The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Here's some extremely sketchy ITK info: I work in Manchester and the wife of a colleague has just sworn blind that she has seen Grealish with Girlfriend and dog in tow in a black Range Rover in Hale. Here's where it gets stranger - they had pulled over as the dog was being sick by the side of the road. I had to ask if this was a wind up when that detail was revealed but apparently not.

I did tell them it was very unlikely as he was pictured in London this very morning but she was 99% sure it was him... Have there been any recent photos of Grealish training this afternoon?

I assume you mean Hale in Altrincham, in which case, that's a 3.5hr drive from where Villa are training and Grealish was in training at least 2hrs ago.

21 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Right I don't get this.

Both Tammy and Axel are decent enough players to make a good mark in what they do.

Maybe if Jack leaves the plan is to have Watkins do what Jack does, god know he showed he could do it last season. That means Tammy up front which I'd be really okay with, infact more than happy. Remember how Ashley Young used to be a winger/inside forward, well maybe that's the plan for Watkins a similar type of role to how Young used to play.

We may not be able to stop Jack leaving but if that's what happens above, then I won't be dissapointed one bit knowing we have Bailey and Buendia as well. That's still a massive improvement in the ranks than last year despite the fact we just lost our best player.

I still believe Jack's staying mind you.

Jack's talent will never be replaced in one player, we can forget the notion of that, but one player alone can be stopped......our game goes through Jack, so if he is stopped, currently, Villa are stopped.

With £100 mill on top of our already generous budget, we can make huge strengthening to the team.....3/4 or 5 players are harder to stop than one.

None of us want Jack to go....but if its inevitable and Man City pay the price accordingly  and not a £1 per week.....then as a team, it would not surprise me in the least that we become better.

£100 mill is a lot of money, if paid properly, as Martin Lewis would say..................IN FULL.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think he made his mind up at the Euro's.

Sadly agree. Playing under Pep, Playing with KDB & Foden and the rest of the England lot, probably the promise of Kane, CL football, challenging for PL season in season out is probably too much for him to turn down. He is a brand now, loves the spotlight and probably feels its his time to be on that stage. 

Its sickening to accept, when he could lead us into Europe and be different. Its upsetting that our captain could even entertain joining a rival club during this period of Villa evolution & revolution because it weakens us significantly. He is such a huge pull for us and losing him to them just feels so hollow. He knows he’s too good for where we’re at instead of having the patience and desire to get us up to where we want to be because it might take another few years.

Watching what he said in that contract video last year, he didnt look absolutely buzzing about it really, more a bit disappointed when I think about it, like his move to the top level had been put on hold.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Do we?....If a player wants 49%  to be else where, he is not committed to our club IMO.

I would think Jack is pretty torn on the matter atm, but I have no doubts should he stay, he'll 100 % be committed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

If she can make it from London, via Barnt Green to get changed, drop off and pick up bags, and the dog, in under 2 hours I'd say the police have banned the wrong driver.

It's probably why the dog was sick.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

If he wants to go?.....I hope he gets his wish.

I have never been comfortable with a player, not wanting to be at Villa and playing for us under duress....and in my time supporting them, the club has always accomodated a players release, if they don't want to be there....irrespective of the circumstances.

Jack's situation appears different to me, perhaps even unique in my 40 year Villa history. For Grealish, being interested in playing elsewhere won't necessarily equate to him playing under duress at Villa. He might be interested or just using it to leverage a much improved contract at Villa. It could genuinely be both. Jack wins either way.

I don't see Jack 'doing a Yorke' if his valuation isn't met.

5 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

There's a video of him training with a fitness coach at that hotel posted from a guy at the hotel at 12:42. For a man not renowned for his pace that's very impressive to be showered, changed and up in Hale in under 2 hours.

Did you not see him race against Sterling?

I think everyone should start preparing themselves for the worst by looking at the potential for improving the team with the money we get. The players we're looking at would arguably make us stronger overall.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Jack's talent will never be replaced in one player, we can forget the notion of that, but one player alone can be stopped......our game goes through Jack, so if he is stopped, currently, Villa are stopped.

With £100 mill on top of our already generous budget, we can make huge strengthening to the team.....3/4 or 5 players are harder to stop than one.

None of us want Jack to go....but if its inevitable and Man City pay the price accordingly  and not a £1 per week.....then as a team, it would not surprise me in the least that we become better.

£100 mill is a lot of money, if paid properly, as Martin Lewis would say..................IN FULL.

£100 mill probably not all that much money when a) all and sundry know we have it, and b) we’re asking teams to part with their best players a week before the season opener.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Clubs rarely work like that any more. All the good clubs are silent regarding anything speculative 

My memory says otherwise, but I'm probably living in the past then. 

3 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous to be honest. 

Depends,  if I am happy at the end of this and the new fans at mancity are all crying then it will have been wonderful and brilliant journey.

It is a bit weird I agree but this is pivotal to the history of AVFC as important as 1981 / 1982 IMO.

There have been many in my lifetime and we almost always come of worse 9 times out of 10.  They don't want the Villa in the top 6 as we would be a proper club like Liverpool with proper fans and history.  They dont want that.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Also if we want to hyper-analyze more stuff. In Percys article about Tammy and Axel he stated that Villa are considering the offer from Man City. Not calling it an inevitable deal like he did on Friday.

Boom. Game on…

I can firmly believe that Villa's 'consideration' of the offer lay in how committed Jack was to leave. If his head has completely gone, then it's probably £100m well taken. If Jack's undecided then I'm sure the board come out fighting.

The fact he's training as normal suggests to me that the club are working on their offer to keep him happy here.

FWIW, in these pre-season camps there's a lot more to them than just a bit of running around. The coaches will talk about routines, tactics, gameplans for other teams and other sensitive info. If we're just waiting for Jack to pack his bags, it would be akin to having a City player sitting in the meetings. 

• Like 2

Just now, darrenm said:

I think everyone should start preparing themselves for the worst by looking at the potential for improving the team with the money we get. The players we're looking at would arguably make us stronger overall.

I think there will be some cold, calculating decisions occuring on both sides of the table.

For Jack, what's better. Qualifying for Europe and maybe having a cup run in claret and blue, or winning the league at a canter and quite possibly the CL as well?

For us, what's worth more, our talisman staying at the club and the PR of keeping hold of a prized asset to give a "super league" club a bloody nose in the transfer market, or being unshackled from FFP to really kick our recruitment up a gear?

He may genuinely end up going with our blessing, doing what's best for the team. I honerstly don't know which outcome I want anymore.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What's not believable? Multiple journalists on both sides and neutrals are reporting it. And nothing from either side to say it wasn't true. 

Why would Villa allow this whole speculation to continue if there was no truth to it? Does it do anything to positively help us prepare for the new season?

As I said in my post. The owners cannot comment on something that does not exist.

It only takes one journalist to post it and the others all pile in. Or are you saying that multiple journalists and neutrals know that the offer exists. That's unlikely.

• Like 1

Â