The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Have enjoyed the past couple of days of renewed confidence and positivity around this situation as I've even let it sway me at times, but I'm still quite resigned to him leaving. Just don't have a good feeling about it.

Whatever the case I just wish it would be over with either way. Can't be underestimated the implications it could have on our season and for it to constantly drag on like this surely isn't helping anyone involved.

19 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

So how much have you bet on Grealish to Man City with the bookies and at what odds? 

Well, he has got £20 on against me and £100 against someone else (all to Acorns). So in the Sam Lee camp of hoping to hell it happens I guess. 

1 hour ago, VillaJay said:

It's in the speculation thread, but that reddit fella is saying Jack is 100% staying.

Not you necessarily, but do people not know how the internet works?

This the new account that popped up claiming to be ITK fella and said yeah I'll just continue posting info? Come on.

I could make an account on there saying I'm him and he's actually going to Arsenal to play under his hero Mikel Arteta.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not you necessarily, but do people not know how the internet works?

This the new account that popped up claiming to be ITK fella and said yeah I'll just continue posting info? Come on.

I could make an account on there saying I'm him and he's actually going to Arsenal to play under his hero Mikel Arteta.

To be fair it actually says he’s done with this stuff. Here’s the thread today.

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

What you have written does not relate to what I have posted.

I do not doubt that he reported honestly to the information he had. My point was he should have just reported what he reported from his City source and the proviso that he didn't know how Villa would respond and to damn with it. Man City are confident of getting the deal done. Representatives from Grealish are giving them positive signals. Yet to be seen how this will be handled at Villa, clearly they want to keep their captain. My issue becomes when he proceeded to start a back and forth with Villa Twitter, petty remarks about the fanbase being 'a weird cult', sneering at the owners and club, replying to unrelated articles with sarky unprofessional comments relating to the fanbase (these are the only things I've actually noticed). Then he circled back to play a victim. Indulging in it. I do not know the man but he has come across as both unprofessional and attention seeking. Clearly this will be an emotional transfer given everything. Maybe he misread the mood. Percy for instance, reported on it and blocked replies. 

Sam is in the business of 'football transfers', he sharpens that sword, stokes that fire and walks that line to then cry foul when he is cut does not sit right with me. I would never abuse strangers online and do not condone it. But surely that is the machine that he has oiled. Report and block, do not engage. The cynic in me thinks he doth protest too much and is in fact enjoying the 'traction' and 'trending'. Fine, if that is the case, but be honest with that.

What he said^

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

‘Total agreement’.  Meet our terms and you can have him otherwise he stays. End of. Nows it’s about how much City want him.

That tweet was just after midnight on Friday, with talks starting two days beforehand.  Complete within the next few days but we’ve had Saturday, Sunday, Monday and now most of Tuesday since then…

Hmmm….

Based on nothing, I think the situation is that, due to the late notice and the impending season start, Villa have told Jack that IF we can land a few replacement targets ( JWP, Tammy etc) at prices we deem appropriate, in the next few days, then we will let him go to City. 

Villa wont want to leave themselves in a vulnerable position of having the money from city but with too little time or unable to get players in going into the new season.

This is why I believe there has been stories today about us re-upping our interest in some big name players.

It also explains why we are keeping Jack ticking over in training and generally in the fold, in case the ducks dont all line up and he stays. However they seem to be keeping him away from any full contact or intense sessions.

May also explain the videos of Lange/ Smith etc continually chatting to jack - maybe keeping him in the loop with developments (that ones a stretch i admit)

I dont think we will see him appear at training tomorrow and that will be the start of it

• Like 1

Considering Edens speech to the Bucks players when he took over regards commitment to the project, and indeed Mallory reposting it on Insta the other day, you can see how he views players, staff, personnel who are non-commital. If Jack wants out, I'm convinced NSWE would have either have shifted his arse by now OR would be drumming up a bidding war. No way would they just roll over and have their bellies tickled so easily.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

To be fair it actually says he’s done with this stuff. Here’s the thread today.

thing, is so many people, whichever the outcome are going to be proven wrong

if he leaves, this guy plus that CJ chap will be wrong and if he stays then whispers and fairy will be wrong. that won't stop people hanging on their every word in a year's time

literally Tommy Jordan himself called whispers' BS out a week or so ago and he's still going strong!

Â