The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

If he's still training it has to mean that their is no agreement in principle. Villa can not at this stage have agreed a fee.

According to Bluemoon that is what happens everytime they sign someone and the player goes back and trains  with there team before saying goodbye 🤣😂🤣😂

I don't think the training images mean that much.  I mean surely if it was all good news, we would have had pictures with captions like "the skipper returns" or similar.

He has basically been blended into the background of the official pictures.  Not what the media team normally do with our captain.

Not looking good as far as I am concerned.

Just now, Craigy1874 said:

I don't think the training images mean that much.  I mean surely if it was all good news, we would have had pictures with captions like "the skipper returns" or similar.

He has basically been blended into the background of the official pictures.  Not what the media team normally do with our captain.

I think it's because he just genuinely hasn't made his mind up yet. After the meeting this afternoon/evening we should have a better idea. 

As you rightly say, I think he would be front and centre with "JG10" posts all over the official page if it was 100% staying. 

4 minutes ago, Craigy1874 said:

It is strange how there are actually more pictures of a man with a meatball head and ollie Watkins then the club's most popular player on the official site and in store You would think he would be all over the advertising campaign, especially given his rising prominence as a housewives favourite since euro 2020. 

That said it is easy to read too much Into it at this stage. 

Edited by Made In Aston

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Most likely it's because they're thrashing out his new contract and, until that's signed, the club are doing just enough to speak with the fans. Jack's agent knows he has a huge amount of leverage to squeeze every drop out of NSWE, but that's just the game. The more Jack says, the less leverage they have.

The fact that he's at training and on the O/S at all can only be a positive that any potential deal with City is far from done.

I like the way you think.

16 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think it's because he just genuinely hasn't made his mind up yet. After the meeting this afternoon/evening we should have a better idea. 

I think he has made his mind up.  He's known for ages what the situation is, he knew City would come in for him and he knew we would offer him the world.  We have yet to establish firstly whether Villa would even entertain a bid and if so what value that would be but excusing that for the time being if it was solely down to Jack he would've decided by now what he was going to do.

Not everybody may know around him what that is because of agreeing a new deal with Villa or whatever but he will have made his decision by now.  If people around him know then I would think they would be executing it now from contract discussions and so forth and in the next 48 hours we'll know what that is because whoever wins will want to showcase it.

I think they are just finalising his extension to his Villa contract and we'll see some signing thing soon (in the next day or so).

I just cant see him being still unsure now.  It will have been a massive decision but the train is moving.

I think the conversation went, that Jack said he doesnt know and thus the owners said fair enough we will reject all offers and here’s a new deal.  Game over for City.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Craigy1874 said:

I don't think the training images mean that much. 

I disagree. It tells us that this is not a done deal, that all was needed was the medical and his signature and that it's not going to be done immediately he returns from holiday.  Which is what 80% of supposedly ITK's were saying.

It also says there is still a chance he stays. At worst he's going to listen to our offer and plan's.

It's not a done deal basically or else he'd be with them finalising the deal.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

There could also be legal reasons and contractual reasons why there’s no announcement yet. From the club perspective it’s business as usual and why wouldn’t it be? 

It is business as usual. 

Unless Man City table an offer which we accept, then Grealish will build up his fitness and captain us against Sevilla at the weekend. 

Twitter and Journos think because we are so blessed that Man City want to give our billionaire owners some pocket change, we should be grateful and hand deliver Grealish to the slums of Manchester. Until that moment, just because man City want him, he is now their property by default and we need to wrap him up. 

Edited by pas5898
Typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think he has made his mind up.  He's known for ages what the situation is, he knew City would come in for him and he knew we would offer him the world.  We have yet to establish firstly whether Villa would even entertain a bid and if so what value that would be but excusing that for the time being if it was solely down to Jack he would've decided by now what he was going to do.

Not everybody may know around him what that is because of agreeing a new deal with Villa or whatever but he will have made his decision by now.  If people around him know then I would think they would be executing it now from contract discussions and so forth and in the next 48 hours we'll know what that is because whoever wins will want to showcase it.

I think they are just finalising his extension to his Villa contract and we'll see some signing thing soon (in the next day or so).

I just cant see him being still unsure now.  It will have been a massive decision but the train is moving.

I think the conversation went, that Jack said he doesnt know and thus the owners said fair enough we will reject all offers and he's a new deal.  Game over for City.

Could be extremely similar to the Kalvin Phillips situation when we were in for him

Edited by MSvillain

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think the conversation went, that Jack said he doesnt know and thus the owners said fair enough we will reject all offers and he's a new deal.  Game over for City.

That's where I am leaning. If he has had serious thoughts to want to leave than any massive offer from City surely he would have done a Kane and just sat out any AVFC activity and told his agent to get it done asap. It would be in Villa's interest if he wanted to leave to do it quickly as there is about 2 weeks left of the transfer window.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Maybe Jack is staying and already has his new contract signed, but the club doesn't want to announce it because they want to keep City in a holding pattern and disrupt any other possible business they would get done if they miss out on Jack. To be clear, that's not at all what I believe is happening, but it'd be funny if it's what was happening. 😃

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

According to Bluemoon that is what happens everytime they sign someone and the player goes back and trains  with there team before saying goodbye 🤣😂🤣😂

iv eseen posts that they activated the buy out clause on friday so he has no reason to protest and skip training, instead he turns up trains and then has the big meeting today to confirm that he's leaving

thats logically flawed, if the clause was activated then what can villa do? everyone just sits and waits and carries on like life as normal until the paperwork is done?

if the clause was activated and he was going villa would tell him to stay away not come train and sign autographs

• Like 2

Â