The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Keyblade said:

Thing is, just like last year I don't think Jack knows what he wants to do either way. He'll need convincing, just like he did then. 

He’s in the right place then! 

High f***ing maintenance though, it must be the hair. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

TRO, if he does leave, I so hope that Villa break the top 4 and win a trophy - FA Cup or Europa League etc - in the first few years he's gone so he feels the pain of missing out on that. 

Sorry but, I cannot wish him well if he walks out on us after just 2 years back in the Premier League. 

Jack leaving has been like an itch, we can't scratch.....despite us progressing at a sensible pace, Jack's own profile has progressed at an exponential rate, highlighted by the Euro's, only now has he become Box office, with the country.

us Villa fans were banging the drum for his recognition, now he has it.

He has admitted, he nearly went to Spurs for £25 mill and then the Man U interest, which culminating in a 5 year contract and a bumper pay rise.......Jack is very aware of himself and his Talent and I would guess he has had plenty of mates in his ear at the Euro's telling him to move on, if he wants to fulfil his ambitions.

We are not a welcome guest to the sneaky 6, they don't want us or Leeds or West Ham and Leicester, gate crashing their cosy little cartel....They have already come up short in the European cup final, so the best players in the Prem are ineviatble targets.

Jack wants to play with better players, that much is clear to me, our only response is to keep improving our squad.....Jack is ahead of us in terms of progress, so we can't catch him up, in one window.....it happened with Yorke, Barry, Young, Platt and others.

We have to bite the bullet and move on, if in fact he leaves.....Aston Villa comes first.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If it’s as close as you think it is then yes!

Really? Have you got examples to back this up?

I think most players continue as they are until the deal is agreed. Unless they do something like Kane has to force a move. 

I don't think the deal is complete at this point. Absolutely not. I believe its being negotiated in the background and Jack will remain professional until its solved one way or the other. 

Remember how everyone said jack must’ve showed interest in City otherwise they wouldn’t table a bid… 

Did City not realise Kane was interested and just forgot about him?

I mean if they can only afford to buy one, they are going to buy Kane aren’t they, Kane has made it very clear he wants to leave, sooooo my reckoning is….

JACK STAYS!

8 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Mate you can never say never but it’s high 90% percentage he’s gone 

That’s what I’m told, he’s a superstar get ready for lots of condescending comments from media and press about them making him etc over the next few years. 

Jack will be a huge marketing tool for them . He transcends football as has been seen by all the articles in vogue, mens health ,ok magazine etc etc

And he had wembley stadium chanting his name wanting him to come on along with his .missus getting death threats from 14 year old girls who see him as their pin up. 

Shame really as if he stays our exposure and commercial revenue will increase massively.

• Like 1

With rumors that we want to get Tammy Abraham and Tuanzebe on loan, could that be an attempt to strengthen the squad and please Jack in the short-term without adding to the transfer bill? You’d think that if these signings were related to the Jack money, they’d be buys instead of loans, right? 

I'd feel more confident if there were videos of Jack doing more "contact" type training tbh. Seems like he's barely kicked a ball. Though, haven't really seen anyone doing much with a football from the videos we've seen. 

Been busy with work all day. As this thread is still in this section, I assume no major developments? 

I was kind of hoping for closure, one way or another!

Just now, Xela said:

Been busy with work all day. As this thread is still in this section, I assume no major developments? 

I was kind of hoping for closure, one way or another!

There was a brief time where the mods put this thread in Other Football to play with our emotions, but other than that, no change.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Really? Have you got examples to back this up?

I think most players continue as they are until the deal is agreed. Unless they do something like Kane has to force a move. 

I don't think the deal is complete at this point. Absolutely not. I believe its being negotiated in the background and Jack will remain professional until its solved one way or the other. 

Orrrrr the bids keep being rejected out right, just cos nothings been agreed doesn’t mean it’s being negotiated either.

With neither club commenting on it, I think that speaks volumes. 

Its in Villa’s best interest to not declare we rejected the bid cos of the media circus abs everything that would come with that and Man City won’t want to be seen to be having their pants pulled down. 

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Not really. My latest evidence free working hypothesis is: 

A new contract at Villa is on the table. He’s been back for a few days so if staying was Jack’s first choice it would’ve been done already.

Logically the only reason for this being strung out is Citeh failing to meet whatever valuation Villa has put on Jack, be that the mythical £100m clause or whatever.

Jack is tiptoeing around like the star in a proof of life video because he wants to go, he knows we know that, and Citeh, having put him in this position, are now doing their finest souk trader impression trying to bargain the price down. 

Things will get progressively more awkward until Citeh either meet his valuation or he gives up leaving and signs a new contract out of sheer embarrassment. 

I actually think this is pretty close to the money. If he wanted to stay the new deal if on the table would've been signed the moment he got back from his hols. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd feel more confident if there were videos of Jack doing more "contact" type training tbh. Seems like he's barely kicked a ball. Though, haven't really seen anyone doing much with a football from the videos we've seen. 

Maybe his shins are still knackered?

One day in the not too distant future when we're doing a lot better than we are now and are in a much better place as a club having achieved something, we will look back on this saga and laugh at how were so hung up on one player as if our whole future depended on it.

• Like 2

Â