The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The reason that Grealish hasn't signed for City yet isnt' going to be because we want to bring in replacements first, what if we agreed to that with Man City and he then picked up an injury and they decided not to buy him, or they just decided not to buy him regardless, or seeing that we'd already started spending the money before we received it, thehy then offered us a lower figure knowing it would be hard for us to turn down because we'd already begun spending it and if we turned down the lower bid it could affect our FFP calculations... We will only start spending the Grealish money when/if we receive it.

Whatever about Man City trying to break football with this Grealish Kane saga, what really gets at me is Sky Sports.

They've dropped the ESL/Big6 facade and are back into prime Murdoch savagery. Screw Villa, screw FFP, screw all the fans they had to pretend to care about.

Gimme stories, big names, tabloid headlines and all that is insidious about football again.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I am still surprised he is training with us though. Surely the whole squad know and his head is completely elsewhere. What’s the point?

Which suggests he isn’t going doesn’t it

Just now, ccfcman said:

Whatever about Man City trying to break football with this Grealish Kane saga, what really gets at me is Sky Sports.

They've dropped the ESL/Big6 facade and are back into prime Murdoch savagery. Screw Villa, screw FFP, screw all the fans they had to pretend to care about.

Gimme stories, big names, tabloid headlines and all that is insidious about football again.

did you expect anything less?

• Sad 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Just today people are laughing off Percy because of the Tammy links.  Laughed at him because he was out of touch on the Bailey.  That’s just examples in the last few days.

Pretty much 95% of it is reporting others reporting.  The 5% have gone from it being done already to release clause to structure of the release clause to Kane saga slowed it down to a supposed deadline.  The goalposts keep changing!

You think our owners, Purslow and Lange will let it go on that long that we’ll be hung out to dry just as the window closes if he left.

He training with us, that must tell you something that at least the deal is nowhere close to happening if at all.  Clubs negotiate in good faith, if it looked close he wouldn’t be training given the deal.  Additionally the bid was six days ago, if more has happened then they aren’t clearing those hurdles are they.

He training with us and the bid is almost a week old…looking good for him staying imo

Percy said we were interested in Bailey. His record speaks for itself, its usually very good. But no journo has 100% hit rate. 

His training with us does tell me that the deal is clearly not as far across the line as was being reported. But I don't think you have to do a Kane to still be progressing a move in the background. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

It’s bizarre 

Not really. My latest evidence free working hypothesis is: 

A new contract at Villa is on the table. He’s been back for a few days so if staying was Jack’s first choice it would’ve been done already.

Logically the only reason for this being strung out is Citeh failing to meet whatever valuation Villa has put on Jack, be that the mythical £100m clause or whatever.

Jack is tiptoeing around like the star in a proof of life video because he wants to go, he knows we know that, and Citeh, having put him in this position, are now doing their finest souk trader impression trying to bargain the price down. 

Things will get progressively more awkward until Citeh either meet his valuation or he gives up leaving and signs a new contract out of sheer embarrassment. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

How does this effect them regarding FFP? 

Remember they have a number of clubs globally and some of this will be used to fund and grow them plus they might be looking to buy additional clubs. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just today people are laughing off Percy because of the Tammy links.  Laughed at him because he was out of touch on the Bailey.  That’s just examples in the last few days.

Pretty much 95% of it is reporting others reporting.  The 5% have gone from it being done already to release clause to structure of the release clause to Kane saga slowed it down to a supposed deadline.  The goalposts keep changing!

You think our owners, Purslow and Lange will let it go on that long that we’ll be hung out to dry just as the window closes if he left.

He training with us, that must tell you something that at least the deal is nowhere close to happening if at all.  Clubs negotiate in good faith, if it looked close he wouldn’t be training given the deal.  Additionally the bid was six days ago, if more has happened then they aren’t clearing those hurdles are they.

He training with us and the bid is almost a week old…looking good for him staying imo

Honestly going to use up all my likes just on your posts today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I think Kane is the complication here. City surely cannot sign both (if they can then football is surely dead) and they need a striker much more pressingly. If they get positive signs around Kane they will delay the interest in Grealish. 

My take is city were all aboard the grealish train, have met with jacks agents and agreed terms. Jack has shown interest in going there but also a willingness to stay at villa if it doesnt progress. Fee was being negotiated until suddenly city found some wriggle room with kane. Delay with jack is now that city have prioritised kane and cannot sign both. If city have some success with kane in the next few days, jack will sign on with villa and city will buy kane. Then next year we have the whole cycle again. 

If no success with kane, jack will be gone for circa 100 mill

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Not really. My latest evidence free working hypothesis is: 

A new contract at Villa is on the table. He’s been back for a few days so if staying was Jack’s first choice it would’ve been done already.

Logically the only reason for this being strung out is Citeh failing to meet whatever valuation Villa has put on Jack, be that the mythical £100m clause or whatever.

Jack is tiptoeing around like the star in a proof of life video because he wants to go, he knows we know that, and Citeh, having put him in this position, are now doing their finest souk trader impression trying to bargain the price down. 

Things will get progressively more awkward until Citeh either meet his valuation or he gives up leaving and signs a new contract out of sheer embarrassment. 

Thing is, just like last year I don't think Jack knows what he wants to do either way. He'll need convincing, just like he did then. 

14 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I tried that, then the box disappeared. Now there is a dead cat here.

When those are opened, nature is temporarily moving it to "other boxes" to sort out what the content is.

Edited by Gompedyret
spelling error

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I am still surprised he is training with us though. Surely the whole squad know and his head is completely elsewhere. What’s the point?

I'm thinking there is an understanding that Jack can leave after his replacement(s) are secured (so Villa are not fleeced by selling clubs). The only other thing it could potentially be is that City and Villa have not agreed on the terms (transfer fee, installments, etc.)

I was quite confident he would stay with us a few days back, but the fact that a new contract has yet to be announced leads me to believe that he is off. 

Â