The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, TomIsADeftone said:

Simpler days, i miss it 

I'm sure when we beat Bradford in in our season in the second division, Stuart and Andy gray made their debuts  most people didn't know they had signed. 

Might be wrong on this (it's a long time ago!)

3 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I can't believe the club is letting this clownfest continue 11 days before the season starts

Disappointing if he's off, I'd much rather a small statement to confirm otherwise and leave him at Bodymoor.  

Why involve him in team bonding?

25 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Hadn't seen that bit to be honest. But the fact it was announced / made about 1-2 hours after we received that bid.... And after 4 weeks of silence on the JWP front?

No not really.

Just for the sake of argument I’ll throw in our bid was a show for Jack. It may have been simply to prove that we are still intent on improving and are doing so with quality targets. That we want to compete for top 6 but that can really only happen next year with him. And even though the bid did happen the same day, I would also argue it’s coincidental. We aren’t just going to stop pursing targets just to figure out the Jack situation.

Just now, TomIsADeftone said:

Disappointing if he's off, I'd much rather a small statement to confirm otherwise and leave him at Bodymoor.  

Why involve him in team bonding?

Yeah this is a good point. Club must absolutely think there's a chance he stays. If they intend to let him leave but just want the best price / whatever it's risky having him back amongst the other players, risks unsettling things if he leaves in the next few days. A clean break would have been much better

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

One thing for certain, whatever happens with this saga. Sam Lee needs to reconsider his career choice. As a journalist you surely must remain an impartial onlooker reporting facts, that are known to you, to the best of your ability. Ignore the noise. The man has vested too much emotional energy and stock into a event that he has no control over. His overinflated sense of importance has grown uncontrollably. He has courted and indulged in 'abuse' and now seems to want to play a martyr to a cause. It is a football transfer not the striking of a peace accord between Israel and Palestine. Further to that, you are merely reporting on it. You are not involved in the outcome or the process in anyway.

Very well said, this guy has damaged himself completely unneccessarily and has now got completely invested in an event that may or may not even happen. He'll get untold abuse no matter what happens now, and whilst noone should be actively abusing anyone, he's pretty much painted a target on himself.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Oh for the days of no transfer talk apart from a line on the ceefax page.

This is how I discovered the transfer of a certain Mr P McGrath to us, much more civilised 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m going to try and avoid this thread for a few days. Going round in circles now. How long will I last?

4 mins 32 seconds is my best other than when asleep 

• Like 1

Â