The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

4 years left on contact.    Maybe nothing is happening at all.    

Villa got a bid from Man City and ignored it.

Grealish is just training and getting on with preparing for the season.

Simples.

(I don't actually believe this, just speculating).

Not a bad way to speculate. 

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

This year it is just rumours.

One guy says it and the rest swarm in just in case he actually does know something.

Indeed... the amount of times we see a story appear based on another story "as reported by....". Then you get the 'exclusives' where it's the same story but some extra detail that can never be disproven is added to the mix. "Wow, Ron Caramel must really must have the inside scoop!"

Even if you have genuine connections at the club, like John Percy does, he can only know what he's knows: i.e. what he's told. In the absence of anything being told, even Percy has to speculate in order to get traffic and subscribers to the Torygraph. 

In this instance, City will be more keen to get info, or certainly their wishes, to their friendly press as that helps ramp up the volume about their transfer business.

Villa aren't saying anything apart from carrying on as normal as can be.

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I can't think of many things more 'baller' than getting a £100m bid from Manchester City and just... ignoring them.

Do you think they'd chase up with a phone call - "hi receptionist, did you get my fax from 6 days ago?"

Just now, ender4 said:

Do you think they'd chase up with a phone call - "hi receptionist, did you get my fax from 6 days ago?"

"Due to covid, our wait times are higher than usual. Please hold, your call is very important to us"

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Providing there is no release clause, I'm guessing that NSWE/Purslow are playing hardball over the price. If Jack's first choice was to stay at Villa then we would already know, and Man City would have been politely but firmly told to go away. That indicates that Jack is up for the move to Man City and is having to wait patiently while negotiations take place.

This does make a lot of sense...

but if this was the case, we must surely be looking at replacement targets and putting bids in elsewhere at the same time.   Yet its eerily very quiet on that front.  Not even a fake twitter rumour as to replacements.

This is my guess at trying to make sense of the whole situation as it stands (not itk, just a guess):

City have put in a bid worth the release clause amount of £100m, but the two clubs can’t agree on the structure of that deal. City want to amortise the deal over a number of years, but Villa want money upfront to spend this summer on their targets to replace Jack. 

There is some deadline between the clubs for a deal to be agreed otherwise Villa won’t sanction a deal as they won’t have time to bring in replacements. So the longer this goes on, and Villa remain strong, the more likely Grealish stays. Either that or City budge and structure the deal with cash upfront, and the deal goes through. 

City won’t want to structure their deal with too much cash upfront because they won’t have a chance of signing Kane this summer. Even if they sell players it will be hard for them to impose the same structure that Villa want on multiple players. Given that Kane is now actively trying to push through a deal City don’t want to get burnt with a costly structure for Grealish and not managing to sign a wantaway Kane. 

Will Jack go? Maybe, it depends on the clubs agreeing a structure. But I would guess it would be City compromising so that we can get our replacements in, if it does happen. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

This does make a lot of sense...

but if this was the case, we must surely be looking at replacement targets and putting bids in elsewhere at the same time.   Yet its eerily very quiet on that front.  Not even a fake twitter rumour as to replacements.

We've been told Tammy, JWP and Tuanzebe. We're all ignoring it and saying we could do it all. 

The signs are absolutely there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadridVilla said:

This is my guess at trying to make sense of the whole situation as it stands (not itk, just a guess):

City have put in a bid worth the release clause amount of £100m, but the two clubs can’t agree on the structure of that deal. City want to amortise the deal over a number of years, but Villa want money upfront to spend this summer on their targets to replace Jack. 

There is some deadline between the clubs for a deal to be agreed otherwise Villa won’t sanction a deal as they won’t have time to bring in replacements. So the longer this goes on, and Villa remain strong, the more likely Grealish stays. Either that or City budge and structure the deal with cash upfront, and the deal goes through. 

City won’t want to structure their deal with too much cash upfront because they won’t have a chance of signing Kane this summer. Even if they sell players it will be hard for them to impose the same structure that Villa want on multiple players. Given that Kane is now actively trying to push through a deal City don’t want to get burnt with a costly structure for Grealish and not managing to sign a wantaway Kane. 

Will Jack go? Maybe, it depends on the clubs agreeing a structure. But I would guess it would be City compromising so that we can get our replacements in, if it does happen. 

Which essentially aligns with Fab Romano’s tweet that if goes on beyond the week than Grealish will re-sign. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

This is what I think which is why I expect incomings and for Jack to continue his ‘training’ until we have been able to reinvest the 100m. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

Just now, theboyangel said:

Just as quick as if a fee had been agreed with City and just down to personal terms etc.

im sure, which either way this results in, the solution won’t be quick as there’ll be a lot of minute detail to consider.

if there’s another new contract offer, I imagine Jack’s agent will insist on a release/buy out clause installed - that figure could take a while to satisfy both club and player. 

the main thing is he’s still here, training and not hiding from the public. Big positives. 

I like the positive attitude. I have none of that :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

It think, your points are feasible.

but we are negotiations for a player we don't want to sell, why should we be flexible to make it easy for them, unless of course the owners have arrived at a place where they are happy with the fee.

They either have the money or they don't, we are not here to make life easy for Man City.

It seems fairly clear to me Jack wants to go, but the club need to be sure they are happy too...hence the delay, I guess.....Incremental payments shed a different light on the £100 mill imo, it negates the impact of the sum.

This deal is far from done imo.

Â