The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Wouldn’t Villa want the bid off the table to hold more leverage in their discussions with Jacks agent? With it the agent can dangle that infront of Villa demanding more money? 

Of course we would, but Jack and his agent aren't going to do that - nor would anyone. I think the club would have stumped-up a new contract for Jack irrespective of any bids, but this ensures that the best possible deal is on the table for Jack.

IF there is a release clause, and it's been triggered, then we have to ask why Jack is still here. If there's no release clause, then the club hold all the cards.

• Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Wanna bet?

Odds on odds meaning something are currently 7/1. But if this bet gets made, they'll move into 4/1.

And then 15 pages of speculation will ensue. 5 people will be bold enough to lump £50 on. Thus, the odds will move into 2/1. And then 15 pages of speculation will ensue....

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Last year there wasn't multiple reports confirming a record breaking bid.

Last year is was just rumours. 

This year it is just rumours.

One guy says it and the rest swarm in just in case he actually does know something.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Odds on odds meaning something are currently 7/1. But if this bet gets made, they'll move into 4/1.

And then 15 pages of speculation will ensue. 5 people will be bold enough to lump £50 on. Thus, the odds will move into 2/1. And then 15 pages of speculation will ensue....

You paying 7's mate? Where do I send the money ? 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Again, I'm not saying an official announcement. But do you seriously believe no info would be passed to a trusted journo if there was zero truth to this bid. 

Why would we want the continued circus of this, if in fact no bid had been made?

because they dont leak, they havent for 3 years and since Lange has come in that security has got tighter.  There is no benefit for them to leak, they dont like it, dont want it and do everything to stop it.  Stand back from the Grealish situation, surely you can see that from the years under this ownership they dont leak.  They only announce when they are ready and one of the reasons we have no credible ITK's or journalists anymore.  The closet we have is Percy who does tap ins five minutes beforehand but nobody else.  I dont need to believe, it's factual that the club dont leak isnt it?

Anyway I have to go!

When this all blows over it'll probably come down to something weird and ridiculous likethe release clause was put in last summer specifically for Man United* or some bollocks like that.

So they've hit the fee but not triggered the clause because they actually cannot and so we're waiting to convince Jack before we accept the fee we told him we'd accept last year. But we haven't been forced into accepting the bid yet as they haven't actually triggered the clause.

*Not exactly this, but some weird, bizarre clause that has held the whole thing up.

• Like 1

Have City tried to use this Jack saga to make Kane push for a transfer? I’m not saying they don’t want Jack but they possibly leaked that things would be done to alert Kane that money is going elsewhere?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Okay, whilst I'm not convinced by Axel and Tammy right now, this hit hard. 😆

I still cringe at that video...

I think the only way to top it is some sort of Hulk remake.

Get Jack accidentally shot by a laser, putting on a Man City shirt, looking like he is about to sign a contract, and then Hulking Out, his muscles ripping the shirt into tatters, and turning into a giant Claret and Blue monster and smashing up the City conference room.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

On second thought I think that any move for Grealish is probably all tied up with the Kane interest now. If you believe city when they cry poverty then they cannot afford to buy both Kane and Grealish, which would cost a combined c. £230 to 250m. It’s very likely that Kane is the priority position for them given the departure of Agüero. That deal looks harder to do because of Levy but presumably they are going to throw everything at it before they give up and settle on Grealish. 

This seems the most likely scenario to me. And I think they will get Kane because I just can't see Levy turning down all that cash. 

OK, I'm clutching at straws like everybody else.

4 years left on contact.    Maybe nothing is happening at all.    

Villa got a bid from Man City and ignored it.

Grealish is just training and getting on with preparing for the season.

Simples.

(I don't actually believe this, just speculating).

Just now, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I still cringe at that video...

I think the only way to top it is some sort of Hulk remake.

Get Jack accidentally shot by a laser, putting on a Man City shirt, looking like he is about to sign a contract, and then Hulking Out, his muscles ripping the shirt into tatters, and turning into a giant Claret and Blue monster and smashing up the City conference room.

A marvel film I could actually get around

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

When this all blows over it'll probably come down to something weird and ridiculous likethe release clause was put in last summer specifically for Man United* or some bollocks like that.

So they've hit the fee but not triggered the clause because they actually cannot and so we're waiting to convince Jack before we accept the fee we told him we'd accept last year. But we haven't been forced into accepting the bid yet as they haven't actually triggered the clause.

*Not exactly this, but some weird, bizarre clause that has held the whole thing up.

Yes I’m very much ready for this to all be done so we can finally understand what has actually happened.

Just now, ender4 said:

4 years left on contact.    Maybe nothing is happening at all.    

Villa got a bid from Man City and ignored it.

Grealish is just training and getting on with preparing for the season.

Simples.

(I don't actually believe this, just speculating).

I can't think of many things more 'baller' than getting a £100m bid from Manchester City and just... ignoring them.

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why? we never normally know and yes this is different because of all the speculation but in fact it isnt to them.  They will be negotiating a contract which will have back and forth between Jack's agent and Villa.  Nobody will say they are negotiating just in case it doesnt eventuate to something.

You can argue either way but if we were in serious negotiations with City we would know about it or if we were in serious negotiations with Jack about a new deal we would know about it.  The fact we havent heard a whisper about either tells you they either dont want us to know or nothing is happening.  It all depends if you how you are feeling about it all.  I'm comfortable believing he is staying for many reasons, you think he's leaving based on what you are seeing.

I'm 50/50 sitting on the fence if that helps?

• Like 1

Providing there is no release clause, I'm guessing that NSWE/Purslow are playing hardball over the price. If Jack's first choice was to stay at Villa then we would already know, and Man City would have been politely but firmly told to go away. That indicates that Jack is up for the move to Man City and is having to wait patiently while negotiations take place.

Of course, if there is a release clause then all we could have done was to try and persuade Jack to stay with a huge contract boost plus insider news of who else we are trying to sign to make him look even better this coming season. I think that will have already been done and a final decision reached, so the longer it takes to resolve the situation the more likely it is that he will end up at Man City.  (in my opinion)

Â