The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If Jack does decide to stay, I think it’ll take a Europa league spot this season to prevent him from leaving next summer (whether that be by winning one of the cups or through our position in the table). Don’t see him giving up the opportunity to play in Europe for his boyhood club, but if we don’t make it this season, I think it’s fair if he decides he wants to win trophies in his prime and goes elsewhere. 

• Like 3

What grates me the most is that Grealish hasn’t commented about his future and returned to training as normal and yet the circus is still a hundred times worse than Kane, who has skipped training and has consistently expressed a desire to leave. Goes to show the favouritism for the ‘Big Six’ and London sides that the press have. Hope City get neither of them with Grealish staying and Kane goes to Llanfairpwll F.C.

9 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I have this horrible feeling that he will stay, sign a bumper contract and be crocked for the next 5 years…

At which point we would be able to claim on the insurance.

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

I've been busy for the last 5 hours, I've noticed 30 pages have been added. Has anything actually happened today? Please can someone give me a summary? 

Man City have bid for grealish

Club don't want to sell

Grealish only has 1 hairband

More to follow in due course 

7 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I have this horrible feeling that he will stay, sign a bumper contract and be crocked for the next 5 years…

Must admit that's crossed my mind. And wonder if that's why selling him is under consideration. £200k PW on a 4 year deal is absolutely huge money.

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Gabby destroyed his legacy with his attitude and behaviour … only has his self to blame for wasting away his career and blatant disrespect towards the fans and club. Jack’s case is completely different and not comparable unless you base it on cold stats alone … 

I was always think of Gabby when I hear the lyric "Scout yourself as a one man team, you're a one club man denied a testimonial" from For Whom The Belly Tolls by Los Campesinos!

Jack on the other hand, will have a Villa testimonial.

• Like 1

Just now, ender4 said:

Nothing has happened. The end.

Actually that's not quite true.

Harry Kane is refusing to train, Grealish is training in a public park and Bielsa has spotted him sitting on a park bench with Dean Smith.

Just now, TheStagMan said:

At which point we would be able to claim on the insurance.

Would we ? 

I thought that was only if he was forced to retire through injury. Not if keeps missing chunks of the season.

Just now, romavillan said:

I dunno if they are making a £100m bid, the British record transfer fee, I would think they would know what erms to offer through Jack's agent and that a deal was possible. Hopefully Jack wants to stay though. You'd think that now itìs down to what he wants and not anything else.

My point was whether he’d definitely go.  Easy doing terms etc with an agent and joining the champions you expect him to be interested.   But definitely certain I’m not sure about it.

I don’t think it’s just down to Jack either.  I know players have a lot of power but the club still hold many cards in this.

2 minutes ago, jimmyhota_avfc said:

If Jack does decide to stay, I think it’ll take a Europa league spot this season to prevent him from leaving next summer (whether that be by winning one of the cups or through our position in the table). Don’t see him giving up the opportunity to play in Europe for his boyhood club, but if we don’t make it this season, I think it’s fair if he decides he wants to win trophies in his prime and goes elsewhere. 

Isn't it mental that playing in that shite means so much to people.  

5 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I've been busy for the last 5 hours, I've noticed 30 pages have been added. Has anything actually happened today? Please can someone give me a summary? 

Here is what has actually happened in the last few hours:

You are welcome.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Would we ? 

I thought that was only if he was forced to retire through injury. Not if keeps missing chunks of the season.

Oh, I see, they way you worded it I took as being permanently crocked. Sorry

Â