The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

And here he is, a new addition to the Villa family - Rafe William Woodcock

Just remember boys, whatever Jack decides, it’s only football!

762749AE-5956-458E-AEDF-B036DC112EF2.jpeg

Bless

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I’ve not said anything different really, I think Kane has delayed it by several days but will still go ahead.

Villa have been clever yesterday letting fans see them talking to Jack etc a visible display of them trying to talk him round coupled with the offer of a bumper deal being widely reported. Make it look like we tried and Jack is the enemy which he is it’s his camp that have orchestrated this. We’re offering about £100k lower than City it’s never going to be a U turn from Jack now. The only hang up is City offering £100m at the mo it’s £85 plus add on’s, once they hit £100m it will be quickly done which goes to show personal terms have been done ages ago

You said he was going up to Manchester Sunday yet he went to London for training, that was before the Kane saga.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Based on no evidence mate.  The only thing we know is we are told that City bid a few days before last Friday (assume Wednesday).  Aside from that Jack’s flown back from holiday and completed his third day of training.  

That’s all we know

Emotions here are up and down like a yo-yo and some people are convinced he’s leaving based on? Journos and ITKs that we normally dismiss daily and laugh at, also the people that say timings and those pass by with nothing happening.  Then people are so worried they create scenarios of what is happening based on nothing.

Obviously something is likely going on behind the scenes but of all the scenarios leaving isn’t the likely option, too many barriers to hump through for it to happen.  It could happen but unlikely.

We usually laugh at Percy? Or the Guardian? Or the BBC? 

The scenarios are not based on nothing. They're based on most of the major footballing news world reporting it will happen and no one reporting he will sign a new deal. 

Also a bit of common sense. It's pretty clear that if a bid has been made then Jack has given City indication that he's happy to join. 

There's still hurdles to get through I agree but there's also not much to suggest those hurdles can't be overcome. There is nearly a month left of the transfer window. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m almost indifferent to it now. Obviously I’d be happier him staying but really I don’t think any player is worth this much consideration.

Looking forward to going back to just thinking about players who we know actually want to play for Aston Villa. If the club thinks £100m is enough to get the players who both want to be here and are able to get us higher up the table, selling a player who seemingly needs a new and improved contract every year to stay isn’t the end of the world.

Exactly where I am. He is a great player and great if he stays. But I do have a few niggling doubts about him (both professionally & privately). I am intrigued to see what Aston Villa can do with more balance, options and variety.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I like how literally nothing changed from yesterday, yet this site has done a complete 180 on the positivity from yesterday. 

For me, that's the concern though. Nothing changes suggests to me that it's a case of hammering the deal out or getting replacements sorted before we sell. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Congratulations, to you both.

Rafe doesn't seem bothered if Jack goes or stays judging by his expression.😀

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

All of that is very interesting (I cannot speak to its accuracy) but it would of course be irrelevant to a "done deal" at the point at which you called it a "done deal".

Mate you can never say never but it’s high 90% percentage he’s gone 

2 minutes ago, Folski said:

Are City really offering £300k a week? It seems from sportrac that the only players on that kind of money are KDB & Sterling. It would be double the 3rd highest player at City. Granted in losing Aguero & Silva in recent times that have shed some of their bill but neither of those were on north of £250k.

That’s what I’m told, he’s a superstar get ready for lots of condescending comments from media and press about them making him etc over the next few years. 

17 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Welcome ! Another member to the Villa family Good luck to you all !!! UTV!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

For me, that's the concern though. Nothing changes suggests to me that it's a case of hammering the deal out or getting replacements sorted before we sell. 

It's not like contracts don't take long to sort too. I'm sure we'd be doing it differently than last year given we don't want this circus every summer, but it also has to be suitable to Jack. I imagine it'd take a while to meet in the middle.

I think Kane is the complication here. City surely cannot sign both (if they can then football is surely dead) and they need a striker much more pressingly. If they get positive signs around Kane they will delay the interest in Grealish. 

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

TRO, if he does leave, I so hope that Villa break the top 4 and win a trophy - FA Cup or Europa League etc - in the first few years he's gone so he feels the pain of missing out on that. 

Sorry but, I cannot wish him well if he walks out on us after just 2 years back in the Premier League. 

I agree. I am not too dishonest to say 'to spite him'. We should use that negative energy and emotion as fuel. I really like the direction of the club is going. We are going places with or without him. Opposition fans can mock that. However, it was the same fans that mocked us when we spoke of Jack in the Champ, now they are salivating at the prospect of him playing for them and willing to put down 100 million.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

TRO, if he does leave, I so hope that Villa break the top 4 and win a trophy - FA Cup or Europa League etc - in the first few years he's gone so he feels the pain of missing out on that. 

Sorry but, I cannot wish him well if he walks out on us after just 2 years back in the Premier League. 

I imagine that’s been said to him by the owners and Dean as the goal is to win trophy ands get into Europe, and this is why I believe he won’t move to City. 

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I am still surprised he is training with us though. Surely the whole squad know and his head is completely elsewhere. What’s the point?

11 days to kick off, he must do some degree of exercise and he does work here.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

We usually laugh at Percy? Or the Guardian? Or the BBC?

Just today people are laughing off Percy because of the Tammy links.  Laughed at him because he was out of touch on the Bailey.  That’s just examples in the last few days.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The scenarios are not based on nothing. They're based on most of the major footballing news world reporting it will happen and no one reporting he will sign a new deal. 

Pretty much 95% of it is reporting others reporting.  The 5% have gone from it being done already to release clause to structure of the release clause to Kane saga slowed it down to a supposed deadline.  The goalposts keep changing!

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There's still hurdles to get through I agree but there's also not much to suggest those hurdles can't be overcome. There is nearly a month left of the transfer window. 

You think our owners, Purslow and Lange will let it go on that long that we’ll be hung out to dry just as the window closes if he left.

He training with us, that must tell you something that at least the deal is nowhere close to happening if at all.  Clubs negotiate in good faith, if it looked close he wouldn’t be training given the deal.  Additionally the bid was six days ago, if more has happened then they aren’t clearing those hurdles are they.

He training with us and the bid is almost a week old…looking good for him staying imo

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's not like contracts don't take long to sort too. I'm sure we'd be doing it differently than last year given we don't want this circus every summer, but it also has to be suitable to Jack. I imagine it'd take a while to meet in the middle.

Agreed but I just feel we'd have heard something from a percy type, if Jack had tuned city down and was finalising a deal with us. 

We've known about the city interest before the season really ended. I don't think we've just started from scratch these last two days when it comes to our offer for him.

Â