The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

30 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

What makes you think that? 

I don't know, that's why I'm asking. I've not been following this thread all day. 

Why is it more likely he will stay (apart from betting odds, which don't tell us anything)?

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't know, that's why I'm asking. I've not been following this thread all day. 

Why is it more likely he will stay (apart from betting odds, which don't tell us anything)?

1. Grealish was training today.

2. He was late coming out for the afternoon session.

3. Had conversations with Dean and Lange (multiple). These were in public.

4. A guy had been tweeting videos updating and said Jack seemed much more upbeat after lunch.

5. A guy with possible ties to WE said Jack is staying.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Is it? How do you know that?

Grealish is special, so unique and Pep's kind of player.

Because they need a striker more?

Further more, it's obvious I was putting the scenario for thoughts out there based on events, and what most people would agree they require more as a team.

They also bid for Kane first, by reports..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Folski said:

I don’t buy that. If it’s 100m release clause (which we don’t know) it’s surely just 100m straight up. If not I could pay villa £1 today and   £10 for the next 10 million years.

I think he’s staying I don’t think we bring him back a day early if he’s not and parade him.

Exactly. Citeh might think it’s a reasonable to offer the amount in instalments, as most transfers are done. Villa are happy to remind citeh and Jack’s agent that their bid isn’t to the value and/or structure they want. Meanwhile Jack’s in a win-win position of a huge pay rise playing for his boyhood club on the up, or earning even more money and almost guaranteed trophies.

All just conjecture on my behalf.

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone feel like Man City might be playing off Kane vs. Grealish?

The figure which keeps being bandied about is 100 mill.

Kane mentioned. " I might not be worth 100 mill " next year when being interviewed. about wanting to move to Man City earlier.

City top target is Kane, Grealish 2nd. They aren't getting anywhere with Kane, so offer 100 mill for Jack.

This causes Kane to lose his shit and get finnicky, as he knows it's either him or Jack, and sees his move slipping away.

Hence he goes on strike to try to force a move.

City then sit back and see if their plan worked.

It’s definitely one possibility. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I think the CJ Golson guy is what everyone in the “he’s staying” camp is clinging too. Legit ITK guy but mostly NFL and NBA with minor dabblings in soccer.

I did see this tweet (but thanks), but I dunno, it wouldn't be enough for me to switch from 'most likely going' to 'most likely staying'. 

Apologies if this has already been posted. But how is Andy Townsend so out of touch with Villa fan opinion? The opening couple of mins of this is a big skip of dog shit

Don't want to beat up on Townsend too much, don't think he's on the wind up at all, but he's miles off IMO

6 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

We have actually conversed about NCAA before in the appropriate thread my good man ( Remember when you beat Nonce State and there was a pitch invasion ?)

You're either drunk or just forgot.😀  

I wasn’t drinking at the time, Mrs MNVillan was going through chemotherapy. Season ticket holders but obviously couldn’t go to the game with the medical restrictions. F****** lost it and both started crying when we won.

I’m also drunk and did forget. Anyway, I’m about 60% convinced Jack’s staying. I’d be much more convinced except Minnesota sports have taught me to always hedge my bets. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Apologies if this has already been posted. But how is Andy Townsend so out of touch with Villa fan opinion? The opening couple of mins of this is a big skip of dog shit

Don't want to beat up on Townsend too much, don't think he's on the wind up at all, but he's miles off IMO

Watched this about an hour ago, didn’t think it was that bad, Andy was being honest in his opinion, believes the lure of Pep etc will sway Jack.

Im lucky I live in Australia and outside the bubble, it would be driving me crazy.

• Like 1

Just now, MNVillan said:

I wasn’t drinking at the time, Mrs MNVillan was going through chemotherapy. Season ticket holders but obviously couldn’t go to the game with the medical restrictions. F****** lost it and both started crying when we won.

I’m also drunk and did forget. Anyway, I’m about 60% convinced Jack’s staying. I’d be much more convinced except Minnesota sports have taught me to always hedge my bets. 

I hope she's doing well dude.

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

Watched this about an hour ago, didn’t think it was that bad, Andy was being honest in his opinion, believes the lure of Pep etc will sway Jack.

Im lucky I live in Australia and outside the bubble, it would be driving me crazy.

Oh yeah I think he's being honest. I'm just surprised he thinks the Villa fanbase have already come round to "accepting" it and will give Jack a polite round of applause when he arrives at Villa Park. I don't see that happening.

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Oh yeah I think he's being honest. I'm just surprised he thinks the Villa fanbase have already come round to "accepting" it and will give Jack a polite round of applause when he arrives at Villa Park. I don't see that happening.

I've seen multiple posts of Villa fans saying they will on other sites and FB and going mad at anyone saying he doesn't deserve the move. Usually Townsend winds me up but thought was decent comments on the whole.

I think what a lot of the commentators can't grasp is a lot of football fans in general are sick to the back teeth of City spending huge to make the PL even more unbalanced especially after news about the dodgy financials court case and ESL debacle.

Saw a Leeds Twitter guy recently saying after ESL Manure spending and if Man City get Grealish and Kane the PL is a complete farce and he hopes Grealish signs new deal at Villa

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I agree with Townsend and he does say several times he might be very wrong. Seems actually quite in touch, I felt the opposite of what you've said there. 

First thing that wound me up was the presenter saying you can't expect loyalty from a man that swapped Ireland for England. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

There’s always going to be fans who have different opinions. I’ve supported  the club since the mid 70’s so my opinion of what a legend is would be different to someone who’s watched since the 1950’s or since 2005. 

Yes Jack potentially is the best player Villa has ever developed, but for me that is different to being a club legend.

Townsend lifted a trophy as Villa captain. I doubt many would consider him a Villa legend. 

• Like 4

Ian Taylor is a club legend . But would not be recognised by most fans of other clubs if he was walking down the street.

Jack Grealish has the potential to be a football legend who will also be recognised by non football people all over the world. Whether he decides that will be by remaining with Villa or joining Citeh doesnt matter. .he is box office now.

• Like 1

Â