The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Sadly agree. Playing under Pep, Playing with KDB & Foden and the rest of the England lot, probably the promise of Kane, CL football, challenging for PL season in season out is probably too much for him to turn down. He is a brand now, loves the spotlight and probably feels its his time to be on that stage. 

Its sickening to accept, when he could lead us into Europe and be different. Its upsetting that our captain could even entertain joining a rival club during this period of Villa evolution & revolution because it weakens us significantly. He is such a huge pull for us and losing him to them just feels so hollow. He knows he’s too good for where we’re at instead of having the patience and desire to get us up to where we want to be because it might take another few years.

Watching what he said in that contract video last year, he didnt look absolutely buzzing about it really, more a bit disappointed when I think about it, like his move to the top level had been put on hold.

You may be right, but why is he still here?

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Jack's talent will never be replaced in one player, we can forget the notion of that, but one player alone can be stopped......our game goes through Jack, so if he is stopped, currently, Villa are stopped.

With £100 mill on top of our already generous budget, we can make huge strengthening to the team.....3/4 or 5 players are harder to stop than one.

None of us want Jack to go....but if its inevitable and Man City pay the price accordingly  and not a £1 per week.....then as a team, it would not surprise me in the least that we become better.

£100 mill is a lot of money, if paid properly, as Martin Lewis would say..................IN FULL.

Ye, i have said it in numerous posts, i dont want Jack to go, but on the flip side, with the correct investment in players, with 100m+ (ie: 3 x 30m+ players) we would probably be a better team than with Jack (at least in the short term).

The main thing for me is that it doesnt drag on, if he's gonna go, we need time to spend that money wisely.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

My friend is a dog walker in London, and he had a phone call from a withheld number earlier.

Girl with a Brum accent asks if he walks cockapoos or whatever it is (little brown curly dog, can’t remember the name). Last minute emergency because she wasn’t expecting to be in London tonight.

Anyway as they’re discussing pickup time etc, he hears people talking in the background.

There’s a bloke with a European accent (Scandinavian he thought?) saying “we’ve blocked it Jack, we’ve blocked it Jack. James is coming now”

So my mate thinks nothing of it. But just an hour ago he’s picked up the dog off this glamorous young woman. I showed him a photo of Sasha and he confirmed it was her.

And as they’re walking round Hyde Park the dog has spilt the beans. Grealish is staying at the Villa.

Now depends on how ITK you reckon the dog is, so take it with a pinch of salt. Also, apologies. But I reckon this isn’t even the most bullshit rumour that’s been shared in this thread.

Sounds legit to me.👍

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

My friend is a dog walker in London, and he had a phone call from a withheld number earlier.

Girl with a Brum accent asks if he walks cockapoos or whatever it is (little brown curly dog, can’t remember the name). Last minute emergency because she wasn’t expecting to be in London tonight.

Anyway as they’re discussing pickup time etc, he hears people talking in the background.

There’s a bloke with a European accent (Scandinavian he thought?) saying “we’ve blocked it Jack, we’ve blocked it Jack. James is coming now”

So my mate thinks nothing of it. But just an hour ago he’s picked up the dog off this glamorous young woman. I showed him a photo of Sasha and he confirmed it was her.

And as they’re walking round Hyde Park the dog has spilt the beans. Grealish is staying at the Villa.

Now depends on how ITK you reckon the dog is, so take it with a pinch of salt. Also, apologies. But I reckon this isn’t even the most bullshit rumour that’s been shared in this thread.

And the dog didn't specify which James it was? What a little tease.

Edited by RichiBoi11

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Sadly agree. Playing under Pep, Playing with KDB & Foden and the rest of the England lot, probably the promise of Kane, CL football, challenging for PL season in season out is probably too much for him to turn down. He is a brand now, loves the spotlight and probably feels its his time to be on that stage. 

Its sickening to accept, when he could lead us into Europe and be different. Its upsetting that our captain could even entertain joining a rival club during this period of Villa evolution & revolution because it weakens us significantly. He is such a huge pull for us and losing him to them just feels so hollow. He knows he’s too good for where we’re at instead of having the patience and desire to get us up to where we want to be because it might take another few years.

Watching what he said in that contract video last year, he didnt look absolutely buzzing about it really, more a bit disappointed when I think about it, like his move to the top level had been put on hold.

This will always be hanging over him.....I just hope, he gets what he wants and by doing so, we will inadvertently get what we want imo.

I stand by my forecast, that we will come out of this stronger, in the future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It's sad that I read that most of the way trying to decide if it was genuine or not.

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Your mate has gone a long way to fabricate a story to deflect from the fact that he let the dog lick his face only for him to see the dog licking his balls soon after.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Got Bailey wrong

Something has changed recently with Villa, i could put money on Percy announcing nearly all our signings in the NSWE era.  He wasn't 1st to Young,  nor Bailey. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I think everyone should start preparing themselves for the worst by looking at the potential for improving the team with the money we get. The players we're looking at would arguably make us stronger overall.

Totally endorse that.

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Sounds like someone has blocked the shitter.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think there will be some cold, calculating decisions occuring on both sides of the table.

For Jack, what's better. Qualifying for Europe and maybe having a cup run in claret and blue, or winning the league at a canter and quite possibly the CL as well?

For us, what's worth more, our talisman staying at the club and the PR of keeping hold of a prized asset to give a "super league" club a bloody nose in the transfer market, or being unshackled from FFP to really kick our recruitment up a gear?

He may genuinely end up going with our blessing, doing what's best for the team. I honerstly don't know which outcome I want anymore.

yes, i agree with this.   The deal may end suiting all 3 parties.

• Like 1

Just now, darrenm said:

I think everyone should start preparing themselves for the worst by looking at the potential for improving the team with the money we get. The players we're looking at would arguably make us stronger overall.

Thats where my head is at . Bit of back of the fag packet work last night came up with this .

If we sell Grealish El Ghazi and Douglas for 140 mill  we could end up with this as our purchases this summer 

Mateus Periera and James Ward Prowse( takes care of all penalties, corners and free kicks )  , Arnaut Danjuma, Sander Berge  , Axel

Plus Emi 2 , Ash and Leon already purchased 

Massive team upgrade but massive loss in Jack.

Â