The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

My ITK by the way was from a family member (an actual one, not a bloody cousin) to a service provider informing them they would no longer be requiring their services as they are moving to some swanky town where all the Manchester based footballers live. It was verified by the source and the source is impeccable. 

However this family member is a bit of an idiot, judging by even more recent events. I still believe the story, but I no longer believe they actually know what the hell they are talking about. Unless Jack has bottled telling the club yet, or has had a change of heart. Or any number of things that could have happened since. 

My head still says he leaves, but while my heart is still beating there is hope. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This is all rather simple for me. 

Man City have put a bid in that meets our theoretical valuation, and they are used to getting their way so would (fairly) assume the deal is done. 

Only it isn't. It is still in Grealish's hands. And here we are, actually no closer to a resolution until the moment we are over the precipice. 

Not really - think of the litigation involved in buying a £250k house.

Now rack that up to £100m - there's loads to be done even after the fee agreed.

Jack's agent will need to be happy with everything before Jack gets the call to sign. This could easily drag on into next week.

29 minutes ago, YLN said:

Sky Sports article - Grealish returns to training after £100m Man City bid

There is an implication here that he had been missing training because he was negotiating with Man City, or more likely throwing a strop.

And of course it's neither, but that doesn't matter.

Total words removed….

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So you reckon there is a clause that’s been met or we’ve accepted the bid?

If I was to hazard a guess it's either a clause, or if Jack hands in a transfer request we will negotiate but they're in the right ballpark. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

My ITK by the way was from a family member (an actual one, not a bloody cousin) to a service provider informing them they would no longer be requiring their services as they are moving to some swanky town where all the Manchester based footballers live. It was verified by the source and the source is impeccable. 

However this family member is a bit of an idiot, judging by even more recent events. I still believe the story, but I no longer believe they actually know what the hell they are talking about. Unless Jack has bottled telling the club yet, or has had a change of heart. Or any number of things that could have happened since. 

My head still says he leaves, but while my heart is still beating there is hope. 

If they are an idiot… why are you believing their story?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Not really - think of the litigation involved in buying a £250k house.

Now rack that up to £100m - there's loads to be done even after the fee agreed.

Jack's agent will need to be happy with everything before Jack gets the call to sign. This could easily drag on into next week.

"Not really" what? Not sure what you're disagreeing with? I don't think it will be a case of clicking the fingers and *poof* he's gone. 

8 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

There a video doing the rounds of him bantering with gaffer on the training pitch

Unlike a lot of our fans, Deano is a professional and reasonable human being and understands that this is a tough choice for Jack and only wants the best for him…

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Orrrr just an elaborate story to change providers haha. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This is all rather simple for me. 

Man City have put a bid in that meets our theoretical valuation, and they are used to getting their way so would (fairly) assume the deal is done. 

Only it isn't. It is still in Grealish's hands. And here we are, actually no closer to a resolution until the moment we are over the precipice. 

It feels like it is up to Grealish now. He's seen the City deal and likes the terms (who wouldn't), City have seemingly paid the release fee (or Gentlemans agreement fee or whatever) according to Journos; and Jack has been in meetings today about a new villa deal (probably). If Jack can't / won't agree new terms with Villa today then he's offski. I don't think any of the training vids released today change that. He's a professional and villa are a professional outfit and he has been employed here a long time and has total trust, so I see no reason he wouldn't stay with the squad until the decision was announced.  

• Like 1

I think the picture is starting to become clearer. 

Not all done and dusted. 

I personally think Jack wants to leave. If he didn't, then we'd have a contract announcement by now. 

I also think he's clearly not going to kick off. 

So we're in a situation where either we accept the bid or Jack kicks off. I'm not confident but I think we will put up a fight. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I think the picture is starting to become clearer. 

Not all done and dusted. 

I personally think Jack wants to leave. If he didn't, then we'd have a contract announcement by now. 

I also think he's clearly not going to kick off. 

So we're in a situation where either we accept the bid or Jack kicks off. I'm not confident but I think we will put up a fight. 

Watching that video (the one that got deleted) he looks sheepish AF to me…

I just can’t see it, why would you being a millionaire football player cancel a service that probably costs you at most £150 a month before you’ve even signed anything and tell the service provider where you’re moving too. You just wouldn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â