The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I've never heard so many ITKs that know nothing. 

Hoping the club are investigating all these leaks coming out. Club shop i expect fired first then all the loud mouth physios

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hanky said:

The main issue with training is we are less than two weeks until the season starts. I understand he is fulfilling his contract but if he is off then why do we want him there?

It seems a very odd situation to me, especially the official Twitter putting video snippets up of him. Needs to be sorted now and not drag on all week so we can move into the season one way or another. 

He hasn’t had the chat yet. I think they must have decided it would look weird if he didn’t follow the schedule. But right after training he’s being yanked into a room with Dean, Purslow and NSWE on the blower.

Just now, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

If you have a contract for a job, you still go to work the next day, even if you are about to hand in your notice three days later.

Him turning up to training is definitely a sign of massive respect, unlike Neanderthal-Kane. But don’t think it’s a sign he is nailed on to stay.

BUT! If you don’t think all the players are in his ear telling him to stay. That’s awesome - might hell. Having a laugh with SJM. It’s got to help on the margin. Kane doesn’t even want that in his ear - he’s out.

There are quite a few differences between being transferred between a football club, and switching jobs from Pro IT Ltd to Liquid Support Solutions Ltd.

For example, you probably haven't had fans of Liquid Support on your Instagram begging you to join the company for the last 2 years.

And if you break your ankle, you can still join. And if you are incapacitated by a serious injury, they can probably find someone else to join as Junior Account Manager in the space of a few days. And they probably aren't paying £100m for you.

Jack is an incredibly valuable asset to Villa / City, and it seems likely to me we would avoid any kind of full contact training or match play if a move to City has been confirmed. It's possible, but I think the Kane situation is more typical.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Hanky said:

The main issue with training is we are less than two weeks until the season starts. I understand he is fulfilling his contract but if he is off then why do we want him there?

It seems a very odd situation to me, especially the official Twitter putting video snippets up of him. Needs to be sorted now and not drag on all week so we can move into the season one way or another. 

If he was off or likely off and I was Dean, I'd have Jack doing gym and be working on playing without him. We Would need every minute to bed in the new guys and set new patterns of play without Jack so definitely wouldn't have him in normal training.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

I am itk on the fact that I don't know anything.

Despite having read what must be a million words on this subject over the weekend and today, I couldn't be more OUT the know, I should really just get some work done...

11 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

If you have a contract for a job, you still go to work the next day, even if you are about to hand in your notice three days later.

Him turning up to training is definitely a sign of massive respect, unlike Neanderthal-Kane. But don’t think it’s a sign he is nailed on to stay.

BUT! If you don’t think all the players are in his ear telling him to stay. That’s awesome - might help. Having a laugh with SJM. It’s got to help on the margin. Kane doesn’t even want that in his ear - he’s out.

If your employer knows you are leaving he keeps you the hell away.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Surely if he is imminently going to City, Dean and the management would have had the meeting asap at 9am with coffee rather than faffing about all day to see if the captain and the talisman of the team is going to pack his bags?

No, you want him back in the swing of things with his mates, making it clear what he’d be giving up.

Â