The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I just can’t see it, why would you being a millionaire football player cancel a service that probably costs you at most £150 a month before you’ve even signed anything and tell the service provider where you’re moving too. You just wouldn’t. 

It's not the player, it's the family member. And it's not the kind of service you're thinking of, I am being coy. You don't have to believe it tbh, I don't really care. But there we are. 

53 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Actually that's not quite true.

Harry Kane is refusing to train, Grealish is training in a public park and Bielsa has spotted him sitting on a park bench with Dean Smith.

This is a load of bull!!

Bielsa obviously there to see if the team is good enough for Raphina😂

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Didn’t we do training camp in Portugal a few years ago? I thought training camps away were somewhat normal for teams?

They are. Presumably they decided not to do one abroad this summer with some players coming back late.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Jack 🤝Lange

It's getting closer to time

Fair play to the guy he's booked a room for the night. Dedicated. 

Excited to see how he reacts when he realises the negotiation won't be in the field. He'll have to pull a John McClane to get a good view inside the room

image.gif.8489153adcbc89cfba951f0e6b144b07.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, Xela said:

I went back a few years on this thread - in about 2016, Jack was described as the poor man's Barry Bannan :D 

Think there was definitely a period around 2016/17 when it looked as if he wouldn't live up to the potential. IIRC he really kicked on after that freak kidney injury at the beginning of the 17/18 season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You keep saying this but absolutely no evidence points to him leaving.

All we have is that City have bid for him

He has a 4 year contract and despite all the speculation it was being completed over the weekend we are 5.30pm on Tuesday with nothing.  In fact he’s trained two days on the trot with us and mixing with other players and staff.

What actually points to him leaving?  Speculation is not an answer because we don’t know how credible any of it is, in fact we know probably most of it is made up.  Even the phantom release clause seems to have disappeared apart from Sam Lee grasping at straws.

So what evidence (not speculation) leads you to believe Jack is leaving?

Because it’s a move he wanted? And now it’s been offered to him on a plate. The club aren’t going to trap him here and I don’t think that would be a good idea anyway. 

I’d love to be wrong but I just absolutely can’t see it.

5 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

I don’t think he fully expected the meteoric rise in his marketing profile that happened in the buildup me during the euros

Exactly. He got a taste of that level of juice and he liked it. Man City provide him more of that juice. We can't just yet. Southgate selecting Jack was bad news for Villa. 

3 hours ago, Midfielder said:

It's late for me to say this, but I cannot think of seeing again, such an amazing, enviable, literally beautiful footballing intersection in our lives as fans whereby we have a Villa fan as manager, as captain, with a back-room and exec infrastructure that get things right. It's like the ultimate goldilocks zone for our growth and gradual rise up the table to get the club back to where it belongs and we have missed that until recent times. This steady growth is no fluke, it is a by-product of a well run plan that has buy-in from all levels of the club. Look at the quality of our emerging talent, I can honestly say I have never been so excited by our youth as much as I am at present. Whether it is the standard of player we source young from other clubs lately or those already in the development squads knocking on the gaffer's door to get into a matchday squad. Everything, is right with us, as things stand anyway. 

Jack - please, the superstar life with Man City, the medals, the glory, the wages and perks, the Champions League games... I totally get the attraction. Intrinsically though, deep down, you have a club / employer for life here that will do everything for you. A fanbase that idolises you. Everything is moving in the right direction, jigsaw pieces such as Buendia and Bailey show the progression. You are 25, not quite young, almost "in his prime" years, from what I have seen, it is scary then, that you're not even at your peak yet. De Bruyne etc would be amazing to play with, sure, would help add something to your game. But nobody is guaranteed a start at City, whereas here, you are captain and the life and soul currently of this club. The players we have and are signing, will allow you freedom, lessen the creative burden we have come to depend on from you. The trickery to come, from Bailey and Buendia, their ability to draw players to the ball, exactly the way you do... it is going to be a different season. You will have total oversight of that as captain, our manager on-the-pitch, extreme footballing weaponry at your disposal.

Stick around. See it through. Be part of what is coming. It could be something special, even more so with you. After this last year and all what has come of it, sometimes in life the best thing to do is to stick to what you know and what matters deep down. With you here, we are art. 

With love and hope... a guy in his 40s.

Never mind your post, where the frig have you been hiding?! :D 

11 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Grealish saga aside, can anyone explain why we seem to be having a kick about in a local park when we have multi million pound training facilities?!

Just a bit of a change of scenery I guess, same as they normally go abroad for a week. 

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Because it’s a move he wanted? And now it’s been offered to him on a plate. The club aren’t going to trap him here and I don’t think that would be a good idea anyway. 

I’d love to be wrong but I just absolutely can’t see it.

How the heck do you know it’s the move he wanted?! I guarantee no 25yr old grew up dreaming of playing for crappy Manchester City!

Â