doubt someone will instantly say he knows nothing, but Jamie Gray (Andy's son), seems certain he is off. Has implied on Twitter he has heard it, not just his opinion. Delay has apparently been down to our owners trying everything to persuade him. By his estimation it hasn't worked.

Just now, Davkaus said:

It could quite simply be in Jack's hands to make his mind up. It's all speculation. 

Which is why the club has been silent. Not wanting to put undue stress on Jack during what has to be a very stressful time. 

Just imagine if Villa announced we had accepted the bid and the decision now hinged on Jack. The social media hysteria would be absolutely insane. I think the club are handling this the best they can. 

Their is so little information the social media trolls don't know who to abuse so everyone is just sitting around puzzled. 

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

Jack's staying , we are using the suspense to build the media frenzy and will announce  his new deal before the first game.  We are going for it .

Man City aren't that untouchable.  They beat us with a shit offside decision  last season.

It doesn't matter what Man City win,  its all plastic trophies and a rich Arabs dream , Jack will help make villa a real force in the PL and Europe. He's brought into the dream . UTV 

Here he is. The little tinker again! I believe every word  

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148865astmunayus83sk2mf

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

Jack's staying , we are using the suspense to build the media frenzy and will announce  his new deal before the first game.  We are going for it .

Man City aren't that untouchable.  They beat us with a shit offside decision  last season.

It doesn't matter what Man City win,  its all plastic trophies and a rich Arabs dream , Jack will help make villa a real force in the PL and Europe. He's brought into the dream . UTV 

Has a club ever done this?

And why would city allow us to make them look foolish? If we or Jack had rejected them, that story would be out there. 

15 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

This is a repeat post. Only new part is the revised time and date at the bottom. I don’t think Romano knows as much as he claims.

He knows whatever Bennett is feeding him. Translation: “you can get him Citeh, but you need to pay up and close the deal now, or else”. 

I’m 60/40 in favour of him going now. Reset, and blow the back doors off the transfer market. 

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

, I now can't understand why a Villa fan would want to leave us, when we are improving so much.

And I think that is the dilemma. Man City probably has the best squad in Europe right now and playing in that team would be unreal for any footballer - medals are guaranteed. Off the field the money through wages and sponsorship would be much higher than playing for Villa.

But... This is a one in a generation chance to be part of something genuinely exciting here. Moving clubs would be like missing your children grow up, as you only get one chance to be a part of it. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Am sure he believes he can be starting for city,  for me those players who win a champions league medal after making two subs appearances in group games are kidding themselves if they think theyve earned it.

glorified lottery ticket medal.

Just now, hippo said:

I been watching villa since the 1970s. In terms of ability Grealish is the best I've seen. 

That's the thing as well, his ability is top levels and if he stays fit and improves even more he could go on to be on of the in the world. Especially after the 2 biggies head off in to the sunset.

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We can't just tell Citeh 100% upfront.  Transfers don't work like that. If we did that we might end up with a really pissed off Jack Grealish who will feel that we've obstructed his move. 

If we offer them "reasonable" payment terms which they won't agree then Jack has to accept we've tried to accommodate it but they are the bad guys here. 

Why not? They can afford it. 

Newcastle paid £15m for Shearer upfront to Blackburn - that was the clause that allowed him to leave (well. it was gentlemen's agreement between Shearer and the late Jack Walker) 

Put it like this, if he didn't want the move this transfer BS would be dead and buried. 

Now it's a question of what could be holding up the move. Is it the club trying to negotiate a better fee or Jack suddenly getting cold feet. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Fact of the matter is, if Jack goes and we replace him with say Jonathan David and he scored more than 10 goals in the season and the likes of Bailey and Buendia chip in with 10+ because we are no longer a one man band, would we miss Jack? He doesn't score lots of goals so if he goes and replace him with goals he'll hardly be missed, right? 

It's the other shit he brings. Unprecedented swagger with a claret and blue childhood? I like that in my Villa team and captain jack sounds good.

Jonathan David would need to change his name to Jonas Davidoff or something like that for me to get onboard as a replacement and claim to have been a Villa Fan since his parents moved out of Aston when he was a week old. 

For what it's worth I think both Emi and Leon will get between 0 - 20 goals each this season. Ollie between 10 - 30. 

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

You can twist that round and say Jack can't just expect us to make it easy for him to leave 11 months after he signed a five year deal saying he believed in the project. 11 months in which the club kept its side of the bargain and made some big strides and progressed and has again backed up its huge ambitions by once again investing. 

If he wants out and the hold in him leaving is us playing hard ball then ****** fantastic. 

But (apparently) he wants to leave. If we make a gentleman's agreement or whatever that we'll accept £100m you've got to make the terms realistic.  If not your not meeting the spirit of the agreement. 

Then you get to where Jack goes on strike like Kane (unlikely) or plays next season with his heart not really in it pissed off at the club. 

Neither scenario plays out well for us.

If we thought £100m was adequate then we need to get on with cashing it as best we can.   No one is ever ever going to pay £100m up front. 

I'm responding to those who say that's what we should do.  I'm pretty certain it's not what we've asked for, just explaining why it would be a silly thing to do. 

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

You can twist that round and say Jack can't just expect us to make it easy for him to leave 11 months after he signed a five year deal saying he believed in the project. 11 months in which the club kept its side of the bargain and made some big strides and progressed and has again backed up its huge ambitions by once again investing. 

If he wants out and the hold up in him leaving is us playing hard ball then ****** fantastic. 

@sidcow^what he said

Club have every right to get the payment structured how they feel. He has a 4 years left of a contract. In the end I don't think it will matter. I think the club are doing the right thing. Guy has gone.

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We've not won a trophy in 25 years. I'm sure one thing playing on his mind is it's far from a sure thing we'll have even an inkling of real success, compared to being allowed to just buy at least 1-2 trophies a year for the length of his contract.

We've had some bloody good players over the years who've won **** all with us.

I don't think any of them were better than Jack though. Even now I think he's the best ever. My Villa history isn't too deep, but I'd be surprised if there were any players better than Jack.

Â