The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

38 minutes ago, Chindie said:

My suspicions

Citeh have bid but the structure doesn't meet our requirements - either they don't meet the valuation we've set or the way it's being met isn't to our liking.

Grealish has our contract offer and is fully aware of what Citeh will offer. There's probably not much in them. I suspect we've sweetened the deal following the bid.

All things being considered Jack wants to go but he's not so completely set on it to burn his bridges. He's in a pretty good position -either he moves to win some bought trophies and gets to be an even richer man, or he can stay here and be a very rich man where he's already a bit of a legend and in a year we'll do all this again. He can't really lose.

The other option may well be that we've accepted he's off but the stalling is to get our ducks in a row before every transfer becomes 20% more expensive.

Either way I lean towards him not being here in a months time.

My suspicions

City tried to get Kane, as they obviously need a striker. Spurs refused to sell, so they went to their 2nd target, Grealish.

They put in a first bid, that we turned down. An agreement could possibly have been reached after negotiations. City talk with Jack's agent about which contract they will offer, should they reach an agreement. 

On Monday Kane goes AWOL from Spurs training. City doesn't follow up on Jack until Kane's situation is resolved. Leaving Villa and Jack in some sort of limbo.

Villa are then bracing themselves for a second bid, which may not come should City go all in for Kane instead. Jack know he has a decision to make if City come back with that 2nd offer and an agreement can be reached.

Jack can't really say one thing or the other, as currently he is a Villa player. He has no firm contract offer from City and Villa haven't reached an agreement. They don't even have a offer on the table and unsure if City will follow up.

As this situation also need to be resolved, Jack will sign a contract later this week unless City come back with an improved offer. If he doesn't and City don't sign Kane, Jack will cleary be their number 2 option. He don't want to go there as a 2nd choice and would prefer to stay under those circumstances.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Silent_Bob said:

My suspicions

City tried to get Kane, as they obviously need a striker. Spurs refused to sell, so they went to their 2nd target, Grealish.

They put in a first bid, that we turned down. An agreement could possibly have been reached after negotiations. City talk with Jack's agent about which contract they will offer, should they reach an agreement. 

On Monday Kane goes AWOL from Spurs training. City doesn't follow up on Jack until Kane's situation is resolved. Leaving Villa and Jack in some sort of limbo.

Villa are then bracing themselves for a second bid, which may not come should City go all in for Kane instead. Jack know he has a decision to make if City come back with that 2nd offer and an agreement can be reached.

Jack can't really say one thing or the other, as currently he is a Villa player. He has no firm contract offer from City and Villa haven't reached an agreement. They don't even have a offer on the table and unsure if City will follow up.

As this situation also need to be resolved, Jack will sign a contract later this week unless City come back with an improved offer. If he doesn't and City don't sign Kane, Jack will cleary be their number 2 option. He don't want to go there as a 2nd choice and would prefer to stay under those circumstances.

It's as reasonable as anything else we have heard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silent_Bob said:

My suspicions

Could well be possible

Colonel mustard with the spanner in the living room

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m almost indifferent to it now. Obviously I’d be happier him staying but really I don’t think any player is worth this much consideration.

Looking forward to going back to just thinking about players who we know actually want to play for Aston Villa. If the club thinks £100m is enough to get the players who both want to be here and are able to get us higher up the table, selling a player who seemingly needs a new and improved contract every year to stay isn’t the end of the world.

This is what happens at the big clubs regarding big players all the time, since the advent of social media, we haven't been involved in anything this big and the frenzy that goes with it.

Very little has really happened apart from the media clutching at straws and bogus twitter ITK's blowing it out of proportion. 

Because of the above there is a huge interest on this thread, which is a combination of serious and silly chatter. Nothing really progresses in the thread.

We may have had a bid in for Jack, which might be being considered and has already possibly been rejected. Jack and a few of our other best players re probably in negotiations for new deals based on our progress. That's about it.

Absolutely baffling and heartbreaking that he would choose to throw away the goodwill and credibility he built up with his 3000 followers by not existing

I hope this blow doesn't impact Wes's ability to run the club effectively

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Silent_Bob said:

My suspicions

A very well reasoned argument.

My theory is that Jack, John Terry and Nathan baker will quit football altogethher and form an international rock band.

• Haha 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well, again he's actually broken news before other reporters in the NFL and NBA so I don't know what the kid is saying by calling him fake.

It’s cos the kid calling him a fake is going to end up being a City fan. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

We do know that. They posted a training video with him in it yesterday. Conspicuously, moments after it was reported that Kane didn't turn up for training.

Yes they did. They haven’t hid him but they haven’t lauded him either. 

If you scroll through CJ’s Twitter during free agency there have been more hits than misses so far. He seems to be pretty in tune with Patriots goings-on, and has even been the first to report things like Will Fuller to Miami; the Golladay/Giants agreement being finalized days ahead of other reporters; and even Curtis Samuel to WFT. The Ravens continue to be in talks with the Bears about Orlando Brown, Jr.; CJ reported the Ravens and Bears had been in touch about Allen Robinson, and it makes sense the two stories are related.

Fellow nzone writer Will was in on CJ from the start as well, coining the #GolsonGang movement, which we got trending for a while. CJ doesn’t have the big media company backing that some of the more widely-accepted insiders get, but if you look at the track record, CJ seems to be plugged into the football world on a deeper scale than he gets credited.

I have spoken with CJ privately about his sources and, more generally, his online presence. His career path has been within the sports industry; he got his start as a betting analyst and has done some reporting for a fairly major publication. He’s still got connections in the industry, but he is trying to branch off on his own, and do his own thing. You can follow him for picks, you can follow him for scoops, and either way, you’re getting good content.

https://neutralzoneinfraction.com/2021/04/08/exclusive-who-is-the-man-taking-nfl-twitter-by-storm/

Â