The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

What happened to it's a done deal, 100% off, team Grealish has screwed us over?

You are anther who for day's has been saying with zero doubt that he'd already gone.

I’ve not said anything different really, I think Kane has delayed it by several days but will still go ahead.

Villa have been clever yesterday letting fans see them talking to Jack etc a visible display of them trying to talk him round coupled with the offer of a bumper deal being widely reported. Make it look like we tried and Jack is the enemy which he is it’s his camp that have orchestrated this. We’re offering about £100k lower than City it’s never going to be a U turn from Jack now. The only hang up is City offering £100m at the mo it’s £85 plus add on’s, once they hit £100m it will be quickly done which goes to show personal terms have been done ages ago

Edited by Fairy In Boots

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think it's a little unfair to call it bed wetting. For me, it seems a likely outcome. 

Calling it a likely outcome is not the same as saying "goodbye jack" which is textbook bed wetting.

Nothing is confirmed. Let's just wait and see.

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Don't think it's necessarily a case of he doesn't believe in our project he'd just be choosing a club that don't have a project, they're done, it's not some 5 to 10 years down the line thing it's instant everything ready to go and be successful 

If he left its not necessarily a slight on us, there has to be an acceptance that what we are trying to do will take a long time, what city are trying to do won't because they've already spent it (and by time I mean a **** load of cash) 

That’s a cop out for him it is if he don’t believe in it sorry 

Whispers saying that Kesler is going to Walsall and then saying another club has come in for him, doesn't make him in 'ITK' just because he's gone to Swindon, you could do that with any player that is going to go on loan, like I could say that Wright is set to go on loan to Portsmouth and then claim that another club has come in for him, and when he then goes on loan to a club other than Portsmouth claim to be 'ITK', but all I would have done is guessed that he's going on loan, and essentially guessed that he wasn't going on loan to Portsmouth...

Also Kesler going to Swindon wasn't a last minute thing, I had a look on a Swindon forum and they had been talking about him for a while.

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

I’ve not said anything different really, I think Kane has delayed it by several days but will still go ahead.

Villa have been clever yesterday letting fans see them talking to Jack etc a visible display of them trying to talk him round coupled with the offer of a bumper deal being widely reported. We’re offering about £100k lower than City it’s never going to be a U turn from Jack now. The only hang up is City offering £100m at the mo it’s £85 plus add on’s, once they hit £100m it will be quickly done which goes to show personal terms have been done ages ago

85 quid plus add-ons?

Bloody hell they really are taking the piss.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

And here he is, a new addition to the Villa family - Rafe William Woodcock

Just remember boys, whatever Jack decides, it’s only football!

762749AE-5956-458E-AEDF-B036DC112EF2.jpeg

With a name like that I fully expect him to be my boss someday.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Whispers reporting that Jack has medical booked at MC tonight/tomorrow.

Also reporting about dealings with Chelsea and Man Utd

3 weeks earlier they said he’d signed a new contract. Whispers is full of it. 

12 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

He appears to be a teenage bullshitter whose native tongue isn't English and his studying of it has reached year 2 level - I'm hoping that's the case. 🤞

Whispers is the kid who reported directly to Xia, acting as a spy in his absence by pretending to be a coffee table, Bruce never had a ******* clue. 

Anyway, whilst still here, he bugged the biscuit barrel in the canteen and occasionally gets some muffled garbage and puts 6 and 9 together.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

If he wants to play for Man City, by the powers of deduction, I would assume that, yes, he wants to go.

I haven't spoke to him, so I am guessing like everyone else.

I presume, its a process, with hurdles and at present some hurdles exist, if those hurdles are removed, we may see what Jack really wants to do....If I was a betting man, I would say ,he wants to go....because the alternative, is just sign a contract with us, which, i would guess again, would be easy.

I still have a nagging feeling that some of those hurdles are being put up by his agent and he's happy to sit quietly letting this all play out whilst his agent pushes the numbers up on his existing contract 

4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Villa have been clever yesterday letting fans see them talking to Jack etc a visible display of them trying to talk him round coupled with the offer of a bumper deal being widely reported. Make it look like we tried and Jack is the enemy which he is it’s his camp that have orchestrated this. We’re offering about £100k lower than City it’s never going to be a U turn from Jack now. The only hang up is City offering £100m at the mo it’s £85 plus add on’s, once they hit £100m it will be quickly done which goes to show personal terms have been done ages ago

All of that is very interesting (I cannot speak to its accuracy) but it would of course be irrelevant to a "done deal" at the point at which you called it a "done deal".

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think it's a little unfair to call it bed wetting. For me, it seems a likely outcome. 

Based on no evidence mate.  The only thing we know is we are told that City bid a few days before last Friday (assume Wednesday).  Aside from that Jack’s flown back from holiday and completed his third day of training.  

That’s all we know

Emotions here are up and down like a yo-yo and some people are convinced he’s leaving based on? Journos and ITKs that we normally dismiss daily and laugh at, also the people that say timings and those pass by with nothing happening.  Then people are so worried they create scenarios of what is happening based on nothing.

Obviously something is likely going on behind the scenes but of all the scenarios leaving isn’t the likely option, too many barriers to hump through for it to happen.  It could happen but unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Villa have been clever yesterday letting fans see them talking to Jack etc a visible display of them trying to talk him round coupled with the offer of a bumper deal being widely reported. We’re offering about £100k lower than City it’s never going to be a U turn from Jack now. The only hang up is City offering £100m at the mo it’s £85 plus add on’s, once they hit £100m it will be quickly done which goes to show personal terms have been done ages ago

Are City really offering £300k a week? It seems from sportrac that the only players on that kind of money are KDB & Sterling. It would be double the 3rd highest player at City. Granted in losing Aguero & Silva in recent times that have shed some of their bill but neither of those were on north of £250k.

19 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

He did then subsequently say that the Walsall move was on hold as another club had some in for him. And he went to Swindon the day after. 

Not that this means that he should therefore be considered as the oracle or anything. But Kesler is in his "win" column, not his rather larger "loss" column. 

Also around the same time he posted that tweet about another club, someone posted on here that they'd been seeing rumours he was going to Swindon.

He clearly just latches on to other "ITK" stuff, just like how he said the Grealish stuff was just agent talk to get a better contract, just after the guy on reddit said it.

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Depends,  if I am happy at the end of this and the new fans at mancity are all crying then it will have been wonderful and brilliant journey.

It is a bit weird I agree but this is pivotal to the history of AVFC as important as 1981 / 1982 IMO.

There have been many in my lifetime and we almost always come of worse 9 times out of 10.  They don't want the Villa in the top 6 as we would be a proper club like Liverpool with proper fans and history.  They dont want that.  

The difference is we have owners, who have staff working for them , that CAN make a £100 mill work for them.

providing we don't sign a boat load of wingers that we seem to be linked with and we build a good balance, I think we will be stronger.....Its hard to see that right now, because Jack is an exceptional Talent, but I see that being the case.

The regime we have now, is different to the past.....I am confident will move forward, with or without Jack.

• Like 3

Â