The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

28 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I really do think if Jack was going to reject Man City and sign a new deal then that would have happened very quickly. 

but it can equally, be said, that if he was going to go, it would be done by now.

Man City have allegedly gained committment from us to accept the deal, now it seems they are trying manipulate the terms of paying £100m

Its like agreeing a price for a "Gold Bar" and then finding its coming in "Gold dust"......Man city need to put their money where their mouths are.

Transfer the £100 mill or go away....We are not here to make it easy for them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If we are replacing Jack with Tammy and Axel I'll be massively disappointed.

Right I don't get this.

Both Tammy and Axel are decent enough players to make a good mark in what they do.

Maybe if Jack leaves the plan is to have Watkins do what Jack does, god know he showed he could do it last season. That means Tammy up front which I'd be really okay with, infact more than happy. Remember how Ashley Young used to be a winger/inside forward, well maybe that's the plan for Watkins a similar type of role to how Young used to play.

We may not be able to stop Jack leaving but if that's what happens above, then I won't be dissapointed one bit knowing we have Bailey and Buendia as well. That's still a massive improvement in the ranks than last year despite the fact we just lost our best player.

I still believe Jack's staying mind you.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, TRO said:

but it can equally, be said, that if he ws going to go, it would be done by now.

Man City have allegedly gained committment from us to accept the deal, now it seems they are trying manipulate the terms of paying £100m

Its like agreeing a price for a "Gold Bar" and then finding its coming in "Gold dust"......Man city need to put their money where their mouths are.

Transfer the £100 mill or go away....We are not here to make it easy for them.

Or just an alternative view point, we've requested that Man City give us time to sign some players before announcing it. In turn, we will only allow Jack to train contact free to prevent him getting injured. 

Truth is, none of us know I guess and we're going round in circles ha. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Odds on odds meaning something are currently 7/1. But if this bet gets made, they'll move into 4/1.

And then 15 pages of speculation will ensue. 5 people will be bold enough to lump £50 on. Thus, the odds will move into 2/1. And then 15 pages of speculation will ensue....

It was just a joke mate! 

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

You've all convinced me... i think he's gone once the minor details of the transfer have been ironed out.

Why?

If they are minor details he would be in Manchester as we will want thing wrapped up ASAP. As we have days to spend the money.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Or just an alternative view point, we've requested that Man City give us time to sign some players before announcing it. In turn, we will only allow Jack to train contact free to prevent him getting injured. 

of course we are....its a forum, that what we do, speculate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

This is what I think. It all seems to add up. Only thing I don’t get is why the social media team put meeting room and training in bold. Was unnecessary. 

While you can say that he might win more trophies at City and earn more money, he still should stay with Villa.

He's the captain of the club he has loved and been a part of for a long time, adored and loved by Villa fans, and even can throw in the guaranteed starter week in and week out.(Yes, you would hate to think City would pay that more and not start him every week but I'm 50/50 if they would). At Villa he is the man and what our play revolves around. Even at City I think he likes to pay could be cut somewhat as even though Pep is a good coach I think Dean has brought the best out of him and can continue to do so.

We have had some tough times in the past and with that being said in those tough times absolutely no one could blame or get angry at Jack at leaving. But with NSWE, we are definitely a team on the up. Not that long ago, no way would even realistically get player's of Bailey's and Buendia's talent; we are a club on the up and a club moving in the right direction which cannot be said for a lot of other clubs not only in England but just Europe in general.

Yes the allure of trophies and getting top dollar is hard to not grasp but to me I would rather achieve something along the same lines with a club that I love and that loves me back.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If we're seriously in the realm of there wasn't a bid, then we've really hit the stick your head in the sand and pretend everything is OK phase. 

I have been saying this for some time, simply because of the lack of what I would consider believable information. 

I don't understand those 'convinced' he is off. There is more evidence that he is staying at this moment.

Of course, he could be off, but there isn't any good evidence for it. 

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I don't understand those 'convinced' he is off. There is more evidence that he is staying at this moment.

Of course, he could be off, but there isn't any good evidence for it. 

You don’t think there would be a lot more social media footage of him like there is always is? Seems to me he has been involved just about enough for it to seem he is staying so we can get some deals over the line.  Once Grealish is gone we’re going to get bummed on transfer fees.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

our most trusted reporter says this was “inevitable”

the reporter who broke the story (Sam Lee) had a similar stance, now he’s backtracked and saying there’s “complications” in regards of the “buyout clause” 

So it’s back to the drawing board and Man City need to come back with a new offer (or structure) 

can Man City rearrange this, or is it a step to far. We’ll see

As far as Jack signing a new Villa deal. We have no idea, but there is more time to convince him to stay. 

he’s actually in training, so the move isn’t happening that soon 

sooo not so “inevitable” after all 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

I have been saying this for some time, simply because of the lack of what I would consider believable information. 

What's not believable? Multiple journalists on both sides and neutrals are reporting it. And nothing from either side to say it wasn't true. 

Why would Villa allow this whole speculation to continue if there was no truth to it? Does it do anything to positively help us prepare for the new season?

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

Just can't picture him leaving. Can't see it happening even now. 

If he wants to go?.....I hope he gets his wish.

I have never been comfortable with a player, not wanting to be at Villa and playing for us under duress....and in my time supporting them, the club has always accomodated a players release, if they don't want to be there....irrespective of the circumstances.

• Like 3

Â