The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Not just them. All the pundits have blown off the Buendia and Bailey signings as ‘spending the Grealish money’. Keep Jack, add one or two more (Alvarez, JWP) and suddenly our team sheet looks like a proper threat to most/any other side in the league. 

The penny-dropping moment will be delicious. 

So much this it's unfathomable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

Do you not think he'll already be a Villa legend? The local lad who came up through the ranks, got us promoted and stablised the club, probably the best player to wear the shirt since McGrath, beating Blues after taking a sucker punch to the head,  playing in an England squad that got to the first final since 66.

If he wants to leave now to win medals because deep down he doesn't believe the owners can get the club there then who am I to argue that?

Take the point about whether he wants be someone who forces the move or not but all players, even legendary ones get to the point where they look around, Shearer with Man U, Gerrard with Chelsea, Messi with PSG/Man City. 

1 - No, absolutely not. Everything he has done becomes largely irrelevant if he sets us back massively by leaving and helping to increase the gap between us and teams like Man City. 

2 - If he doesn't believe in this project, as a self-professed dyed in the wool Villa fan, then what hope do we have as a club of ever being anything? 

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

What did he have?

I've checked. There was a lot of chilli and garlic stuff apparently. She can't really remember - we're not a bright lot. 
It was ordered under his girlfriends name, so I need to be careful - GDPR y'know! 😉

The take away is the Happy Valley - so maybe he's going to Charlton? 

8 minutes ago, TeeBee said:

I don't find it a very nice place to be here if I simply search for my name and see the abuse I receive about my appearance and the way I look I find to be quite hurtful. I'm all for people disagreeing with my footballing opinion, it's the beauty of football, but that shouldn't result in people being personal with me, there's just no need for it. 

I don't know who you are or what you are talking about. I'm sorry to hear about this, just ignore them...

However, welcome to the forum. Ultimately we are Villa fans, that unites us!

UTV.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pez1974 said:

I've checked. There was a lot of chilli and garlic stuff apparently. She can't really remember - we're not a bright lot. 
It was ordered under his girlfriends name, so I need to be careful - GDPR y'know! 😉

The take away is the Happy Valley - so maybe he's going to Charlton? 

Did he pay with a Man City company credit card? Or a Villa one?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

How will Sky and Talksport even go about talking about us if Grealish stays? As a club worth talking about!?

It will all be about Jack lacking ambition more than anything else 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

How will Sky and Talksport even go about talking about us if Grealish stays? As a club worth talking about!?

No... "Plucky Aston Villa manage to keep hold of Jack Grealish cos he's a bottle job" would probably be the narrative that those idiots put out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Did he pay with a Man City company credit card? Or a Villa one?

She paid - maybe he's short of a bob or 2.
Apparently, he's due a pay rise from his current employer any day now.

• Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

This.  Pick any of the following:

• Jack has no ambition
  • Jack is scared he can't perform at the highest level
  • Jack's ego wouldn't let him sign unless he had assurances he's play every game
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

No... "Plucky Aston Villa manage to keep hold of Jack Grealish cos he's a bottle job" would probably be the narrative that those idiots put out. 

Yep it’ll be a lack of ambition from Grealish.

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

So accurate it hurts.

"I don't know why he doesn't just join the team that will win the league by 10 points without him and 25 points with him, where he'll only play 65% of the minutes he's available for.

Trying to overhaul that behemoth and all of the others along the way with your boyhood club shows a real lack of ambition".

Â