The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Shirtman said:

Feel a bit sorry for Leon Bailey. He should be the main news, but, with all this stuff about Jack, his thread today has been limited to a handful of postings.

Guys' just got himself a probable 80-100k a week contract for 5 years mate. Not sure you need to feel that sorry for him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

So I think so too but it surprised me a lot of the people on here didn't think so.

If he leaves and he does so in a respectful way (not doing what Kane is currently doing) and the club gets value, I don't see why that should tarnish him at all.

It's massively disappointing and it'll hurt bigtime but he's pretty much carried this club for a few years now and if he genuinely felt like he couldn't achieve what he wanted to here I'd say go. I think if the owners are serious then they need to be able to convince him that the vision is real and achievable.

Gabby will have more villa goals and more assists than Jack if he leaves now, and has helped villa to much higher positions.

Do you consider Gabby a legend?

Define legend, particularly in comparison to a brilliant player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If your employer knows you are leaving he keeps you the hell away.

Yep, depending on your profession you'd be straight on garden leave.

There's nothing in it for us to have him around if he's definitely off. 

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A villa fan has posted the below on the city forum. 

Back again I'm afraid lads. Grealish is due for talks with the Owners, Chief Exec & Dean Smith at some point today. Bid hasn't been accepted yet as they are obviously planning to throw everything at him to keep him but Grealish has already made it clear through his agents that he wants to join City. Problem is he did this with Man Utd last season and then they got hold of him alone and he agreed to stay. Personally I still think he will go this time, massive difference between joining Man Utd or City these days and I think the pull will be too much. 

Wouldn't look into him training with the rest of the team too much, he's just fulfilling his duties as per his contract. Interesting that Kane obviously seen that Grealish was as good as done and made a desperate attempt to jump ahead of him though.

Sounds believable to be fair.

sorry if just broke a rule posting that mods…please let me know if I have.

Some fans are just so cringeworthy. Fancy going on a city forum to chit chat like some Villa ITK and lick arseholes. Proper gary glitter. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ender4 said:

This is going to drag on for a couple more days isn't it?

The more it drags on, it just reveals that any potential dealings Jack or the club have with Man City are far from being done.

Just now, ender4 said:

If he stays surely the vision is immediately real?  Add 1 more strong player and we easily have a team capable of being in the top 6.

Yeah but who are those players we need? Are they realistic? There's no doubt with the owners reported wealth we could make big signings but if we aren't (or can't for FFP reasons) going to do what Chelsea and Man City did in their early days and play moneyball then it's a multi-year project to get us to that challenging position. Asking a top player whose next 5 years will definitely be his peak years to commit that time to us, he has to believe we'll be challenging in that time. As I said earlier, it's a short career. He'll be a legend to me regardless if he leaves, provided he doesn't do anything disrespectful but it's clear that a lot of people on here don't feel that way.

12 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Screw it, I’ll give my two cents. Villa just posted five training pictures on Instagram. Only one of them had Jack in it, and he wasn’t the focal point in any. However, he was beaming in the background, looked happy to be back. He was also quickly shown in the circle video of warmups. The Social Media People aren’t stupid, they aren’t going to post anything with Jack involved if he’s certainly off.

I don't think he's certainly off, but I wouldn't read into that at all. It's pretty obvious they've taken a halfway house approach because they have no idea. I'm not sure anyone knows for sure except Jack himself and maybe his agent. I'm sure the picture is becoming clearer this evening. We'll know by midweek I would have thought. 

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

Gabby will have more villa goals and more assists than Jack if he leaves now, and has helped villa to much higher positions.

Do you consider Gabby a legend?

Define legend, particularly in comparison to a brilliant player.

I can't define legend. It's surely subjective. Although I was alive, I was too young to remember McGrath, though I acknowledge from what I've seen he was clearly a great player. The favourite players I remember were Laursen, Milner, Angel, Mellberg. Gabby was a good servant to the club but ultimately he was never in the same class of player as any of those or Grealish.

That's just my opinion though.

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It'd be great for the number of pages in this thread if they just didn't announce anything, Jack continued to train and play friendlies and we rolled on through the transfer deadline without ever making a public call on it

You might be joking, but there is a chance that is what will happen!    Help our sanity!!

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Twitter guff, but apparently media stuff to come within the hour.

God, I hope it's over soon, I don't want to be hanging on the end of twitter rumours again for at least 12 months...

If he stays, even if he signs a massive new contract, we will certainly be going through this again either until he leaves or he's past his prime. It's the cost of having a brilliant player in the team.

• Like 3

For all the Citeh talk about other players training before joining the, isn't the absolute norm for players to train alone when they are leaving? You see those reports all the time.

21 minutes ago, ender4 said:

This is going to drag on for a couple more days isn't it?

Every day longer the more likely he is to stay and/or we will outright reject any further approaches. 

12 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

If he leaves and he does so in a respectful way (not doing what Kane is currently doing) and the club gets value, I don't see why that should tarnish him at all.

My problem is that he isn’t a legend yet anyway, he’s on his way definitely to legend status but still has some to go.  

If he left he’d be turning his back on us at the best point we’ve been at in a very long time.  Turning his back now there will be a significant portion of fans that wouldn’t remember him in a good light at all because of him leaving.  Doesn’t matter how he leaves it’s because he’s one of us but he’s leaving us when we need him.

I don’t think he’s leaving but if he did, it would very much sour my view of him.

Â