The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I really do think if Jack was going to reject Man City and sign a new deal then that would have happened very quickly. 

I don’t think it’s that easy, their will still be wages discussions and more importantly, commitments about the ambitions. Jack will want an immediate improvement. Yes we got Buendia and Bailey, but still he’d need atleast another one on the same calibre. I imagine that the quick announcement of Bailey is for the help of these discussions. 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Just as quick as if a fee had been agreed with City and just down to personal terms etc.

this is the one shred of optimism i have left. city will tell sam lee, romano, etc the second the bid has been accepted. still nothing from them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

We were looking at JWP well before this Man City bid I thought? And if it was Grealish money we’re using I have a hard time believing £25 million is the best first offer we could muster. And Tuanzebe would be a loan which we could afford without Grealish money.

Yes we were but we didn't bid anything until the £100m offer came in.

16 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Have City tried to use this Jack saga to make Kane push for a transfer? I’m not saying they don’t want Jack but they possibly leaked that things would be done to alert Kane that money is going elsewhere?

This could well be what the hold up is , looked like jack on his way the weekend now mr ego has thrown his dolls could cause a city rethink what they can/can’t do this window 

15 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I still cringe at that video...

I think the only way to top it is some sort of Hulk remake.

Get Jack accidentally shot by a laser, putting on a Man City shirt, looking like he is about to sign a contract, and then Hulking Out, his muscles ripping the shirt into tatters, and turning into a giant Claret and Blue monster and smashing up the City conference room.

Nah, they'll do the Wolf of Wall Street "I'm not f*****g leaving" speech - I thought that might be what the gazebo was for last night!

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

This does make a lot of sense...

but if this was the case, we must surely be looking at replacement targets and putting bids in elsewhere at the same time.   Yet its eerily very quiet on that front.  Not even a fake twitter rumour as to replacements.

Likely this is exactly what’s happening. Anyone talks and we send Wes round* - hence the silence. 

I think the noise came at the start of the window when the groundwork was done on various options.

*Confidentiality when real negotiations start is likely a requirement of doing business with us, particularly until the Grealish situation is resolved. 

1 minute ago, birdman said:

Still can't see Jack celebrating with the City fans. Doesn't compute with me! 

Don Smith seems very relaxed too. 

So I'm still in the Jack stays camp...or should I say green gazebo. 

Sounds like a terrible the clash remix

• Haha 1

The whole Villa squad are staying at the Lensbury Resort in Teddington (SW London), it's about 10 mins from where I live so I just nipped down there on my lunch break.

Spoke to Ollie Watkins (who's a really nice guy by the way) outside the hotel and he said they're there until Thursday before going back to Brum. Didn't mention anything about the Jack situation but then I didn't really bring it up. 

It's obvious what Villa are doing. They're trying to get JWP, Tammy etc in before they announce the sale of Grealish, which makes a lot of sense. Obviously still hopeful he stays but I doubt they're going to sign all those players and keep Jack as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

The whole Villa squad are staying at the Lensbury Resort in Teddington (SW London), it's about 10 mins from where I live so I just nipped down there on my lunch break.

Spoke to Ollie Watkins (who's a really nice guy by the way) outside the hotel and he said they're there until Thursday before going back to Brum. Didn't mention anything about the Jack situation but then I didn't really bring it up

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, nick76 said:

because they dont leak, they havent for 3 years and since Lange has come in that security has got tighter.  There is no benefit for them to leak, they dont like it, dont want it and do everything to stop it.  Stand back from the Grealish situation, surely you can see that from the years under this ownership they dont leak.  They only announce when they are ready and one of the reasons we have no credible ITK's or journalists anymore.  The closet we have is Percy who does tap ins five minutes beforehand but nobody else.  I dont need to believe, it's factual that the club dont leak isnt it?

Anyway I have to go!

Every single one of our signings this summer were reported in the press days and weeks before we officially confirmed it. 

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Spoke to Ollie Watkins (who's a really nice guy by the way) outside the hotel and he said they're there until Thursday before going back to Brum. Didn't mention anything about the Jack situation but then I didn't really bring it up. 

You can literally just pop in and chat with the players?  Should have hung around in the bushes until Grealish came out!

Â