The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What I'm hearing to the question  

“would you be ok to sign the contract?”

“I can’t, I already have one”

or

“I can’t, I only have one”

It's the latter. And he's talking about his headband. one of the kids asks him for it. He ignores the question about the contract.

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

The body language in that video isn't good. There's a bit of shame there because he's looking down a bit. Whether that's because he feels like he's already done wrong by going outside the Villa 'family' or if it's because he already knows he's gone is the question.

Or he's just sick and tired of the media circus and clowns hounding him from all sides.

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

The body language in that video isn't good. There's a bit of shame there because he's looking down a bit. Whether that's because he feels like he's already done wrong by going outside the Villa 'family' or if it's because he already knows he's gone is the question.

He had a bad Chinese Friday night, could be that.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Do you not think he'll already be a Villa legend? The local lad who came up through the ranks, got us promoted and stablised the club, probably the best player to wear the shirt since McGrath, beating Blues after taking a sucker punch to the head,  playing in an England squad that got to the first final since 66.

If he wants to leave now to win medals because deep down he doesn't believe the owners can get the club there then who am I to argue that?

Take the point about whether he wants be someone who forces the move or not but all players, even legendary ones get to the point where they look around, Shearer with Man U, Gerrard with Chelsea, Messi with PSG/Man City. 

If Ian Taylor is a Villa legend then surely Jack should be to? 

3 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Perhaps it's not a "move or sign new deal" situation.  It might be that he is simply carrying on with us under the existing contract.

Given we would absolutely throw the money at him if he said "give me another £100k per week or I'll go to Man City", why wouldn't he and his agent angle for that?

Okay, so here's my thoughts on the situation...

It makes no sense for us to be effectively keeping another team's player fit in pre-season if he was off.

It certainly wouldn't make sense to have him in our kit in such an accessible location. In addition, the club wouldn't dare toy with the fans by having him (unnecessarily) in this morning's Tweet.

My guess is that Jack is happy to stay, but he still needs to ensure that it's financially the right thing to do. He carries on with business as usual, whilst his agent tries to get him the very best contract at Villa that he can.

Hence, no comments from him, no comments from the club and no confirmations about bids being accepted or rejected. 

• Like 2

Just now, darrenm said:

Tbf it could be awkwardness at an absolute cringer barking inane questions at him. What a dick. Whether Jack leaves or not don't try and ruin a nice moment for a load of kids.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I think it’s more to do with the attention.  He loves attention but this is a very different and likely very overwhelming attention.  Doesn’t mean he’s staying or going imo.  He’s also very likely been given very detailed instructions from his media team.  For him, I think he’ll be relieved when he’s signed the Villa extension and get back to normal.

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Given we would absolutely throw the money at him if he said "give me another £100k per week or I'll go to Man City", why wouldn't he and his agent angle for that?

Perhaps (I know this has been debated to death) the current contract would make it easier to move clubs (e.g. release clause) and he wants to keep that flexibility for next year.

4 minutes ago, darrenm said:

This is the general consensus on Bluemoon

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

This is the general consensus on Bluemoon

Yeah he wouldn’t come over to fans for pictures if that was the case though.  He could easily avoid it without backlash.

Just now, Follyfoot said:
Team supported
City
Villatalk has certainly changed it's tune, vast majority on there now reckon it's a certainty he's staying

Is there another villatalk the troll farm are reading?

I think this is a carefully managed exercise to not make Jack look like the villain.

Be surprised if we're making it nice and comfortable for him to leave. Be bit annoying actually.

Â